Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

From the CRASH-B's to an online challenge, discuss the competitive side of erging here.
Fisherguy
Paddler
Posts: 3
Joined: March 4th, 2020, 11:24 pm

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Post by Fisherguy » November 23rd, 2023, 1:48 pm

Citroen wrote:
November 22nd, 2023, 5:56 pm
Fisherguy wrote:
November 22nd, 2023, 2:33 pm
Over the summer and fall I was busy with other things and didn't row, now I'm dealing with injuries and am not doing anyone a favor being on a team. How do I leave my team, leave the challenge? I can only find how to change teams.
My user name is Will Wright
Thx
You don't. You can't. All existing results remain forever.

If you don't row a challenge nothing bad happens and no one will notice you're missing.
OK Thanks.

User avatar
Butch91
Paddler
Posts: 36
Joined: September 13th, 2010, 5:43 am
Location: Cork - Ireland
Contact:

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Post by Butch91 » November 24th, 2023, 10:15 am

Hello. Just noted on the Facebook group discussion started about a new ctc site, see below, just wondered what would happen to the existing site?

"🫵🫵🫵🫵 ATTENTION! 🫵🫵🫵🫵

Plans are underway to create an entirely new CTC site.

I’ll fill the community in with the relevant details at a later date, but for now, I’m looking for feedback as to what people would / would not like from a new site. Please comment below. Nothing ridiculous or stupid please. Thank you."
Paul Buchanan

My blog is HERE

User avatar
Citroen
SpamTeam
Posts: 7919
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 3:28 pm
Location: A small cave in deepest darkest Basingstoke, UK

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Post by Citroen » November 24th, 2023, 11:31 am

British Rowing are looking to take over the old http://c2ctc.com site.

So it's likely to get a better login, get a self-service password reset, move from MD5 encoded passwords (to something more secure). The login option should change so you don't have to scroll down 14,000 userids to find your one (if your name starts with a Z).

It's not a new site, it's a replacement for the existing site with 6500 days worth of web site upgrades.

MNW
Paddler
Posts: 35
Joined: August 14th, 2019, 1:13 pm

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Post by MNW » December 1st, 2023, 1:40 pm

Great stuff Dougie - Ian here Mercian Fitness and we will have one for you soon.

Do you want me toi post direct on this thread?

Ian

User avatar
Citroen
SpamTeam
Posts: 7919
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 3:28 pm
Location: A small cave in deepest darkest Basingstoke, UK

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Post by Citroen » December 1st, 2023, 4:56 pm

MNW wrote:
December 1st, 2023, 1:40 pm
Do you want me to post direct on this thread?
You can post it here or by private message. Casey even follows the Faceborg route and passes things on.
You can wait up to 29th December to give the final notice - there's no rush.

lindsayh
Half Marathon Poster
Posts: 3625
Joined: June 23rd, 2013, 3:32 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Post by lindsayh » December 1st, 2023, 6:46 pm

there is a false entry at the top of the Nov challenge that has altered the results!
Lindsay
72yo 93kg
Sydney Australia
Forum Flyer
PBs (65y+) 1 min 349m, 500m 1:29.8, 1k 3:11.7 2k 6:47.4, 5km 18:07.9, 30' 7928m, 10k 37:57.2, 60' 15368m

User avatar
Citroen
SpamTeam
Posts: 7919
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 3:28 pm
Location: A small cave in deepest darkest Basingstoke, UK

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Post by Citroen » December 1st, 2023, 8:03 pm

lindsayh wrote:
December 1st, 2023, 6:46 pm
there is a false entry at the top of the Nov challenge that has altered the results!
Removed.

MNW
Paddler
Posts: 35
Joined: August 14th, 2019, 1:13 pm

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Post by MNW » December 4th, 2023, 4:45 am

Citroen wrote:
December 1st, 2023, 4:56 pm
MNW wrote:
December 1st, 2023, 1:40 pm
Do you want me to post direct on this thread?
You can post it here or by private message. Casey even follows the Faceborg route and passes things on.
You can wait up to 29th December to give the final notice - there's no rush.
I will post it up here in the next few days.

Thank you.

Ian

joe80
2k Poster
Posts: 302
Joined: April 9th, 2006, 12:58 pm

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Post by joe80 » December 4th, 2023, 9:05 am

Following six consecutive months of topping the leaderboard, Te Waka were edged out in the November challenge by Germania. Congratulations to Te Waka for maintaining the winning streak for so long and to Germania for breaking it.

The Diamonds produced an extraordinary flotilla of 72 boats at this longer distance. Great stuff!

Future Challengers:
January: Mercian Fitness
February: PaddyPower
March: Germania

Image

Image

Regards,
Joe

MNW
Paddler
Posts: 35
Joined: August 14th, 2019, 1:13 pm

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Post by MNW » December 13th, 2023, 3:43 am

MNW wrote:
December 4th, 2023, 4:45 am
Citroen wrote:
December 1st, 2023, 4:56 pm
MNW wrote:
December 1st, 2023, 1:40 pm
Do you want me to post direct on this thread?
You can post it here or by private message. Casey even follows the Faceborg route and passes things on.
You can wait up to 29th December to give the final notice - there's no rush.
I will post it up here in the next few days.

Thank you.

Ian
Here is the Mercian Fitness choice for the January CTC:

ESME'S DELIGHT

6 x 250m SPM Limited to 20SPM
60 Secs Min Rest Between Intervals
Slowest Interval Counts
Record Your Time for the Slowest Interval

MPx
10k Poster
Posts: 1140
Joined: October 30th, 2016, 1:38 pm
Location: Somerset, UK

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Post by MPx » December 13th, 2023, 9:01 am

MNW wrote:
December 13th, 2023, 3:43 am

60 Secs Min Rest Between Intervals
That's 60secs (ie 1 min) rest and not a minimum of 60 secs I'm guessing Ian?
Mike - 66 HWT 183

Image

Sakly
Half Marathon Poster
Posts: 2468
Joined: January 13th, 2022, 10:49 am

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Post by Sakly » December 13th, 2023, 12:42 pm

MPx wrote:
December 13th, 2023, 9:01 am
MNW wrote:
December 13th, 2023, 3:43 am

60 Secs Min Rest Between Intervals
That's 60secs (ie 1 min) rest and not a minimum of 60 secs I'm guessing Ian?
Think the same, interesting challenge for January 😄
Male - '80 - 78kg - 177cm - Start rowErg Jan 2022
1': 331m
4': 1217m
30'r20: 8068m
30': 8,283m
60': 16,222m
100m: 0:16.1
500m: 1:27.1
1k: 3:11.6
2k: 6:39.0
5k: 17:39.6
6k: 21:15.3
10k: 36:01.5
HM: 1:18:40.1
FM: 2:52:32.6
My log

nick rockliff
10k Poster
Posts: 2102
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 3:54 pm
Location: UK

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Post by nick rockliff » December 13th, 2023, 1:47 pm

Sakly wrote:
December 13th, 2023, 12:42 pm
MPx wrote:
December 13th, 2023, 9:01 am
MNW wrote:
December 13th, 2023, 3:43 am

60 Secs Min Rest Between Intervals
That's 60secs (ie 1 min) rest and not a minimum of 60 secs I'm guessing Ian?
Think the same, interesting challenge for January 😄
Will make a massive difference if you start from a dead flywheel for each rep. Should have been specified.
66 6' 4" 108kg
PBs 2k 6:16.4 5k 16:37.5 10k 34:35.5 30m 8727 60m 17059 HM 74:25.9 FM 2:43:48.8
50s PBs 2k 6.24.3 5k 16.55.4 6k 20.34.2 10k 35.19.0 30m 8633 60m 16685 HM 76.48.7
60s PBs 5k 17.51.2 10k 36.42.6 30m 8263 60m 16089 HM 79.16.6

Sakly
Half Marathon Poster
Posts: 2468
Joined: January 13th, 2022, 10:49 am

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Post by Sakly » December 13th, 2023, 5:02 pm

nick rockliff wrote:
December 13th, 2023, 1:47 pm
Sakly wrote:
December 13th, 2023, 12:42 pm
MPx wrote:
December 13th, 2023, 9:01 am


That's 60secs (ie 1 min) rest and not a minimum of 60 secs I'm guessing Ian?
Think the same, interesting challenge for January 😄
Will make a massive difference if you start from a dead flywheel for each rep. Should have been specified.
Definitely. So the first rep could probably be the slowest one by default 😄
Male - '80 - 78kg - 177cm - Start rowErg Jan 2022
1': 331m
4': 1217m
30'r20: 8068m
30': 8,283m
60': 16,222m
100m: 0:16.1
500m: 1:27.1
1k: 3:11.6
2k: 6:39.0
5k: 17:39.6
6k: 21:15.3
10k: 36:01.5
HM: 1:18:40.1
FM: 2:52:32.6
My log

User avatar
Recess
1k Poster
Posts: 132
Joined: September 17th, 2013, 5:10 am
Contact:

Re: Cross Team Challenge - Discussion Thread

Post by Recess » December 15th, 2023, 5:27 am

Citroen wrote:
November 24th, 2023, 11:31 am
British Rowing are looking to take over the old http://c2ctc.com site.

So it's likely to get a better login, get a self-service password reset, move from MD5 encoded passwords (to something more secure). The login option should change so you don't have to scroll down 14,000 userids to find your one (if your name starts with a Z).

It's not a new site, it's a replacement for the existing site with 6500 days worth of web site upgrades.
Wow! That's great news. I know over the years there have been a few offers of re-designing the website, but as they've been from teams (The Fitness Matters one WAS lovely) I guess it made it a little tricky to make it happen.

But British Rowing coming on board to do something with it can only lead to good things!! (Well, unless they get bored with their new toy, and it falls apart like the old Concept2 forum....

John

Post Reply