Forum Flyers

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.
Jmurray81
Paddler
Posts: 3
Joined: May 6th, 2021, 2:20 pm

Re: Forum Flyers

Post by Jmurray81 » May 6th, 2021, 3:21 pm

Hey everyone.... I'm a newbie... was looking for a team and an affiliation.. and i decided on you guys. Hope that's okay. I'm not 100% how this forum works, I downloaded you new user guide and have been following that. I cannot find the Facebook group... can someone tell me what is officially called? The link won't launch from my download. Thankb you!

DavidA
10k Poster
Posts: 1176
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 4:35 pm
Location: Amberley Village, OH
Contact:

Re: Forum Flyers

Post by DavidA » May 6th, 2021, 4:13 pm

Yankeerunner wrote:
May 6th, 2021, 9:36 am
Lightweight Rocks.
pumice
60 y / 70 kg / 172 cm / 5 kids / 13 grandkids :)
Received my model C erg 18-Dec-1994
my log

skkipper
500m Poster
Posts: 73
Joined: April 8th, 2019, 3:02 am

Re: Forum Flyers

Post by skkipper » May 6th, 2021, 10:14 pm

Jmurray81 wrote:
May 6th, 2021, 3:21 pm
Hey everyone.... I'm a newbie... was looking for a team and an affiliation.. and i decided on you guys. Hope that's okay. I'm not 100% how this forum works, I downloaded you new user guide and have been following that. I cannot find the Facebook group... can someone tell me what is officially called? The link won't launch from my download. Thankb you!
Welcome!!
Here is the link to the Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/140256237432
From what I have seen since September, I think everyone is far more active here on the forum than on Facebook, but there are a few posts every now and then. -Sheena

Marcvo17
Paddler
Posts: 31
Joined: June 8th, 2020, 10:03 pm

Re: Forum Flyers

Post by Marcvo17 » May 7th, 2021, 12:13 am

Welcome to the team, Jmurray!

When I have questions (I have been a team member for about 1 year and was a newbie), I post them to this forum…the team has a lot of helpful and experienced members to draw expertise from. Also helpful to look back at the many posts from the past. The team seems to really rally around the Concept 2 Team Challenges and the monthly CTC Challenge….definitely participate, as we have all skill levels and participation adds to the richness of the team.

—Marc

debinapril
Paddler
Posts: 34
Joined: October 19th, 2014, 6:27 am

Re: Forum Flyers

Post by debinapril » May 7th, 2021, 3:05 am

Welcome JMurray :D

Wow there are some cracking times/results on this month’s CTC. I must admit I haven’t rushed to try it yet. Short but painful!

I was impressed to see Chris’ list and that I have completed 103 CTCs :lol: Good to see you’re keeping tabs on us Chris.

Debbie
F Hwt 63 yrs 5ft 9in 2K - 7.41 (Nov 2011)
15+ Million Metres rowed OTE :-)
Forum Flyers

debinapril
Paddler
Posts: 34
Joined: October 19th, 2014, 6:27 am

Re: Forum Flyers

Post by debinapril » May 7th, 2021, 3:07 am

neil262 wrote:
May 6th, 2021, 4:41 am
Celebrated a year on the erg last Tuesday. Had a weigh in to see how much I've lost in that time, and I'm now officially a lightweight! Lost approximately 10kg!
Congratulations! Not jealous, really I’m not :wink:
F Hwt 63 yrs 5ft 9in 2K - 7.41 (Nov 2011)
15+ Million Metres rowed OTE :-)
Forum Flyers

meerkats
1k Poster
Posts: 149
Joined: December 20th, 2007, 5:19 am

Re: Forum Flyers

Post by meerkats » May 7th, 2021, 8:13 am

debinapril wrote:
May 7th, 2021, 3:05 am
Welcome JMurray :D

Wow there are some cracking times/results on this month’s CTC. I must admit I haven’t rushed to try it yet. Short but painful!

I was impressed to see Chris’ list and that I have completed 103 CTCs :lol: Good to see you’re keeping tabs on us Chris.

Debbie
I'm stalking you all!! :D Good to see you still rowing, seems along time since meeting at the BIRC!

Steff
Paddler
Posts: 43
Joined: July 14th, 2020, 8:14 am

Re: Forum Flyers

Post by Steff » May 7th, 2021, 8:46 am

meerkats wrote:
May 7th, 2021, 8:13 am
debinapril wrote:
May 7th, 2021, 3:05 am
Welcome JMurray :D

Wow there are some cracking times/results on this month’s CTC. I must admit I haven’t rushed to try it yet. Short but painful!

I was impressed to see Chris’ list and that I have completed 103 CTCs :lol: Good to see you’re keeping tabs on us Chris.

Debbie
I'm stalking you all!! :D Good to see you still rowing, seems along time since meeting at the BIRC!
Well done Deb :D and Chris :roll: actually greatly appreciate both your efforts.
Statistics don't lie, I've been erging for 12 years, and I can say with alacrity that the FFs are a great team.
The good news for newcomers is that you only have to do the CTC for a year or so to make it into the top 100 all-comers, but to get to the top 10 it is a near lifetime commitment :wink: and a good one at that.
Stephen, 58yo, 1.85m, 95kg
Bribie Island Australia
Forum Flyer

jsarche
500m Poster
Posts: 87
Joined: April 28th, 2020, 10:34 am
Location: Denver, Colo.

Re: Forum Flyers

Post by jsarche » May 7th, 2021, 8:58 am

debinapril wrote:
May 7th, 2021, 3:05 am

Wow there are some cracking times/results on this month’s CTC. I must admit I haven’t rushed to try it yet. Short but painful!
Agreed! I'm still a little too demoralized by seeing all my 2020/21 ranked workouts disappear to row this month's CTC yet...
52 yo HWTM; 5'10": 500=1:36.1; 1k=3:25.3; 2k=7:07; 5k=18:48.0; 6K=22:49.3; 10k=39:15.5; HM=1:33:37.5

wolfrich
Paddler
Posts: 24
Joined: January 15th, 2021, 9:39 am
Location: Bend, Oregon

Re: Forum Flyers

Post by wolfrich » May 7th, 2021, 11:03 am

DavidA wrote:
May 6th, 2021, 4:13 pm
Yankeerunner wrote:
May 6th, 2021, 9:36 am
Lightweight Rocks.
pumice
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rich, 6' 2", 182lbs
2021 bests (age 61) 1':314m, 500 1:39.2, 1k: 3:36.2, 2k: 7:39.7, 6k: 23:53.1, 1hr:14,488m HM: 1:35:43.3--many rest breaks :D

User avatar
Yankeerunner
10k Poster
Posts: 1017
Joined: March 16th, 2006, 12:17 pm
Location: West Newbury, MA
Contact:

Re: Forum Flyers

Post by Yankeerunner » May 7th, 2021, 1:47 pm

DavidA wrote:
May 6th, 2021, 4:13 pm
Yankeerunner wrote:
May 6th, 2021, 9:36 am
Lightweight Rocks.
pumice
:mrgreen:

Swittenbrink
500m Poster
Posts: 64
Joined: July 20th, 2020, 9:04 pm
Location: Parker, CO

Re: Forum Flyers

Post by Swittenbrink » May 8th, 2021, 12:19 pm

jsarche wrote:
May 7th, 2021, 8:58 am

Agreed! I'm still a little too demoralized by seeing all my 2020/21 ranked workouts disappear to row this month's CTC yet...
Same! All the hard work last season...poof gone! Gotta do it all over again 🤣
32, F, 5'8", 139lbs
PB: 1min 289m, 500m 1:46.7, 1km 4:04.9, 4min 1010m, 2km 8:25.8, 5km 21:39.9, 6km 26:08.5, 30min 6801m, 10km 48:05.5, HM 1:36:21.3, FM 3:20:54.9

skkipper
500m Poster
Posts: 73
Joined: April 8th, 2019, 3:02 am

Re: Forum Flyers

Post by skkipper » May 8th, 2021, 3:48 pm

Swittenbrink wrote:
May 8th, 2021, 12:19 pm
jsarche wrote:
May 7th, 2021, 8:58 am

Agreed! I'm still a little too demoralized by seeing all my 2020/21 ranked workouts disappear to row this month's CTC yet...
Same! All the hard work last season...poof gone! Gotta do it all over again 🤣
I agree 😱 Everything looks so... empty. Need to find a little motivation somewhere.

AnnaRaeGreen
Paddler
Posts: 31
Joined: September 6th, 2020, 5:34 pm

Re: Forum Flyers

Post by AnnaRaeGreen » May 8th, 2021, 10:08 pm

jackarabit wrote:
May 5th, 2021, 12:57 pm
Mismatch ordinal placement to months rowed. Prolly typo.
Image
Jack: - I think you are right about the typo. I am sure my first CTC was September and I have done one every month since. I did the one for May on 1st of May. So if you include May's, that is 9 months. Good thing it was less than 10 so I could still count on my fingers :lol:
Anna Rae Green
Medicine Hat, AB Canada
FHWT, Age 55

User avatar
jackarabit
Marathon Poster
Posts: 5472
Joined: June 14th, 2014, 9:51 am

Re: Forum Flyers

Post by jackarabit » May 9th, 2021, 11:16 am

@ Anna Rae: including the 1 day Carole McNally memorial row, looks like nine, or ten at the end of this month. Perfect attendance.
There are two types of people in this world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

M_73_5'-7"_156lb
Image

Post Reply