Holiday Destination with a Concept 2 rower

Not sure where you should be posting? Put it here.
pjsals
Paddler

Holiday Destination with a Concept 2 rower

Post by pjsals » March 13th, 2023, 3:57 pm

Hi everyone, I am looking to book a break away in the summer preferably in the sun like Greece, Portugal etc. However I really want to book a hotel with a Concept 2 rower. Has anyone ever booked anywhere sunny with a decent gym including C2 rowers. It's make or break for a good holiday when I know they have the right equipment. Cheers

JaapvanE
10k Poster

Re: Holiday Destination with a Concept 2 rower

Post by JaapvanE » March 13th, 2023, 4:54 pm

I usually call ahead, and ask if they have rowing machines and what condition they are (I hate it when they have a PM3, as I can't take my metrics with me). Especially when yuo are booking and see it as a requirement, most employees will check :).

MysticMelody
Paddler

Post by MysticMelody » April 8th, 2024, 2:28 am

You might want to check out Spain. Barcelona and Marbella are fantastic options. In Barcelona, hotels like Hotel Arts Barcelona or W Barcelona offer excellent gym facilities with a variety of equipment to keep you on track with your fitness goals. Plus, you'll have the added bonus of exploring the vibrant city and relaxing on the nearby beaches. In Marbella, consider staying at the Marbella Club Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa or Puente Romano Marbella, where luxury meets fitness with state-of-the-art gyms featuring top-notch equipment. Plus, you can enjoy the vibrant city life and hit the beach after a good workout. Check out this link for some options: https://gowithguide.com/spain Have a blast! B)

Rowan McSheen
2k Poster

Post by Rowan McSheen » April 8th, 2024, 2:27 pm

Choose your destination based on the sunshine, beaches, cultural life, architecture etc and enjoy your holiday, with the rest of your group if not going alone. If the resort has C2s in good nick, then fine. But if not, a week or two without erging will not affect your fitness and may even do you good.

Take a break!
Stu 5' 9" 165 lb/75 kg (give or take a couple) born 1960

gvcormac
6k Poster

Post by gvcormac » April 8th, 2024, 9:35 pm

You can almost always find photos of the gym--official and unofficial--on the web. I've used this to find C2 machines.

It is handy to carry spare batteries and a bit of chain oil, as hotel rowers are seldom maintained. Newer Model C, as well as models D, E, and RowErg (PM3, PM4 or PM5 monitor) use two D cells; older Model Cs (PM2 monitor) use two AA cells.

Although I don't like GymLink as much, their rowers are an acceptable alternative.