LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.

Can this one team row to the moon and back?

Poll ended at May 17th, 2008, 12:28 pm

I think we can do it together. I'm all in!
85%
No way! You all are wacko!
15%

Total votes: 54

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Post by bg » February 6th, 2010, 2:28 pm

wooo hooo...congrats bazzy.....

btw, making the film was a lot of fun.....and somerville did have a reputation as a very tough area...

oh and the challenge does sound interesting...i did be doing it on monday so please feel free to do the math and let me know how many meters i would need to row....

just27
10k Poster

Re: a challenge from Timbuktoo

Post by just27 » February 6th, 2010, 3:01 pm

brotherjim wrote:Hi Luna-tics,
I am challenging my team and yours if you want to join in. It is a Super Bowl challenge. I was thinking rowing 200 meters for every point scored in the game (combined) You could row during the game or Monday. It may be a high scoring game so I am suggesting 200 meters. If the total points are 40 that would be 8000. Sorry, duh, I am used to talking to kids.
Jim
Fun! Yet another challenge! I'll see your 200 meters per point scored and raise you a HM. My husband was born and raised in New Orleans, so he might be inclined to up his daily meters quota on behalf of those Saints.

just27
10k Poster

Congrats and Hats

Post by just27 » February 6th, 2010, 3:20 pm

bg wrote:wooo hooo...congrats bazzy.....

btw, making the film was a lot of fun.....and somerville did have a reputation as a very tough area...
Congrats, Bazzy!

Barbara ... I have some audio challenges on my home computer and definitely missed some of the finer points of your movie (!!) ... are you the secretary person in the white knit hat?

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Re: Congrats and Hats

Post by bg » February 6th, 2010, 3:29 pm

just27 wrote:
bg wrote:wooo hooo...congrats bazzy.....

Congrats, Bazzy!

Barbara ... I have some audio challenges on my home computer and definitely missed some of the finer points of your movie (!!) ... are you the secretary person in the white knit hat?
no...i'm the person being chased through the park....

brotherjim
10k Poster

Post by brotherjim » February 6th, 2010, 4:08 pm

Fun! Yet another challenge! I'll see your 200 meters per point scored and raise you a HM. My husband was born and raised in New Orleans, so he might be inclined to up his daily meters quota on behalf of those Saints.[/quote]

A hundred more meters per point? I agree to that.
Jim :P

BAZzy
6k Poster

Re: Bazzy's a 3 MM meter rower!

Post by BAZzy » February 6th, 2010, 7:20 pm

Kona2 wrote:Image All was quiet in Sydney.....and then....

Image Transformation!

Woohoo! Congratulations, Bazzy, on achieving a THREE million meter season! We wish you many, many more!
Thanks you'all......it was a very wet day in Syd-a-ney yesterday (and today) no sports...just left rowing! :)
"Those who don't think it can be done shouldn't bother the person doing it..."
www.thelandy.com

DuluthMoose
5k Poster

Congrats

Post by DuluthMoose » February 6th, 2010, 7:28 pm

BAZzy - Congratulations on Rowing 3 Million Meters for this Season!

BG - Rough crowd you hang out with there! Maybe we can use those guys next time Texas Rowing Club tries to sneak up us in a challenge.

Sorry BrotherJim - My heart just isn't in the Super Bowl this year for some reason.

No rowing this morning (or today). I volunteered to be a judge at the Regional Science Fair and had to show up for work at 7:30AM. As usual, I
thoroughly enjoyed it and was home by 1:30PM and out skiing by 3PM.

Dave_H
2k Poster

Re: Bazzy's a 3 MM meter rower!

Post by Dave_H » February 7th, 2010, 2:57 am

Kona2 wrote:Image All was quiet in Sydney.....and then....

Image Transformation!

Woohoo! Congratulations, Bazzy, on achieving a THREE million meter season! We wish you many, many more!
Nice one BAZz!! B) B)

Kona2
Marathon Poster

All In A Day's ERG: Team Progress Thru 2.06.10

Post by Kona2 » February 7th, 2010, 10:08 am

It was a MAYDAY, MAYDAY...computer down moment...one that will last until Tuesday for that laptop. I was perusing photobucket for some newfangled graphics, and a lurker shutdown my anti-virus software. One only hopes that the virus generators will reap their just rewards ...somewhere, somehow. So, the bottom line is that I can't give the daily stats easily until Wednesday (at best)...computer with the current excel files is in hospital getting de-loused.

Season meters as of 282/365 = 90,456,837 MM

Total meters on the day = 206,242 m

MILESTONES....Bragging Rights....Celebrations:

4.7 MM Will S
500K Tony

PJM
Half Marathon Poster

Re: All In A Day's ERG: Team Progress Thru 2.06.10

Post by PJM » February 7th, 2010, 12:34 pm

Kona2 wrote:It was a MAYDAY, MAYDAY...computer down moment...one that will last until Tuesday for that laptop. I was perusing photobucket for some newfangled graphics, and a lurker shutdown my anti-virus software. One only hopes that the virus generators will reap their just rewards ...somewhere, somehow. So, the bottom line is that I can't give the daily stats easily until Wednesday (at best)...computer with the current excel files is in hospital getting de-loused.

Season meters as of 282/365 = 90,456,837 MM

Total meters on the day = 206,242 m

4.7 MM Will S
500K Tony
I feel your pain K2.. :(
I just got back "up & running".That creepy virus has been attacking on many sites.FB was the culprit with my computer..I am almost sure of it.I rarely go to Photobucket anymore .
I didn't spend the money to get my computer fixed..it was WAY too gone-zo. :lol:
Hope you get your computer back real soon.

Pat

B)
[img]http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k195/lockaroundmyheart/Not%20Real%20Pictures/Animations/diddle-1.gif[/img]

just27
10k Poster

Post by just27 » February 8th, 2010, 2:01 am

just27 wrote: Fun! Yet another challenge! I'll see your 200 meters per point scored and raise you a HM. My husband was born and raised in New Orleans, so he might be inclined to up his daily meters quota on behalf of those Saints.
brotherjim wrote: A hundred more meters per point? I agree to that.
Yikes ... 9600 extra meters was quite daunting! I'll sleep well tonight. AJ is finishing up his BrotherJim superbowl challenge meters, even as we speak.

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Post by bg » February 8th, 2010, 6:11 am

just27 wrote:
just27 wrote: Fun! Yet another challenge! I'll see your 200 meters per point scored and raise you a HM. My husband was born and raised in New Orleans, so he might be inclined to up his daily meters quota on behalf of those Saints.
brotherjim wrote: A hundred more meters per point? I agree to that.
Yikes ... 9600 extra meters was quite daunting! I'll sleep well tonight. AJ is finishing up his BrotherJim superbowl challenge meters, even as we speak.
hmmmm...what have i gotten myself into....soooo...i need to do a half mary and 9600 extra meters????

brotherjim
10k Poster

Post by brotherjim » February 8th, 2010, 10:37 am

Why did the Saints have to score that that last touchdown???? I just did my 9600 meters, going to have to wait till this afternoon for my regular row. Thanks for participating
Jim

Kona2
Marathon Poster

All In A Day's ERG: Team Progress Thru 2.08.10

Post by Kona2 » February 8th, 2010, 12:56 pm

Keep an eye to the sky for the Space Shuttle Endeavor today!

Crew emerges from the Space Sports Bar realizing that they have to cowboy up for a challenge issued by brotherjim of Timbuk2. About that Super Bowl Challenge.....I keep getting 9300 m when I multiply 300 x 31 points. Maybe I missed something? There's a half marathon thrown in by Queen Minnie, and it sounds like Energizer Bunny Barbara is going to match that.
Computer with Excel file is still in the shop, but I've captured the numbers for later entry.

Season meters as of 283/365 = 90,708,276 m

Total meters on the day = 251,439 m

Oars in space (participation) = 20 percent

4.7 MM Chris
1.6 MM Peter G
500K Karyn
And Tiki Man is on his way to his first million with less than 12K to go!

Thanks to everyone who rowed today's meters - they are all stellar!

What a great day to head for 91 million meters! Good rowing, everyone!

acrewer
2k Poster

Post by acrewer » February 8th, 2010, 2:38 pm

Jan - I think it's 31 +17 = 48 * 200 = 9600.

In any case it's all good! Didn't get a chance to row yesterday, but will put in some meters tonite. Post for today does include last Friday (8287)

Gina