Hey, moto people.

Not sure where you should be posting? Put it here.
Ducatista
2k Poster

Hey, moto people.

Post by Ducatista » June 21st, 2007, 1:51 pm

On the radio the other day I heard an interview with Stephen Kuusisto, the author of Eavesdropping: A Memoir of Blindness and Listening. He was incredibly eloquent about how rich and sensual his sightless world is—but predictably, the interviewer asked him: if there were surgery available that would grant you sight, would you have it? Kuusisto explained that that's a controversial, even offensive, sort of question to some, implying that the disabled person is less than complete.

But he said he'd definitely have the surgery, because: "There are lots of things I'd love to do. I'd love to buy a motorcycle and go ripping down a Midwestern road."

Da-amn. That hit home, and not just because Midwestern roads are the ones I usually go ripping down. Lucky bastards, we moto folk.

Cheers,
Ann

LittleBit
Paddler

Post by LittleBit » June 21st, 2007, 5:29 pm

Hey Ann:
Yes I love my "moto" - not as fancy as yours, but my "Silver Beauty" is a joy to me. She's a 2004 883C Sportster, H-D. And I truly believe that my rowing has helped me to have the strength to handle her safely and enjoy my rides. A non-moto person asked me how long did I think I would ride. My answer was - probably as long as I can drive, and I have no problem going to three wheels someday, if necessary!! Safe riding & if you are in Southern Indiana, don't forget to wave at the gal on the Silver H-D!
Catherine