Where is everybody?

Topics relating to online racing and training with 3rd party software.
JoeCPA
Paddler

Where is everybody?

Post by JoeCPA » March 4th, 2015, 3:49 pm

So I just tried RowPro last night? I envisioned an online area with lots of people wanting to do some quick races, but instead all I found were scheduled races, the closest one was about an hour away and it was a 30 minute row.

So am I in the wrong place? or is this all there is to the online rowing? I thought I would be able to login and find someone(s) wanting to do a quick 500 or 2000. But instead I didn't find anything I could do online right then.

Thanks,
Joe
Started rowing March 4, 2015

jasontourt
Paddler

Re: Where is everybody?

Post by jasontourt » March 4th, 2015, 11:06 pm

Hi Joe,

I'm new here, too. I recall having the same feeling: where is everybody. Aren't there a lot more people out there rowing away on C2 ergs with RowPro?

I'd suggest creating a scheduled row and see who shows up.

It seems to me there is a bit of a chicken and egg problem here. We need to be the people actively online, so that the people who come after us do not show up and wonder where everybody is.

Nomad33fw
Paddler

Re: Where is everybody?

Post by Nomad33fw » May 10th, 2015, 2:34 am

I agree also. I invisioned signing on and entering a room where I might have to wait on a session to end before the next one started, or a quick connect to say a 2000 meter row. Anyway, I downloaded the iOS app an will start posting to see if I can find my first online row. I ran against some Olympic level pace boats tonight and promptly got spanked, it was as if they had outboard motors.