Display for avg/500m

General discussion on Training. How to get better on your erg, how to use your erg to get better at another sport, or anything else about improving your abilities.
hikeplusrow
2k Poster

Re: Display for avg/500m

Post by hikeplusrow » August 16th, 2024, 10:03 am

Dangerscouse wrote:
August 16th, 2024, 9:10 am
hikeplusrow wrote:
August 16th, 2024, 6:55 am
I guess I'm expecting a similar feeling to what I'd experience when pedaling, seated, up a steepish hill. The upper body is braced and still, and all the power is being directed through the quads. The feeling of that full engagement, that burning. Of course, the difference is that with cycling the legs are being used independently, and the action is performed more frequently.
Oh no, it's very rarely, if ever, anything even close to that ime. It's quite a subtle connection, but you just know that you're engaging the legs properly. If you do the alternating power that i suggested, you'll get something more like what you're referring to, but it's still no way near as bad.

I don't suffer much at all from lactic acid build up, unless it's a really intense effort, so my experience might be misleading.
I have to say that I do feel the legs more when I'm giving it serious yam, but your experience gives me a clearer idea of what I should expect. Cheers.