4 weeks for gain!! is it possible??

General discussion on Training. How to get better on your erg, how to use your erg to get better at another sport, or anything else about improving your abilities.
groovydude
Paddler

4 weeks for gain!! is it possible??

Post by groovydude » December 8th, 2006, 6:24 am

hi guys,

its christmas break..and iv got about 5 weeks to prepare for the 2nd part of our season.

atm, im 174 cm, and 63 kg. im in my 2nd 8, but hopefully aiming to get in the 1st 8 by the end of the training. Im pulling

7.18 2k
15.18 4k
23.40 6k

After the 4 weeks, i really want to be pulling in the 6.55-9's. I have dedicated my whole 4 weeks to training, and im prepared to do anything it takes. Does anyone have a weight or ergo training plan they can give to me that will give me immediate gains? im thinking of doing the Pete Plan(Wolverine seems for long-term improvement). SO yeh, can anyone suggest any suggestions?

Thankyou

PaulS
10k Poster

Re: 4 weeks for gain!! is it possible??

Post by PaulS » December 8th, 2006, 10:36 am

groovydude wrote:hi guys,

its christmas break..and iv got about 5 weeks to prepare for the 2nd part of our season.

atm, im 174 cm, and 63 kg. im in my 2nd 8, but hopefully aiming to get in the 1st 8 by the end of the training. Im pulling

7.18 2k
15.18 4k
23.40 6k

After the 4 weeks, i really want to be pulling in the 6.55-9's. I have dedicated my whole 4 weeks to training, and im prepared to do anything it takes. Does anyone have a weight or ergo training plan they can give to me that will give me immediate gains? im thinking of doing the Pete Plan(Wolverine seems for long-term improvement). SO yeh, can anyone suggest any suggestions?

Thankyou
How long have you worked to get to the 7:18 2k?
How old are you?
What did your coach recommend when you asked what it was going to take to get to the 1st 8?
What equipment do you have access to?

Of course you can make progress in 4 weeks, but cutting 20 seconds off your 2k, if there is not something completely wrong with your technique or race planning, is not realistic.
It would be fun to see what you can accomplish from an intense 4 week schedule, but blowing smoke up your bum wouldn't be a good way to start the process. B)
Erg on,
Paul Smith
www.ps-sport.net Your source for Useful Rowing Accessories and Training Assistance.
"If you don't want to know the answer, don't ask me the question."

Nosmo
10k Poster

Re: 4 weeks for gain!!

Post by Nosmo » December 8th, 2006, 2:38 pm

I would not worry about my 2K time and focus on my base. This is the begining of the season. Build up your endurance and strength. It will allow you to recover better and train harder all spring.