Concept 2 "Triathlon"

If you run, cycle, swim, play ball, ride, whatever, this is the forum for you.
RayOfSunshine
6k Poster
Posts: 719
Joined: December 15th, 2017, 9:45 am

Re: Concept 2 "Triathlon"

Post by RayOfSunshine » March 19th, 2023, 8:17 am

I see now...

Image

It shows up as MultiErg

Image

Is there a Million Meter club for MultiErg? :?: I'm thinking about the free t-shirt. :lol:
Male, January 1971
Neptune Beach, FL
on way back to LWT

gvcormac
5k Poster
Posts: 501
Joined: April 20th, 2022, 10:27 am

Re: Concept 2 "Triathlon"

Post by gvcormac » March 20th, 2023, 5:02 am

Meters are added to the grand total, for sure. And not to your t-shirt totals. It is news to me but I'm willing to believe that they work for the "do all you can" challenges but not the "set piece" challenges.

gvcormac
5k Poster
Posts: 501
Joined: April 20th, 2022, 10:27 am

Re: Concept 2 "Triathlon"

Post by gvcormac » March 20th, 2023, 5:21 am

Gymbeau wrote:
March 18th, 2023, 3:42 pm

Anyway, I used ethernet cables; it worked, but I'm not willing to hard-wire the ergs on a regular basis.

I'm sure that'll change--small steps forward.
My understanding is that the new PM5s have green CII logo, while older ones have white. I have had no problems with my three green ones. The oldest is the one on my nearly-2-year-old bikeerg.

I haven't had a problem with the bluetooth, but I haven't used the ergathlon feature that often.

RayOfSunshine
6k Poster
Posts: 719
Joined: December 15th, 2017, 9:45 am

Re: Concept 2 "Triathlon"

Post by RayOfSunshine » March 20th, 2023, 9:06 am

gvcormac wrote:
March 20th, 2023, 5:21 am
Gymbeau wrote:
March 18th, 2023, 3:42 pm

Anyway, I used ethernet cables; it worked, but I'm not willing to hard-wire the ergs on a regular basis.

I'm sure that'll change--small steps forward.
My understanding is that the new PM5s have green CII logo, while older ones have white. I have had no problems with my three green ones. The oldest is the one on my nearly-2-year-old bikeerg.

I haven't had a problem with the bluetooth, but I haven't used the ergathlon feature that often.
Mine are green as well. No problems so far. I only have the rower and ski. I'm enjoying the ergathon and am considering getting the bikeerg. Of the 3 ergs, which do you use the most?
Male, January 1971
Neptune Beach, FL
on way back to LWT

User avatar
Gymbeau
Paddler
Posts: 36
Joined: October 17th, 2020, 7:49 am
Location: suburb of Chicago

Re: Concept 2 "Triathlon"

Post by Gymbeau » March 20th, 2023, 6:22 pm

RayOfSunshine wrote:
March 20th, 2023, 9:06 am
gvcormac wrote:
March 20th, 2023, 5:21 am
Gymbeau wrote:
March 18th, 2023, 3:42 pm

Anyway, I used ethernet cables; it worked, but I'm not willing to hard-wire the ergs on a regular basis.

I'm sure that'll change--small steps forward.
My understanding is that the new PM5s have green CII logo, while older ones have white. I have had no problems with my three green ones. The oldest is the one on my nearly-2-year-old bikeerg.

I haven't had a problem with the bluetooth, but I haven't used the ergathlon feature that often.
Mine are green as well. No problems so far. I only have the rower and ski. I'm enjoying the ergathon and am considering getting the bikeerg. Of the 3 ergs, which do you use the most?
The PM5's on my ergs are all green logoed, but are unreliable when using ergathlon via bluetooth.
When all you have is a Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory, everything starts to look like two black holes colliding.

James in Bartlett, IL

gvcormac
5k Poster
Posts: 501
Joined: April 20th, 2022, 10:27 am

Re: Concept 2 "Triathlon"

Post by gvcormac » March 21st, 2023, 6:43 am

RayOfSunshine wrote:
March 20th, 2023, 9:06 am

Mine are green as well. No problems so far. I only have the rower and ski. I'm enjoying the ergathon and am considering getting the bikeerg. Of the 3 ergs, which do you use the most?
I use the Bike most, then there's no clear winner between ski and row. I use the bike for 30+ minutes every morning while I wake up and have coffee and read email/news. So I put on about 4000k/year. The Bike, unlike the skier and rower, is hands-free. That's the reason; nothing to do with the quality of the exercise. For pure exercise I prefer the RowErg, but there's 35 years of familiarity built into that. I like the SkiErg too, and have put about the same number of meters on that as the rowErg, since I got it about 1/2 year ago.

I generally do 5 mins of row and/or ski (approx. 1km) as warmup for my strength exercises. That's after the morning bike.

RayOfSunshine
6k Poster
Posts: 719
Joined: December 15th, 2017, 9:45 am

Re: Concept 2 "Triathlon"

Post by RayOfSunshine » March 21st, 2023, 8:42 am

gvcormac wrote:
March 21st, 2023, 6:43 am
RayOfSunshine wrote:
March 20th, 2023, 9:06 am

Mine are green as well. No problems so far. I only have the rower and ski. I'm enjoying the ergathon and am considering getting the bikeerg. Of the 3 ergs, which do you use the most?
I use the Bike most, then there's no clear winner between ski and row. I use the bike for 30+ minutes every morning while I wake up and have coffee and read email/news. So I put on about 4000k/year. The Bike, unlike the skier and rower, is hands-free. That's the reason; nothing to do with the quality of the exercise. For pure exercise I prefer the RowErg, but there's 35 years of familiarity built into that. I like the SkiErg too, and have put about the same number of meters on that as the rowErg, since I got it about 1/2 year ago.

I generally do 5 mins of row and/or ski (approx. 1km) as warmup for my strength exercises. That's after the morning bike.
Thank you. I ordered the bikeerg yesterday after looking through the message boards and messaging @caseyclarke who also had a lot of experience on all 3. If you have any suggestions on accessories, please let me know
Male, January 1971
Neptune Beach, FL
on way back to LWT

gvcormac
5k Poster
Posts: 501
Joined: April 20th, 2022, 10:27 am

Re: Concept 2 "Triathlon"

Post by gvcormac » March 21st, 2023, 10:58 am

RayOfSunshine wrote:
March 21st, 2023, 8:42 am
gvcormac wrote:
March 21st, 2023, 6:43 am
RayOfSunshine wrote:
March 20th, 2023, 9:06 am

Mine are green as well. No problems so far. I only have the rower and ski. I'm enjoying the ergathon and am considering getting the bikeerg. Of the 3 ergs, which do you use the most?
I use the Bike most, then there's no clear winner between ski and row. I use the bike for 30+ minutes every morning while I wake up and have coffee and read email/news. So I put on about 4000k/year. The Bike, unlike the skier and rower, is hands-free. That's the reason; nothing to do with the quality of the exercise. For pure exercise I prefer the RowErg, but there's 35 years of familiarity built into that. I like the SkiErg too, and have put about the same number of meters on that as the rowErg, since I got it about 1/2 year ago.

I generally do 5 mins of row and/or ski (approx. 1km) as warmup for my strength exercises. That's after the morning bike.
Thank you. I ordered the bikeerg yesterday after looking through the message boards and messaging @caseyclarke who also had a lot of experience on all 3. If you have any suggestions on accessories, please let me know
Yes. Order the toe clips for $5. Also check seatpost height. You can order shorter or longer than standard, I think. That said, I'm fine with standard, as is my wife who is 4'10".

gvcormac
5k Poster
Posts: 501
Joined: April 20th, 2022, 10:27 am

Re: Concept 2 "Triathlon"

Post by gvcormac » March 21st, 2023, 11:06 am

Also, I built a table for my Bike Erg. In the alternative, you can find manufactured ones, but they are a bit pricey.

The Bike Erg now comes with a tablet holder, which may be adequate. But I prefer the table.

https://youtu.be/x_ef4RZGjyk

RayOfSunshine
6k Poster
Posts: 719
Joined: December 15th, 2017, 9:45 am

Re: Concept 2 "Triathlon"

Post by RayOfSunshine » March 21st, 2023, 3:57 pm

gvcormac wrote:
March 21st, 2023, 11:06 am
Also, I built a table for my Bike Erg. In the alternative, you can find manufactured ones, but they are a bit pricey.

The Bike Erg now comes with a tablet holder, which may be adequate. But I prefer the table.

https://youtu.be/x_ef4RZGjyk
Very cool. Thanks for sharing!
Male, January 1971
Neptune Beach, FL
on way back to LWT

RayOfSunshine
6k Poster
Posts: 719
Joined: December 15th, 2017, 9:45 am

Re: Concept 2 "Triathlon"

Post by RayOfSunshine » March 30th, 2023, 10:08 pm

I had a problem connecting to my rower (oldest of the 3) yesterday. I saved it as a favorite erg to ErgData (you can choose 1 rower, 1 skierg, and one bikeerg). Today, I did my 1st sprint ergathlon with all 3. I enjoyed the variation. Lots of room for improvement. I think a good LONG term goal for me is sub 24'.

Image
Male, January 1971
Neptune Beach, FL
on way back to LWT

Post Reply