Looking for a video shot over the stern

Not sure where you should be posting? Put it here.
Terry S.
Paddler

Looking for a video shot over the stern

Post by Terry S. » November 19th, 2011, 5:06 pm

Does anyone know of a commercially available video intended to show a rower's eye view over the stern of his (or her) shell?

I love the Holiday Challenge, but 200K meters at my increasingly slower pace demands mostly one hour sessions aboard my Model C. Something to convince me that my "rowing to nowhere" is in fact getting me somewhere would be really helpful.

There have been series of videos shot over the handlebars for those training on stationary bicycles. There was also a series produced for Nordic Trak ski machine users featuring freshly groomed trains that one would cover in virtual fashion.

Thanks.
79 yrs. old; inactive for about five years; trying to re-start! 8 million meter club.

Cyclist2
10k Poster

Re: Looking for a video shot over the stern

Post by Cyclist2 » November 20th, 2011, 8:40 pm

There was a VHS tape produced many years ago called "Power 10, Rowing Machine Companion". It had four workouts on it in 8s, and 4s with the view over the shoulder of the stern rowers. It was filmed on the Charles River in Boston. I haven't seen a DVD of it, but have seen the tapes (usually used) for sale in various places on the internet. It was a good workout for the beginning to intermediate rower. I can't find mine around here anymore.

I'd also like to see some new rowing videos like you suggest - I use cycling indoor trainer DVDs for my erg workouts, which works well. I'm surprised some enterprising person or group hasn't produced any (or have they and I'm in the dark?)
Mark Underwood. Rower first, cyclist too.

Terry S.
Paddler

Post by Terry S. » November 25th, 2011, 3:44 pm

Thanks, Mark. That's good to know, and I'll keep looking for something that works. I've found DVD's from The Learning Company are good attention grabbers, but the level of concentration they require can be a little hard to come by at 0-Dark-30 when I generally climb on my Model C.

Terry
79 yrs. old; inactive for about five years; trying to re-start! 8 million meter club.

TabbRows
2k Poster

Post by TabbRows » November 29th, 2011, 9:33 am

At one time, Xeno Muller had a series of DVDs of him rowing in the Newport (CA) Harbor. Both sternview and from the side as I recall. Long pieces (20 min+) too. Ambient background. Some were tagged onto his series of erg drills when he used C2 machines. You might google his current site and see if they are still available.
M 64 76 kg

"Sit Down! Row Hard! Go Nowhere!"

Terry S.
Paddler

Post by Terry S. » January 6th, 2012, 11:28 am

Didn't see anything on Muller's site like what you recall, TabbRows, but I appreciate your reply.

Terry

enrage
1k Poster

Post by enrage » January 6th, 2012, 3:36 pm

I'm waiting for someone to utilize the Kinect on the Xbox 360 and some how integrate it with rowing on the C2 Rower. they could do so much with the kinect.
Maybe one day.
Are you a Lebowski Achiever?

alkem
500m Poster

Post by alkem » March 18th, 2012, 3:45 am

I just found a few videos on YouTube and created a playlist if you'd like to check them out :).
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7C093749F0611A22

Our home gym set-up includes a computer linked to the TV, so we can view YouTube videos during work outs.

Stay inspired!
Michelle
[url]http://brainangles.blogspot.com[/url]

[img]http://www.c2ctc.com/sigs/img1173219887.png[/img]