Thread for Garmin users

Talk about the ski ergometer and training tool from Concept2
frnkr
Paddler

Thread for Garmin users

Post by frnkr » December 13th, 2023, 11:28 am

Hi,

I'm a happy new SkiErg owner and an avid Garmin user who would like to use my Garmin Epix for collecting the data instead of Logbook. But as many of you might have notice FE-C connection won't transfer the data.

So, I spoke with concept2 about the issue. They told that Garmin has stated that SkiErg profile is needed and it is an easy task to implement. However, Garmin needs to see the demand before the activity will be released. So this is up to us if we want to have the activity. Please notice that Erg IQ is not a solution because it's deprecating.

I have already requested Garmin to add the activity: the process is easy, quick (takes one minute) and is done via this form: https://www.garmin.com/en-US/forms/ideas/

I'm asking if other members of this forum could help and do the request too. You can use following sentence in the form B) or use your own => Hi, please add SkiErg activity to Garmin ecosystem. Thanks!

RowErg is already an activity so please help having SkiErg too! Thanks for your support!

HornetMaX
5k Poster

Re: Thread for Garmin users

Post by HornetMaX » January 6th, 2024, 2:41 pm

Hey, Garmin user here too (1 month old Instinct 2X, used with RowErg and SkiErg).

I just posted this: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=203192&hilit=garmin ... 15#p578556

I find that logging on c2 logbook and allowing it to forward the data to Garmin Connect is way easier and overall equivalent.
Just my opinion, but the only drawback I see is that while SkiErging without logging on the Garmin, it logs some steps. Everything else is basically OK.

I do agree however that, for the ones that do not want to use c2 logbook, a dedicated Indoor Skiing activity (with proper connectivity to the PM5) would make sense. I've filed the request (I think i did it weeks ago, but I've just done it again :) ).
1973, 173cm (5'8"), LW, started rowing Sep 2021 (after 10 years of being a couch potato), c2 log
RowErg PBs: