Buying my first erg…Model C or D?

Not sure where you should be posting? Put it here.
Ducatista
2k Poster

Post by Ducatista » March 28th, 2006, 8:26 pm

swoz wrote:Just wanted to clarify that I wasn’t calling you lame, Ducatista, please don’t add me to the “ignore postings” list.
-Swoz
Ha, no worries, I ignore no one. (And I figured you weren't dissing me.)

There's nothing like that new erg smell, eh? You new and soon-to-be owners are reminding me what a great machine I've got. Maybe I'll squeak out a few extra meters this week in appreciation.

dutchcan
Paddler

Post by dutchcan » March 29th, 2006, 4:04 am

Of course I'm more inclined to do a Kandinsky scheme, but I'm odd like that.
That would be great Sasha, and it would blend it anywhere! Could you let me know when you get your machine? I still haven't taken the plunge; it's just a matter of time and funds. :D

Sasha
500m Poster

Post by Sasha » March 29th, 2006, 6:11 am

I shall.
First row 3/13/06

akit110
Paddler

Post by akit110 » March 29th, 2006, 11:09 am

When I was looking to buy an erg for my home early last year, I used craig's list (nyc) extensively. I saw C models with the PM2 monitor ranging from about 400 to 550 (with most of the time those prices being negotiable). Nearly all of them had seen very little use. This still was a considerable savings over buying a D factory direct and it was a lot cheaper than Ebay for a C too (I also saved on shipping by picking up the erg by car).

I have the opportunity to alternate between my C at home and my D at the gym. Predictably, since I have had much more time on the C, I tend to prefer the C since I like the way it looks, I prefer the way it sounds (I don't like the D's high pitched - though quieter- sound), I prefer the C handle and the PM2 monitor meets my needs perfectly. If I had a C and a D next to each other, I would hop on the C every time!

However, if I was going to do a lot of online stuff or hook my computer up to my laptop using software than I would definitely have gone with the D.

I will stick with my C until C2 comes out with something that's a revolutionary (rather than evolutionary) improvement on the C.

Sasha
500m Poster

Post by Sasha » March 29th, 2006, 6:49 pm

dutchcan wrote:
That would be great Sasha, and it would blend it anywhere! Could you let me know when you get your machine?
My machine arrived. I ordered it on Monday morning and it arrived this afternoon (East coast US). Total time from order to unpacked box approximately 30 hours. I was most impressed.
First row 3/13/06

dutchcan
Paddler

Post by dutchcan » March 30th, 2006, 1:41 am

So now you can row when you want. That's great Sasha! Is it as beautiful as it looks on the website? And where have you placed it?

Sasha
500m Poster

Post by Sasha » March 30th, 2006, 8:12 am

It is beginning life on my small 'sun room' that is actually a glassed-in balcony but at ground level -- hope that makes sense. Spring is sprung and looking at the blooming trees is quite soothing. Oh, and I have me some XM radio there too.

Btw, unpacking it and putting it together, including figuring out how to cause the PM3 to speak English when it so clearly wanted to speak
French, took much less than an hour.

It is quite attractive in not-calling-too-much-attention-to-itself sort of way. I like the low sleekness of it and the not a scratch on it new erg smell. B)
First row 3/13/06

misfit
Paddler

Coach your own life.

Post by misfit » March 30th, 2006, 5:28 pm

John Rupp wrote:nag nag
John, you claim to be a life coach.

see this

So get your life coached , you have pieces missing.

missing or not found or not there or not much info

Maybe you should spend more time getting this sorted out.

Just ask anybody to mail to jrupprun at earthlink.net if you need help.

Regards,
Misfit.