Skeleton Crew 2007

Birdi
500m Poster

Post by Birdi » October 31st, 2007, 2:15 pm

Good job Gals! :D It's still morning here so I've not got to it yet, husband works nights so just got home and we've caught up with farm chores. He leaves tomorrow for 2 weeks hunting elk up on Mt St Helens. I'll row once he goes to bed for the day. Let ya know how I do later. Congrats on making it! See ya soon. :D
You don't have to be the best, all you have to do is keep at it. Pain is only weakness leaving your body. Nahongvita!

Wood_Duck
1k Poster

Post by Wood_Duck » October 31st, 2007, 2:52 pm

Well done! I made it too.

Mel, make sure you don't do too much and burn out. Long-term and consistent and steady is the way to to.

Anna, one year I just finished the 100K and CELEBRATED. I find it quite motivational at any distance. (I had asked my hubby to put the erg on the roof of the car but he thought that was over the top...)

Birdi, I look forward to hearing you finished too!

Susan
AKA Wood_Duck
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
1st row 11/23/04; 1 MM 3/20/06; 2 MM 6/9/07; 3 MM 5/15/08; 1st 2k: 1/28/07 (9:04.2); 1st MARATHON! 4/19/06 (4:42:42.9)

Birdi
500m Poster

Post by Birdi » October 31st, 2007, 8:21 pm

Yep, I think I did 33,826 if I remember right, just went until I had my 5k in for today so that's what it ended up as. Time to go out to dinner with hubby before he leaves me for 2 wks hunting. :cry: I'll get to row more then. :) I need to slowly push up to 6k/day then get up to 7,500 so I can make the 200k Holiday. I already see my times going down, good. I'm also in that 'zone' where I WANT to do it and not the 'oh no, I gotta get started again zone' I HATE that feeling. :x Did you gals notice what happened yesterday and today, we dropped to #8, boo hoo! :cry: Somebody in the other clubs is rowing their butts off. Let's see if we can bring DUCKS back up a notch! :twisted: Good for all of us who did the challenge or any of us who at least gave it a go! Yeah GIRLS, Yeah DUCKS! :wink: :D
You don't have to be the best, all you have to do is keep at it. Pain is only weakness leaving your body. Nahongvita!

MomofJBN
2k Poster

Post by MomofJBN » October 31st, 2007, 10:41 pm

I've found my way back to the boards after a while of not checking. I did finish the Skeleton challenge. Without that pressure, I almost certainly would have switched my erging to tomorrow. He actually came home mid-day and suggested we go out to lunch. :shock: It's his birthday to day. :D So I was stuffed, but still managed an erg before picking up the boys from school.

It's good to see everyone again and a few new faces.

Schenley
Schenley
Wife of Jeff
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/momofjbn/dudes_small.jpg[/img] Mom of Jonathan (12), Benjamin (10), and Nicholas (8)

yksin
Paddler

Post by yksin » November 1st, 2007, 11:06 am

Wood_Duck wrote:Mel, make sure you don't do too much and burn out. Long-term and consistent and steady is the way to to.
Thanks, you're very right! Yeah, yesterday after that last day Skeleton Challenge push, I took a break. Started back up this morning, just now (sweat still pouring down my face) with some 500m intervals for about half my day's distance, I'll do another set tonight after work. I'm a believe in intervals anyway -- long rows are good (esp. when I have time to do them, on weekends!), but from what I've read/researched, intervals appear to be the really big calorie burners, esp. in combination with weight training.

http://www.turbulencetraining.com/
http://turbulencetraining.blogspot.com/

Today marks the beginning of NaNoWriMo -- National Novel Writing Month -- so that's another something I'm counting: words per day until reaching that magical goal of 50,000 words/month (ave. 1667/day, about 6 double-spaced pages). Wish me luck!

-- Mel :mrgreen:

Birdi
500m Poster

Post by Birdi » November 1st, 2007, 3:54 pm

Well now we got this challenge done suppose we'll drop this thread and pick up on another, I see a DUCKS active thread, will drop in there and see what's cooking. Great to see you gals, let's meet over there!