UK forum - is it down?

Not sure where you should be posting? Put it here.
George Dunning
1k Poster

UK forum - is it down?

Post by George Dunning » July 28th, 2007, 4:32 am

.... or just me :?:

george

Jon Goodall
Paddler

Post by Jon Goodall » July 28th, 2007, 4:38 am

Me also
MAD TEAM IRC #8

Snail Space
2k Poster

Post by Snail Space » July 28th, 2007, 4:46 am

and me

Micromonkey
Paddler

Post by Micromonkey » July 28th, 2007, 4:52 am

Me too :?

I hear Ranger's just checked into a withdrawal clinic

Citroen
SpamTeam

Post by Citroen » July 28th, 2007, 5:45 am

It's down because the hard disk is FULL.

So it's probably a direct consequence of 700+ pages of Ranger's drivel.

Pete Marston
Paddler

Post by Pete Marston » July 28th, 2007, 8:47 am

Has it made a difference letting people post videos, youtube clips, and loads of photos lately?

Yankeerunner
10k Poster

Post by Yankeerunner » July 28th, 2007, 9:58 am

Pete Marston wrote:Has it made a difference letting people post videos, youtube clips, and loads of photos lately?
Dougie taught us how to embed youtube videos, so I blame him. :twisted:

Did anyone find out how TSO did in the 5km that he said he would do yesterday? 1:46 @20spm wasn't it? Be a shame if we missed it because of the UK forum being down. :cry:

Snail Space
2k Poster

Post by Snail Space » July 28th, 2007, 1:28 pm

Citroen wrote:So it's probably a direct consequence of 700+ pages of Ranger's drivel.
Ranger can only share the blame. People that reply to his posts are the culpable ones; without other input the thread's would die.

PaulS
10k Poster

Post by PaulS » July 29th, 2007, 9:34 am

Snail Space wrote:
Citroen wrote:So it's probably a direct consequence of 700+ pages of Ranger's drivel.
Ranger can only share the blame. People that reply to his posts are the culpable ones; without other input the thread's would die.
That's strangely similar to blaming Doctors for disease. :roll:

There seems to be the same problem this morning, but Rich can always post his time here in the USIRDS thread where it has much less likelihood of being responded to at all. :twisted:

Roy sent me a 5k R20 that I doubt Rich will beat, even though he's been back training for 12 weeks rather than 5 years. Of course it's not for the USIRDS, but Dennis' is, and he's only been on the Erg about 3 times a week for the last 6 months. :lol:
Erg on,
Paul Smith
www.ps-sport.net Your source for Useful Rowing Accessories and Training Assistance.
"If you don't want to know the answer, don't ask me the question."

Bob S.
Marathon Poster

Post by Bob S. » August 5th, 2007, 12:19 am

I was looking over recent messages on the U.K. Forum and reached a point at which I was no longer able to open some pages — even some that had been open a short time before. I tried reopening the site from scratch and got the word that it couldn't be found or some such statement.

I had been checking out a thread that I had last seen 3 days ago. In the meantime, it had picked up 19 pages! Not 19 messages — 19 pages.

Why am I not surprised that the system is down for a while?

Bob S.

George Dunning
1k Poster

Post by George Dunning » August 5th, 2007, 1:21 am

Hi Bob, it is down for me as well. Seems to be quite are regular problem of late.

george

suemog
Paddler

Post by suemog » August 5th, 2007, 3:14 am

I can't get on the UK forum this morning. :(

Can't tell anyone how well Janet and I did at Warrington yesterday, collecting a nice shiny pot in the S3 2x. Not qualifying as only three participants. We raced both the others as we did the heat and then a straight turn round to the final. :D

Well, guess I told someone now. :D

Sue

Hennie Martini
1k Poster

Post by Hennie Martini » August 5th, 2007, 3:14 am

It is down..read somewhere that they installed a new server but they seem to have encountered some new problems :?
[url=http://www.c2ctc.com/]Cross Team Challenge[/url] 8)

Snail Space
2k Poster

Post by Snail Space » August 5th, 2007, 5:48 am

Hennie Martini wrote:It is down..read somewhere that they installed a new server but they seem to have encountered some new problems :?
Hopefully maintenance. If you try the www.concept2.co.uk homepage you get a redirected page titled "Fedora Core Test Page" which contains:

If you are a member of the general public:
The fact that you are seeing this page indicates that the website you just visited is either experiencing problems, or is undergoing routine maintenance.

If you are the website administrator:

You may now add content to the directory /var/www/html/. Note that until you do so, people visiting your website will see this page, and not your content.

I can normally access the homepage when the forum is having problems, so maybe they are using a [relatively] quiet Sunday morning to sort out the installation on the new server.

Cheers
Dave

George Dunning
1k Poster

Post by George Dunning » August 5th, 2007, 5:50 am

Snail Space wrote:snip ...

I can normally access the homepage when the forum is having problems, so maybe they are using a [relatively] quiet Sunday morning to sort out the installation on the new server.

Cheers
Dave
Maybe the case but you would expect some sort of notification if that was the case as a matter of courtesy.

george