SkiErg Bluetooth Connectivity

Talk about the ski ergometer and training tool from Concept2
diesel_kayak
Paddler

SkiErg Bluetooth Connectivity

Post by diesel_kayak » May 6th, 2021, 6:45 pm

Greetings,
I cannot seem to figure this out. I have a Skierg as well as a Bikeerg and a rower. I was trying out the Bluetooth connectivity to Zwift. When I turn on the PM5s of the rower and Bikeerg and hit connect both show up on the Zwift screen and readily connect. When I do the same on the Skierg no matter what combination of buttons I push I cannot get the unit to show up as a connection option. I have even tried bringing the unit closer to the device hosting the Zwift app (Apple tv), but nothing works. All of the Concept2 machines are the same vintage. Could it be true that the Skierg really has less PM5 functionality than the other Concept2 machines? I contacted support and they just said maybe the Skierg just wasn't compatible with Zwift (being a ski machine and not a bike machine), if this is the case why can I easily connect with the rower? BTW, I am able to connect with the Painsled app but would rather connect directly. Thank you for your help.

Citroen
SpamTeam

Re: SkiErg Bluetooth Connectivity

Post by Citroen » May 6th, 2021, 6:49 pm

diesel_kayak
Paddler

Post by diesel_kayak » May 6th, 2021, 8:01 pm

Yes, all 3 PM5s are updated with the latest firmware

Citroen
SpamTeam

Post by Citroen » May 7th, 2021, 4:12 am

Make sure the PM5 on your Skierg hasn't been paired with your phone. Pairing for BT breaks BTLE.

Install Ergdata and see if that can connect to the Skierg PM5.

Replace the batteries in the Skierg PM5 (borrow a good pair from one of your other ergs).

diesel_kayak
Paddler

Post by diesel_kayak » May 8th, 2021, 10:56 pm

I replaced the batteries, same issues. I used to be able to connect to Ergdata but I have been using Krew to load workouts (the Zwift connectivity issues were happening before I used Krew). Do I need to disconnect the PM5 somehow from my phone? I tried to reinstall the firmware (I have the current version), when I insert a USB drive it only goes to a user logbook and doesn't give me an option to update (as it does with my other PM5s.

Citroen
SpamTeam

Post by Citroen » May 9th, 2021, 5:40 am

You MUST ensure that the PM5 is NOT paired with the phone.

If it's Zwift that's not working ask them for help at https://support.zwift.com/