Pete Plan Group - Startup Aug 20th thru 22nd

General discussion on Training. How to get better on your erg, how to use your erg to get better at another sport, or anything else about improving your abilities.
mudgeg
2k Poster

Re: Pete Plan Group - Startup Aug 20th thru 22nd

Post by mudgeg » December 31st, 2016, 1:12 pm

I have not given up on the BPP but, as I said a couple of weeks ago, I just knew that with Christmas in the way, I wasn't going to be able to dedicate 3 days a week let alone all 5 which I had done up until now. In fact I have also had a family bereavement as well, so time has been very limited. I have done a couple of 10k rows both at close to PB pace in the meantime.

Andy Street (@Street) also posted at about the same time saying he was taking a Christmas break (he was climbing I think he said), so both of us should be back early January.

Mike - in your previous post, were you talking about some of us possibly moving on to the PP instead of completing the BPP? I could do that but not at all sure whether I am ready for the full PP and I am not preparaing for a race. Right now, I think I might just about do sub 8 for 2k (my PB pace is 2:01.1 which was done on the second set of 3x2k so I was tired from the first). I'd like to think about doing some competition toward the end of 2017, more from the point of view of having something to aim for rather than any expectation of doing well. I'd also be at the younger end (by then) of my next age category.
Gordon, 67, 6', 205lbs

Street
1k Poster

Post by Street » December 31st, 2016, 3:21 pm

I'll be back on with the BPP next week hopefully. Good work to everyone who didn't slack off like myself and are still putting the times in!
I had the family up over Christmas and got hit with man flu so didn't get a chance to do anything last week. I'm currently up in the Lakes playing in the mountains for a few days, unfortunately with a distinct lack of snow though. I'm only on week 19 so another month or so to go for me. I'm off to Scotland (hopefully more snow) for a week at the start of Feb, so when I'm back I'll finish up the last weeks and switch over to the PP proper. I'm easy with what happens with the thread, I do think it's good having the BPP/PP/PP5K all in together though as it's fun seeing what everyone else is up to and it pushes me a bit harder with times to aim for!

Slacker
1k Poster

Post by Slacker » January 1st, 2017, 2:31 pm

That's a lot of 500's Paul. I didn't have to do as many and had more rest.....

BPP 17.2
8 x 500m 2min rest
@1:57.2 r26

I need to focus more on maintaining a steady pace during each interval. The overall average numbers are consistent but the graph of each one is highly inconsistent.
Ben
5' 11" 153 lbs

mdpfirrman
10k Poster

Post by mdpfirrman » January 1st, 2017, 3:20 pm

Nice work Ben / Paul! I'm going to start the new thread today so we can start welcoming in new people that want to try the BPP, the PP or the 5KPP. Please post your workouts in the new thread - Pete Plan - 2017

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=152344

Mike Pfirrman
53 Yrs old, 5' 10" / 185 lbs (177cm/84kg)