HITTING 1 MILLION METERS (TODAY I HOPE !)

General discussion on Training. How to get better on your erg, how to use your erg to get better at another sport, or anything else about improving your abilities.
excellence
Paddler

HITTING 1 MILLION METERS (TODAY I HOPE !)

Post by excellence » March 18th, 2009, 12:52 pm

Well, today should do it. Got 12,668 to go. It's not the number; that's a no-brainer. I'm still not running on all pistons, and with one erg at the gym it can get rather hard to get good time on it without someone breathing down your neck. I think I can put this to bed though.

It was like putting coins in a jar and one day going "I have a lot of money in there." I had recorded all my stats on my own sheets since I started, and they were all in order, but I didn't put them online (at the advice of a friend) until last November. So, this is a good thing.
Considering the interruptions of not being able to row that I've had to make for medical reasons over the past 1 1/2 yrs. I did pretty good. Lost some big blocks of time in that period.
Next mill will be a lot quicker! I know the old timers (please take it as an experience compliment) have more than hit the mills; any newer rowers there yet? I like doing distance, so even though I didn't know about the mill challenge until I went online, it was never work for me.

DavidA
10k Poster

Post by DavidA » March 18th, 2009, 3:29 pm

Congratulations!! :D
May you have continued good health and many more millions of meters.

David
63 y / 70 kg / 172 cm / 5 kids / 17 grandkids :)
Received my model C erg 18-Dec-1994
my log

n1lul
500m Poster

Post by n1lul » March 18th, 2009, 7:59 pm

Great job! You should be really proud.

I JUST started rowing 8 days ago. I only have 963,000 meters to go.

One stroke at a time.
Ray Wright
M-50 5'11" 200lbs.

If one wanted to lay waste to all the energy in the body in the shortest possible time, rowing would be the way to do it. (Kiesling)