Indoor rowing (C2) Training Camps

General discussion on Training. How to get better on your erg, how to use your erg to get better at another sport, or anything else about improving your abilities.
maritato1
Paddler

Indoor rowing (C2) Training Camps

Post by maritato1 » August 19th, 2006, 2:25 pm

HI

I am new to indoor rowing though my daughter rowed in college for two years. I know that there are on-the-water rowing schools/camps, etc. Is there such as thing as a C2 indoor rowing type camp/weekend or something like that?
Thanks, in advance, for any replies.

Rich

PS. As a new 3 week rower, any thoughts on how many meters I should be putting in per week for the next few months.

Bob S.
Marathon Poster

Re: Indoor rowing (C2) Training Camps

Post by Bob S. » August 19th, 2006, 3:59 pm

maritato1 wrote:HI

I am new to indoor rowing though my daughter rowed in college for two years. I know that there are on-the-water rowing schools/camps, etc. Is there such as thing as a C2 indoor rowing type camp/weekend or something like that?
Thanks, in advance, for any replies.

Rich

PS. As a new 3 week rower, any thoughts on how many meters I should be putting in per week for the next few months.
Check this out:

http://www.gorow.com/xenonewsupdate.htm

That site should give you all the information you need.

Bob S.

Alissa
2k Poster

Re: Indoor rowing (C2) Training Camps

Post by Alissa » August 19th, 2006, 4:04 pm

maritato1 wrote:Is there such as thing as a C2 indoor rowing type camp/weekend or something like that?
Xeno Muller has 2-day rowing workshops at the Iron Oarsmanin Costa Mesa, CA once a month. Or you can design your own! He offers both classes, and various kinds of private coaching/training sessions at the Iron Oarsman, so you could design-your-own indoor rowing intensive with just the components you want!

I'd give him a call and discuss what would be best—and work best—for you.

Have fun.

Alissa

ETA: Sorry for the duplicate info, I see I was working on this post while Bob was working on his...

Sean Seamus
1k Poster

Post by Sean Seamus » August 24th, 2006, 11:17 pm

here is another avenue for learning Indoor Rowing

Concept 2 runs an instructor course

http://www.concept2.com/05/healthclub/group_rowing.asp

Presumably they list certified instructors - for those who are not able to get to Cosa Mesa any time soon.

Full disclaimer : I am going to take the course Saturday August 26 / 2006 in Michigan. [/url]
Train Don't Strain ~ Think or Sink