LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.

Can this one team row to the moon and back?

Poll ended at May 17th, 2008, 12:28 pm

I think we can do it together. I'm all in!
85%
No way! You all are wacko!
15%

Total votes: 54

Toothdoc
10k Poster

Red giant

Post by Toothdoc » March 23rd, 2009, 11:02 am

Will S,

Congrats on 7 Mill. Keep it up and you can make 8 before May 1st. A Red Giant EH!

What are we going to call it when one of these Lunatics does a 100K. I looking right at you Wild Bill, I know you got it in you. Nice sprint this week-end to Ronstadt me while I was off my feet with a mind case of sun poisoning. You'd think living in Florida I would know about that stuff and take precautions! DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice job by all!

dc

William H
2k Poster

Re: Red giant

Post by William H » March 23rd, 2009, 11:25 am

Toothdoc wrote:Will S,

Congrats on 7 Mill. Keep it up and you can make 8 before May 1st. A Red Giant EH!

What are we going to call it when one of these Lunatics does a 100K. I looking right at you Wild Bill, I know you got it in you. Nice sprint this week-end to Ronstadt me while I was off my feet with a mind case of sun poisoning. You'd think living in Florida I would know about that stuff and take precautions! DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice job by all!

dc
I second the congrats to Will S! Way to manage the subjectives - thank you for your service, sir!

100k? :shock: Well ... I wouldn't rule it out ...

Right now I'm just focusing on reaching 5MM this season - the first season I've ever rowed over 1MM. Rest assured that my pace starting next season will be a bit more reserved.

Sorry to hear about the sun poisoning, dc. I live in the desert and NEVER go outdoors without a hat (at least). Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

just27
10k Poster

Re: Folding

Post by just27 » March 23rd, 2009, 11:54 am

Dave_H wrote:
just27 wrote: I don't think you three guys in Team Oz live far apart ... do you know each other? Chris T
Sure, you know Sydney is such a small place - I was just clearing the Kangaroos out of the front yard last weekend when who should jog past but Bazza (no doubt on his way to Angelo's to chuck another shrimp on the barbie...)! :wink: :lol: :wink:
Hah, right! So, you want that I organize the barbie for y'all? I'll need to know who's grilling, so I can set up the carpools. Any vegetarians or wheat intolerant? (I've eaten kangaroo, so let's keep that off the menu.)

Chris T

DuluthMoose
5k Poster

Congrats!

Post by DuluthMoose » March 23rd, 2009, 1:38 pm

Congratulation Will S on 7 MM for the Season! Incredible!

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Re: Red giant

Post by bg » March 23rd, 2009, 2:54 pm

Toothdoc wrote:Will S,

Nice job by all!

dc
[color=orange]ouch on the sun poisoning.....conrats will....[/color]

just27
10k Poster

Re: Congrats!

Post by just27 » March 23rd, 2009, 3:52 pm

DuluthMoose wrote:Congratulation Will S on 7 MM for the Season! Incredible!
Add my congrats to the list for your 7MM season, Will S. Stay safe, wherever you're going.

Dan ... here's a little something for you:

Toothdoc
10k Poster

Re: Congrats!

Post by Toothdoc » March 23rd, 2009, 4:51 pm

just27 wrote:
DuluthMoose wrote:Congratulation Will S on 7 MM for the Season! Incredible!
Add my congrats to the list for your 7MM season, Will S. Stay safe, wherever you're going.

Dan ... here's a little something for you:
Just27,

Thanks could've used that Saturday.

dc

BAZzy
6k Poster

Post by BAZzy » March 23rd, 2009, 5:27 pm

just27 wrote:
Dave_H wrote:
just27 wrote: I don't think you three guys in Team Oz live far apart ... do you know each other? Chris T
Sure, you know Sydney is such a small place - I was just clearing the Kangaroos out of the front yard last weekend when who should jog past but Bazza (no doubt on his way to Angelo's to chuck another shrimp on the barbie...)! :wink: :lol: :wink:
Hah, right! So, you want that I organize the barbie for y'all? I'll need to know who's grilling, so I can set up the carpools. Any vegetarians or wheat intolerant? (I've eaten kangaroo, so let's keep that off the menu.)

Chris T
Hey Chris....eating a bit of kangaroo certainly puts a hop in your step....Baz
"Those who don't think it can be done shouldn't bother the person doing it..."
www.thelandy.com

Kristine Strasburger
10k Poster

Post by Kristine Strasburger » March 23rd, 2009, 6:10 pm

So what would kangaroo be equivalent to eating in America? Any guesses? Don't tell me it tasted like chicken!
☆~Kristine~☆

just27
10k Poster

Skippy

Post by just27 » March 23rd, 2009, 6:25 pm

Kristine Strasburger wrote:So what would kangaroo be equivalent to eating in America? Any guesses? Don't tell me it tasted like chicken!
I think Skippy was roadkill (the bus hit one on the way to Alice), but it definitely wasn't like chicken. More like a cross between venison and liver ... or a really gamey rabbit. But, it's been a while. I might be misremembering ...

BAZzy
6k Poster

Re: Skippy

Post by BAZzy » March 23rd, 2009, 6:45 pm

just27 wrote:
Kristine Strasburger wrote:So what would kangaroo be equivalent to eating in America? Any guesses? Don't tell me it tasted like chicken!
I think Skippy was roadkill (the bus hit one on the way to Alice), but it definitely wasn't like chicken. More like a cross between venison and liver ... or a really gamey rabbit. But, it's been a while. I might be misremembering ...
Dark meat, very lean and actually quite good for you with only around 2% fat content. Gamey meat like venison.....

Now I see the North Texas team continue to power on....what are you feeding them?
Baz
"Those who don't think it can be done shouldn't bother the person doing it..."
www.thelandy.com

kgallagher
2k Poster

Post by kgallagher » March 23rd, 2009, 7:35 pm

" I live in the desert and NEVER go outdoors without a hat (at least).... "

Hmmm! I'm having visions of William H. doing a bit of cross-training outdoors in the land down under with only a hat on. Should I ask where the hat is worn? :oops: :wink:

"Hah, right! So, you want that I organize the barbie for y'all? I'll need to know who's grilling, so I can set up the carpools. Any vegetarians or wheat intolerant? (I've eaten kangaroo, so let's keep that off the menu.)" Chris T

You have one vegetarian here. Some nice grilled veggies for me please! I'll bring some Smithwicks!

Karyn

William H
2k Poster

Post by William H » March 23rd, 2009, 8:02 pm

kgallagher wrote:" I live in the desert and NEVER go outdoors without a hat (at least).... "

Hmmm! I'm having visions of William H. doing a bit of cross-training outdoors in the land down under with only a hat on. Should I ask where the hat is worn? :oops: :wink:
I spent my New Year's holiday in Sydney one year many years ago - one of the greatest times of my life which I will never forget.

Some training was done while I was there, but whether my hat stayed on the whole time ... :oops:

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Post by bg » March 23rd, 2009, 9:27 pm

kgallagher wrote:" I live in the desert and NEVER go outdoors without a hat (at least).... "

"Hah, right! So, you want that I organize the barbie for y'all? I'll need to know who's grilling, so I can set up the carpools. Any vegetarians or wheat intolerant? (I've eaten kangaroo, so let's keep that off the menu.)" Chris T

You have one vegetarian here. Some nice grilled veggies for me please! I'll bring some Smithwicks!

Karyn

i'm also a vegetarian...i'll bring some sour dough bread.....

William H
2k Poster

Red Giant #2?

Post by William H » March 23rd, 2009, 9:48 pm

Always anxious to rise to a new challenge ... I rowed 50K today. :D

I did not do it in one stint, however :(

Does this still qualify me for a

Red Giant

(Red Giant: a star which expands to 50 times its size ... "50!")

? :P

Special thanks to Will S for providing the motivation for this one :!: