Forum Flyers

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.
User avatar
jackarabit
Marathon Poster
Posts: 5837
Joined: June 14th, 2014, 9:51 am

Re: Forum Flyers

Post by jackarabit » March 10th, 2024, 11:02 pm

Hey Susanne. You and Sheena P. had a spirited CTC rivalry going as I remember it. Welcome back.
There are two types of people in this world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

M_76_5'-7"_156lb
Image

AnnaRaeGreen
500m Poster
Posts: 95
Joined: September 6th, 2020, 5:34 pm

Re: Forum Flyers

Post by AnnaRaeGreen » March 15th, 2024, 4:07 pm

Swittenbrink wrote:
March 10th, 2024, 1:12 pm
It's been a minute, life had me throw any semblance of a schedule/routine out the window for a good while. I was just thinking about how I never hit the 2k goal I wanted, then I randomly log on to see the CTC is a 2k - it's a sign.
Good to see you back Suzanne!

A reminder to all that the "World Erg Challenge" starts today (or started yesterday for the AUS/NZ folks). Don't forget to sign up! Every m counts towards the Team.
Anna Rae Green
Medicine Hat, AB Canada
FHWT, Age 58

lindsayh
Half Marathon Poster
Posts: 3631
Joined: June 23rd, 2013, 3:32 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Forum Flyers

Post by lindsayh » April 1st, 2024, 3:06 am

did the challenge today
13x1'/1'R =>> 3529m @1:50.5
room for improvement I hope!

5 boats for March was pretty good
I am afraid that Terry is out for a while - medical challenges that are unresolved for now
Lindsay
72yo 93kg
Sydney Australia
Forum Flyer
PBs (65y+) 1 min 349m, 500m 1:29.8, 1k 3:11.7 2k 6:47.4, 5km 18:07.9, 30' 7928m, 10k 37:57.2, 60' 15368m

Al Hallberg
Paddler
Posts: 3
Joined: April 1st, 2024, 9:12 pm

Re: Forum Flyers

Post by Al Hallberg » April 2nd, 2024, 3:16 am

Luckily I've been doing 20 X 500m with 1 min rest although I've been training at 22/24 spm so another challenge that suited me but at a higher intensity and 29/30spm . Might do another one before end of the month

lindsayh
Half Marathon Poster
Posts: 3631
Joined: June 23rd, 2013, 3:32 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Forum Flyers

Post by lindsayh » April 3rd, 2024, 5:59 am

nice work Allan - gotta love the intervals but @1:43 is super good.
They are really great training I reckon.
Lindsay
72yo 93kg
Sydney Australia
Forum Flyer
PBs (65y+) 1 min 349m, 500m 1:29.8, 1k 3:11.7 2k 6:47.4, 5km 18:07.9, 30' 7928m, 10k 37:57.2, 60' 15368m

bassongirl
500m Poster
Posts: 57
Joined: April 23rd, 2023, 4:41 pm

Re: Forum Flyers

Post by bassongirl » April 3rd, 2024, 1:42 pm

Todays session of my 10k plan was a 20 x 1min/1min rest, but restricted to 20 spm. Therefore I registered the first 13 intervals: 3,118.0 @2:05.1.
Our first boat is floating. Surely I will repeat the challenge with unrestricted rate and 'only' 13 intervals to row.
lindsayh wrote:
April 1st, 2024, 3:06 am
I am afraid that Terry is out for a while - medical challenges that are unresolved for now
May he get well soon!
36yo, FHWT, 1,75m, First erg March 2023
@juliaf_rowing

lindsayh
Half Marathon Poster
Posts: 3631
Joined: June 23rd, 2013, 3:32 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Forum Flyerson his 89th

Post by lindsayh » April 4th, 2024, 7:13 am

bassongirl wrote:
April 3rd, 2024, 1:42 pm
Todays session of my 10k plan was a 20 x 1min/1min rest, but restricted to 20 spm. Therefore I registered the first 13 intervals: 3,118.0 @2:05.1.
Our first boat is floating. Surely I will repeat the challenge with unrestricted rate and 'only' 13 intervals to row.
lindsayh wrote:
April 1st, 2024, 3:06 am
I am afraid that Terry is out for a while - medical challenges that are unresolved for now
May he get well soon!
that is a nice session for the intervals - next one will be way faster. I did them a lot when training hard and I reckon really useful.
Terry has gone from preparing to set WRs after his June 80th in January to having 4L of fluid aspirated from his chest on Tuesday. Still not clear as to a diagnosis but his fitness is going to help a lot. Bit of a worry though.
Lindsay
72yo 93kg
Sydney Australia
Forum Flyer
PBs (65y+) 1 min 349m, 500m 1:29.8, 1k 3:11.7 2k 6:47.4, 5km 18:07.9, 30' 7928m, 10k 37:57.2, 60' 15368m

debinapril
Paddler
Posts: 39
Joined: October 19th, 2014, 6:27 am

Re: Forum Flyers

Post by debinapril » April 6th, 2024, 6:16 am

Hi All,
Just thought I’d say a quick hello. Back rowing after a hip replacement op just over a year ago. I tried a 2K last month for the March CTC on zero training hoping to get somewhere near 9mins and I just squeezed under. :D Felt really good until I realised that I used to do HM at the same pace! Old times eh! Best to forget and just work from here. Anyway did the April CTC this morning and floated the second boat.I hope to be more of a regular. Good to see some old faces still around :D
Debbie.
F Hwt 65yrs 5ft 9in 2K - 7.41 (Nov 2011)
16.5 Million Metres rowed OTE :-)
Forum Flyers

bassongirl
500m Poster
Posts: 57
Joined: April 23rd, 2023, 4:41 pm

Re: Forum Flyerson his 89th

Post by bassongirl » April 6th, 2024, 10:34 am

lindsayh wrote:
April 4th, 2024, 7:13 am
Terry has gone from preparing to set WRs after his June 80th in January to having 4L of fluid aspirated from his chest on Tuesday. Still not clear as to a diagnosis but his fitness is going to help a lot. Bit of a worry though.
Oh no, I hope it is something benign. I'll keep my fingers crossed. And yes, his fitness is going to help!
36yo, FHWT, 1,75m, First erg March 2023
@juliaf_rowing

AnnaRaeGreen
500m Poster
Posts: 95
Joined: September 6th, 2020, 5:34 pm

Re: Forum Flyerson his 89th

Post by AnnaRaeGreen » April 6th, 2024, 11:36 am

bassongirl wrote:
April 6th, 2024, 10:34 am
lindsayh wrote:
April 4th, 2024, 7:13 am
Terry has gone from preparing to set WRs after his June 80th in January to having 4L of fluid aspirated from his chest on Tuesday. Still not clear as to a diagnosis but his fitness is going to help a lot. Bit of a worry though.
Oh no, I hope it is something benign. I'll keep my fingers crossed. And yes, his fitness is going to help!
Echo Julia's comments. Keeping my fingers crossed for Terry as well
debinapril wrote:
April 6th, 2024, 6:16 am
Hi All,
Just thought I’d say a quick hello. Back rowing after a hip replacement op just over a year ago. I tried a 2K last month for the March CTC on zero training hoping to get somewhere near 9mins and I just squeezed under. :D Felt really good until I realised that I used to do HM at the same pace! Old times eh! Best to forget and just work from here. Anyway did the April CTC this morning and floated the second boat.I hope to be more of a regular. Good to see some old faces still around :D
Debbie.
And welcome back to Debbie (and her new hip :-))

Anna Rae
Anna Rae Green
Medicine Hat, AB Canada
FHWT, Age 58

debinapril
Paddler
Posts: 39
Joined: October 19th, 2014, 6:27 am

Re: Forum Flyers

Post by debinapril » April 7th, 2024, 10:50 am

AnnaRaeGreen wrote:
April 6th, 2024, 11:36 am

And welcome back to Debbie (and her new hip :-))

Anna Rae
Thank you Anna, pleased to be back and hopefully I will get a few metres under my belt. Too late for this season but I would like to think I can get a decent amount in from May onwards.

Good that there are 3 boats now afloat! :D
F Hwt 65yrs 5ft 9in 2K - 7.41 (Nov 2011)
16.5 Million Metres rowed OTE :-)
Forum Flyers

User avatar
jackarabit
Marathon Poster
Posts: 5837
Joined: June 14th, 2014, 9:51 am

Re: Forum Flyers

Post by jackarabit » April 14th, 2024, 1:02 pm

Debbie showing up in APRIL? Great timing! Wish I could do 9’ 2k!

Thoughts on Mr. Baucom. Master of the Nonathlon, age-defying evergreen!
There are two types of people in this world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

M_76_5'-7"_156lb
Image

Al Hallberg
Paddler
Posts: 3
Joined: April 1st, 2024, 9:12 pm

Re: Forum Flyers

Post by Al Hallberg » April 16th, 2024, 3:03 am

Another challenge done. Started out with a 298, 297, 296 295 by the time I got to number 8 I thought I'd gone out too hard and managed the final 3 at 293 with a final total 3837m. Turned out to be a real lung buster and don't want to do it again. Lindsay hopefully Jack on the mend

Cheers
Allan

Al Hallberg
Paddler
Posts: 3
Joined: April 1st, 2024, 9:12 pm

Re: Forum Flyers

Post by Al Hallberg » April 16th, 2024, 3:07 pm

Al Hallberg wrote:
April 16th, 2024, 3:03 am
Another challenge done. Started out with a 298, 297, 296 295 by the time I got to number 8 I thought I'd gone out too hard and managed the final 3 at 293 with a final total 3837m. Turned out to be a real lung buster and don't want to do it again. Lindsay hopefully Terry on the mend

Cheers
Allan

debinapril
Paddler
Posts: 39
Joined: October 19th, 2014, 6:27 am

Re: Forum Flyers

Post by debinapril » April 17th, 2024, 3:18 am

jackarabit wrote:
April 14th, 2024, 1:02 pm
Debbie showing up in APRIL? Great timing! Wish I could do 9’ 2k!

Thoughts on Mr. Baucom. Master of the Nonathlon, age-defying evergreen!
Better late than never eh?! :D I used to avoid 2Ks like the plague but in truth I think this month is harder. Halfway through and I thought when will it end!
By the by, I just had a look at the new site and I think we should be showing a 4th boat but I couldn’t see it?

I’m not sure I could manage a second go but we’ll see.

Cheers All :D
F Hwt 65yrs 5ft 9in 2K - 7.41 (Nov 2011)
16.5 Million Metres rowed OTE :-)
Forum Flyers

Post Reply