A Little Bit Of My Off-Beat Training

General discussion on Training. How to get better on your erg, how to use your erg to get better at another sport, or anything else about improving your abilities.
unclefester
Paddler

A Little Bit Of My Off-Beat Training

Post by unclefester » April 19th, 2017, 8:41 pm

Hello everyone...kinda' new around here...lurked for quite a while...

I've got a model B that I've had for close to 25 years now...bought it second hand...

I'm just turned 61...have lower back issues etc. etc. so my sprinting/racing/competition days are long long gone...

One thing I enjoy doing is placing my "Fat Gripz" on the wooden handle of my model B and row with them in place.

Fat Gripz are round hollow rubber circular exercise "handles" that are designed to give your forearms "extra" attention.

Normally they are used with dumbells or barbells to give a wider and therefore more "difficult" grip when lifting.

I use at the gym as well when lifting...

I row for fitness and weight control and using the grips on my B means a little extra effort with each stroke...

I'd like to get some feedback and your thoughts on this...my very personal training idea...

edinborogh
2k Poster

Re: A Little Bit Of My Off-Beat Training

Post by edinborogh » April 19th, 2017, 9:52 pm

unclefester wrote:
I've got a model B that I've had for close to 25 years now...bought it second hand...
thats super impressive. Model B, owned for 25 years, was bought as 2nd hand - Concept2 rocks!
and good luck for finding again your passion for rowing!

hjs
Marathon Poster

Re: A Little Bit Of My Off-Beat Training

Post by hjs » April 20th, 2017, 1:41 am

The grip in rowing should not be difficult, improving your grip can better be trained in an other way. So I would say don,t use a fat grip.