LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.

Can this one team row to the moon and back?

Poll ended at May 17th, 2008, 12:28 pm

I think we can do it together. I'm all in!
85%
No way! You all are wacko!
15%

Total votes: 54

Kona2
Marathon Poster

All In A Day's ERG: Team Progress Thru 3.13.09

Post by Kona2 » March 14th, 2009, 2:47 pm

ImageMarch Madness Challenge continues....and the Luna-Tics crew is hanging in there! We still have 24 on the 5K and above progress board, and 14 on the 10K and above progress board. These numbers change as we get new team members, and as individuals update their logbooks.

Season meters as of 317/365 = 67,704,726 m

Total meters on the day = 940,861 m (again with some significant input from new team members)

Oars in space = 23 percent

MILESTONES....Bragging Rights....Celebrations:

1.8 MM Dave H
1.6 MM Tim P
1.5 MM Barry (Baz)
1.0 MM Jan

Image Half Marathon (Half Moon) #105 on the year - Dan

TWO Million Meter Watch:

Ted with (71,195 m) to go!

Rodrigo with (98,175 m) to go!

ONE Million Meter Watch:

Karyn with (15,085 m) to go!

Gina with (57,000 m) to go! Image Get well soon!

Tom with (97,500 m) to go! Image Get well soon!

And thanks to today's lunar crew:

Mike M 717,403 m
William H 30,000 m
Will S 28,106 m
Tim P 21,562 m (Half marathon?)
Dan 21,097 m
Dave 16,706 m
Jan 15,000 m
Barry 10,801 m
Kristine 10,640 m
Chris T 10,000 m
Steven 10,000 m
Mike C 10,000 m
Chris H 9,410 m
AJ 9,061 m Image
Chris S 7,676 m
Mary 5,054 m
Jeff 5,012 m
Tony ImageImageImageImage

Dave_H
2k Poster

Post by Dave_H » March 15th, 2009, 2:51 am

OK...

Welcome to the new team members:
David A (40mill??? :shock: :shock: B) ); Chris S; Mitch; Chris H; Michael M - and fellow Aussie Barry (aka Baz)!! B)
Baz that photo you had on the team page at night looked suspisciously like it could have been during the Hawkesbury Canoe Classic?
Happy birthday also to Pat B; however most of all...
B) Congratulations to the tireless Millionairess Kona2!!! B)

Cheers,
Dave

just27
10k Poster

3 hours ...

Post by just27 » March 15th, 2009, 3:18 am

Dave_H wrote:OK... Welcome to the new team members:
David A (40mill??? :shock: :shock: B) ); Chris S; Mitch; Chris H; Michael M - and fellow Aussie Barry (aka Baz)!! B) Happy birthday also to Pat B; however most of all... B) Congratulations to the tireless Millionairess Kona2!!! B) Cheers, Dave
Good morning, Oz! Nice HM to start the WRC, Dave; and BaZz too ... saw your meters post. I got home late and, being a tad OCD, decided to see if the 3 hours difference between US east and west coast is counted ... I rowed 2K at 11pm (Saturday) and it hasn't posted to the WRC (past midnight now) ... if I have to stop rowing at 9PM on April 15 ... shouldn't I start at 9PM on March 14 ... more importantly, why do I care, and why am I still up!

Edit: It's 12:20am ... this posted time says 11:20pm ... I hate daylight savings time!

BAZzy
6k Poster

Post by BAZzy » March 15th, 2009, 4:03 am

Dave_H wrote:OK...

Baz that photo you had on the team page at night looked suspisciously like it could have been during the Hawkesbury Canoe Classic?

Cheers,
Dave
Hi Dave..yes it was the Hawkesbury Classic..did it in 2005 & 2006, but missed the last couple of years as I have concentrated on shorter distances. Great paddle though and giving some thought to this year...but having done it solo a couple of times I'd prefer to do it on a double ski...so I can share the pain around!

Good luck with the rowing.
"Those who don't think it can be done shouldn't bother the person doing it..."
www.thelandy.com

Dave_H
2k Poster

Post by Dave_H » March 15th, 2009, 8:33 am

BAZzy wrote:

Cheers,
Dave
Hi Dave..yes it was the Hawkesbury Classic..did it in 2005 & 2006, but missed the last couple of years as I have concentrated on shorter distances. Great paddle though and giving some thought to this year...but having done it solo a couple of times I'd prefer to do it on a double ski...so I can share the pain around!

Good luck with the rowing.
Thanks Baz,

I've only done land-crew for a friend ('04, '05 & '06 ), and all three times she got to Wisemans (around halfway for those unfamiliar with Sydney...) at around 2:30am and gave it away.Once the tide is against you it must be hell!
For those interested, the Classicis a 111km :shock: paddle on the tidal Hawkesbury river that starts at Windsor around 4pm on a Saturday afternoon (depending on your class), and goes all night (or at least as long as it takes you!). Makes doing a full marathon on the erg seem like a warmup!

Hey Chris, I finished my HM at around 5:40pm Sydney (daylight saving) on Sun the 15th which is 11:40pm on Sat 14th in California, however 2:40am on the 15th in EDT - so not conclusive in this case. Now I see that Dan is on the board with a HM, so he must have had an early start to the challenge!
It certainly seems that it is the metres you post within your own timezone - and the C2's logbook makes that simple enough. If I were insane/ motivated enough, I could have pulled some metres just after midnight to test this, however I reckon you have applied enough effort to prove the point.

Happy erging all!
Dave

Toothdoc
10k Poster

Rubber Room

Post by Toothdoc » March 15th, 2009, 9:24 am

Dave_H wrote:
BAZzy wrote:

Now I see that Dan is on the board with a HM, so he must have had an early start to the challenge!

Happy erging all!
Dave
Dave H,

I indeed did get an early start, about 5 EDT. So it was early to bed Sat. night. I woke up at 4:45 AM and thought great I can get a HM in before going to the office. When went to turn off the alarm it had not been set. Lucky I woke up this early without it, I thought. I thought I can do a HM before work. I finished up the HM. Then noticed that some video editing and DVD's burning I needed for Mon. where not completed. I thought now I'm going to be late to the office. So I put the DVDs into burn while I showered and shaved. just before I put my scrubs on I realized it was SUNDAY not Monday. My wife is still laughing and has threatened to have me remanded to the local psych ward.

Oh well, such is the life of an erger. We are so easily confused.

dc

Kona2
Marathon Poster

All In A Day's ERG: Team Progress Thru 3.14.09

Post by Kona2 » March 15th, 2009, 12:43 pm

Image Buckle your seatbelts, mates! Image We're not sure what day or time it is, but the clock is ticking and the WRC has indeed started! This happens when we overlap March Madness and the beginning of the World Rowing Challenge.....

March Madness Challenge Update: Still Riding The Boards (Progress Boards)Image

5K and over: 23 Luna-Tics Crew Members
10K and over: 13 Luna-Tics Crew Members

WORLD ROWING CHALLENGE: WRC 2009

Take a minute and check to make sure you are indeed registered for the challenge. If you click on teams, then click yes, I'll participate, then double check to see if your name appears in the drop down box on the WRC challenge page update.....then you'll know that your meters are indeed counting towards our progress! We definitely aren't able to count all of today's meters because not everyone is signed on!

Woohoo and way to go for the guys from Oz.....generating a couple of half moons to get us started! Way to row Dave H and BaZz!

Season Meters as of 318/365 = 67,996,170 m

Total meters on the day = 997,439 m

Oars in space = 30 percent

MILESTONES....Bragging Rights....Celebrations:

6.8 MM Will S
5.1 MM Dan C
4.2 MM William H (Wild Bill)
2.2 MM Steven
1.7 MM Mary
300K Dan T

Image Dave H
Image Barry (BaZz)
Image Dan C #105

ONE Million Meter Countdown:

Image Karyn Image with (7,839 m) to go! Looks like she will start her work week with some really good bragging rights! Way to row!

Gina with (52,000 m) to go! ImageImage

And thanks to today's stellar lunar crew:

Michael S 721,995 m (imported)
William H 34,000 m
Dan 31,097 m
Will S 23,532 m
BaZz 21,481 m
Dave 21,097 m
Tim P 13,928 m
Andrea 12,170 m (2 days?)
Chris T 12,000 m Image
Tom R 11,309 m
Mike C 11,120 m
Jan 11,000 m
Kristine 10,760 m
Dan T 10,400 m
Steven 10,000 m
Karyn 7,246 m
Mary 7,233 m
Barbara 5,050 m
Chris S 5,038 m
Jeff 5,013 m
Gina 5,000 m
Tony 4,444 m ImageImageImageImage
AJ 2,526 m
Last edited by Kona2 on March 16th, 2009, 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

just27
10k Poster

... just insane enough ...

Post by just27 » March 15th, 2009, 3:35 pm

Dave_H wrote: I finished my HM at around 5:40pm Sydney (daylight saving) on Sun the 15th which is 11:40pm ... on the 15th in EDT - so not conclusive ... It certainly seems that it is the metres you post within your own timezone - and the C2's logbook makes that simple enough. If I were insane/motivated enough, I could have pulled some metres just after midnight to test this, however I reckon you have applied enough effort to prove the point. Dave
The challenge formerly known as NARC (North American Rowing Challenge) is right around the corner! March 15–April 15, 2009 ...
... Each team rows as many meters as they can collectively between March 15 and 11:59:59 p.m.
(ET) April 15, 2009.

It's that little "(ET)" ... "Eastern Time" on the Concept2 team challenge page ... that made us all (West Coast US) think that the Holiday Challenge finished at 9pm PST on New Year's Eve.

(In the time it's taken me to angst over this, I could have done today's meters!)

Dave_H
2k Poster

Post by Dave_H » March 16th, 2009, 12:40 am

Question for the team's gurus... what do you do when your log card is full?
Mine has hit 97%, and I know that I am supposed to back it up (and do...) and then wipe it; however if I format it and start again does it pick up all the relevant lifetime metres and my identity from the utility software on my PC?

Appreciate your advice,
Dave

acrewer
2k Poster

Post by acrewer » March 16th, 2009, 1:51 am

Welcome Mike M. - I grew up in San Marino, so I spent quite a bit of time in Pasadena - much has changed since the 70's though. Welcome.

Dave - the log card does not remember your lifetime meters, I had to reenter mine. I wipe mine at the end of every season - the total then is my current season.

Gina

Kristine Strasburger
10k Poster

Re: Rubber Room

Post by Kristine Strasburger » March 16th, 2009, 2:08 am

Toothdoc wrote:
I indeed did get an early start, about 5 EDT. So it was early to bed Sat. night. I woke up at 4:45 AM and thought great I can get a HM in before going to the office. When went to turn off the alarm it had not been set. Lucky I woke up this early without it, I thought. I thought I can do a HM before work. I finished up the HM. Then noticed that some video editing and DVD's burning I needed for Mon. where not completed. I thought now I'm going to be late to the office. So I put the DVDs into burn while I showered and shaved. just before I put my scrubs on I realized it was SUNDAY not Monday. My wife is still laughing and has threatened to have me remanded to the local psych ward.

dc
Ohhhhh, Doctor Dan.........You a funny man......... :D

And Welcome to the team, Mike M. Glad you jumped on board.
☆~Kristine~☆

andreacs
2k Poster

Re: Five Million Meter Man

Post by andreacs » March 16th, 2009, 3:58 am

Dave_H wrote:Bulk Congratulations (lowering my forum footprint... :lol: )
Kona2 wrote: Congratulations Dan - our FIVE million meter man! May you row many, many more!
Top Effort Dan!! So does that mean you are going for 6 mill by May 1st?? :o :shock:
Kona2 wrote: manipulated by Dave...
Congratulations to Wild Bill - William H ! He's achieved the 4 MM milestone for this season!
Awesome work also William! :wink:
Kona2 wrote: also manipulated by Dave...
Woohoo! We have another meter millionaire! Congratulations Mike C for attaining a million meters this season!
And well done Mike C!

You guys are inspirational! B) B)
*phew - thats a lot of celebrating for one night... and now I have to row!!*
DavidA wrote:
kgallagher wrote:WAY TO GO DAVID A.!

...Have you figured out a way to use your erg as a means of transportation to get to and from places.
kgallagher wrote:
Toothdoc wrote:Hey All,
Our fearless keeper of the stats just finished a 1 Million Meter season. Our newest Meter Millionaire!!!!! Nice work Kona2.
dc

Give me a "J", Give me an "A", Give me an "N". What does that spell? JAN, YEAH JAN!

Kudos to you. Job well done on dangling that carrot out there and chasing it down yourself. A great accomplishment. I'm proud of you and honored to pulling up the rear.

Karyn

Reusing Dave_H's and Karyn's work ;)

Heartfelt congratulations to all!

I was on vacation and am barely keeping up with the 5k's for the March madness, but was so glad to see so many achievements and new team mates!
I will not mention names, as I am sure I will miss somebody...

Welcome to all!

The speed towards the moon is picking up! ;)

Happy rowing!

Andrea

Dave_H
2k Poster

Post by Dave_H » March 16th, 2009, 4:35 am

acrewer wrote: Dave - the log card does not remember your lifetime meters, I had to reenter mine. I wipe mine at the end of every season - the total then is my current season.
Gina
Thanks Gina... I will stop being paranoid about it then... :lol:
Toothdoc wrote:Dave H,

Sounds like early onset of old-timer's disease Dan; Doctor Dave prescribes another HM followed by a '96 Coonawarra Shiraz... if you get mixed up after that, just blame the red! :lol:

On a slightly different topic, I travelled to Canberra on the weekend to watch a friend compete in one of these:
(click image to see full size)

They are not a very efficient form of transport from what I observed (about four minutes for 500 metres), however a great team sport for people of all sizes!

Time for more WRC/ March Madness... :D

Cheers,
Dave

Dave_H
2k Poster

Re: 3 hours ...

Post by Dave_H » March 16th, 2009, 7:38 am

just27 wrote: Good morning, Oz! Nice HM to start the WRC, Dave; and BaZz too ... saw your meters post.
Right back atcha Chris... I see your HM, and I raise 1 HM. :P :lol:
And then there is Dan... 2nd outright and 61,503 metres :shock:

Toothdoc
10k Poster

Re: 3 hours ...

Post by Toothdoc » March 16th, 2009, 8:40 am

Dave_H wrote:
just27 wrote: Good morning, Oz! Nice HM to start the WRC, Dave; and BaZz too ... saw your meters post.
Right back atcha Chris... I see your HM, and I raise 1 HM. :P :lol:
And then there is Dan... 2nd outright and 61,503 metres :shock:
Morning Dave,

Are you planing a HM everyday of the WRC, SWEET!!

I was trying to show some leadership that 1st day and show what a confused old fart can do. Don't expect those same kind of numbers everyday. Some of us still have to work. When we can remember what day it is.

dc