LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.

Can this one team row to the moon and back?

Poll ended at May 17th, 2008, 12:28 pm

I think we can do it together. I'm all in!
85%
No way! You all are wacko!
15%

Total votes: 54

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Re: LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

Post by Kona2 » February 1st, 2014, 8:33 pm

Calamity wrote:Guinan here - a couple of drinks for the super bowl being served up:
Zone Blitz

Featuring Denver Broncos colors, this recipe comes courtesy of Pablo Villareal, house mixologist for JAZZ at KITANO at The Kitano New York Hotel

Serves 1

2 oz. Absolut Peppar (pepper-flavored vodka)
4 oz. lemon-lime soda
Splash of blue curaçao for color
1 orange wedge for garnish
Crushed ice
Preparation:

1. Fill a standard rock glass with crushed ice
2. Pour in vodka then top off the cocktail with chilled lemon-lime soda
3. Add a splash of blue curaçao in middle of cocktail
4. Place an orange wedge on the glass for garnish
Seahawkuccino Cocktail

Courtesy of Andrea Correale, president of Elegant Affairs catering company in Glen Cove, N.Y.

Serves 1

2 oz. espresso vodka
1 oz. amaretto liqueur
2 oz. hot chocolate
4 oz. hot coffee
Whipped cream
Preparation:

1. Build the espresso, amaretto liqueur, hot chocolate and coffee in a snifter
2. Stir well
3. Add whipped cream on top and serve

Here is link for some more (both alcoholic and non) http://www.mainstreet.com/article/lifes ... bowl-party

Thanks for the congrats Norma- I will sub the mudslide with a Seahawkaccino.

I would be glad to take part in whatever football rowing challenge is decided upon.
Naturally, I prefer the Zone Blitz as long as we are the team that is the blitzer and not the blitzee. Guinan, you are earning yourself a place in the Lunie Hall of Fame for your ability to come up with these beverages.

just27
10k Poster

Post by just27 » February 2nd, 2014, 1:56 am

Calamity wrote:
2 oz. espresso vodka
1 oz. amaretto liqueur
2 oz. hot chocolate
4 oz. hot coffee
Whipped cream

1. Build the espresso, amaretto liqueur, hot chocolate and coffee in a snifter
2. Stir well
3. Add whipped cream on top and serve
I can't get my head around a blue drink ... but, this coffee/chocolate/espresso vodka concoction sounds divine.
I'm thinking about seeing what we have on hand that comes close! (Hadn't planned to sleep tonight, anyway.)

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Post by Kona2 » February 2nd, 2014, 12:16 pm

macbruce1 wrote: I think this team should be really proud of what we accomplished. It was sort of a "David vs Goliath" contest and our meters rowed per person shows an awesome level of commitment, even though we didn't have anyone like "Darlene the Dynamo".
Proud and happy to be a Luna-Tic B)
Da Do Ron Ron
Right you are about David and Goliath, Da Do Ron Ron! Funny thing about teams: I have read that anthropologists say that our sense of tribal connectivity can only handle 150 - 200 tribe mates...or teammates. After that, your sense of belonging to that team or tribe seems to be lost. We are right in the target zone for feeling like we "belong" to tribe Luna-tics. Big enough to play hard ball, and just the right size to be connected to one another. Hooyah! So, we are learning to maximize the contributions of every teammate!

And we do have LUNA - who bested Darlene in the SkiErg !!

1 Luna T LUNA-TICS F 23 579,906
2 Darlene Brennan ANCIENTS F 70 362,106

This seems like a good opportunity to acknowledge those teammates who incorporated the SkiErg into their Challenge meters: way to explore new frontiers!

Luna
Bernie S
Reba T
Richard T
Don S
Jessica S
Ryan C

Edscapade
2k Poster

Post by Edscapade » February 2nd, 2014, 12:50 pm

macbruce1 wrote:
brotherjim wrote:Is anyone interested in a Super Bowl total points challenge? I was thinking maybe 100 meters per point. So if it ends 24-20 that would b 44x100=4400 meters. Any day in the coming week would be ok to row this. Jaybird and I have did this the past 3 years but row 300 per point. Any one interested or have a different meter amount to suggest? Probably be a low scoring game. Next year when da Bears play in it, will be a different story.
I'm up for it Jim :!: I'll try to join you and Jay for the 300 meter per point challenge. I've taken one day off for recovery, so I think I'll be good to go.
On another note, I just want to thank everyone for the great effort put forth on this challenge. I am proud of all of you. I want to express special thanks to K2 and AJ who have once again gone "above and beyond the call of duty" to make this challenge an extra special experience. Thanks to our OD members who really stepped it up a notch. I think this team should be really proud of what we accomplished. It was sort of a "David vs Goliath" contest and our meters rowed per person shows an awesome level of commitment, even though we didn't have anyone like "Darlene the Dynamo".
Da Do Ron Ron
Count me in!! Couldn't make it to the game so staying up 2:00am my time to watch the game. Not to many times to watch my favorite team Seahawks play in the big game. Good luck to both teams - they both deserve to be there for their great play this season. Go Hawks!! Whatever number you decide I'm in.

Ed

Kona2
Marathon Poster

All In A Day's ERG: Team Progress Thru 2.1.14

Post by Kona2 » February 2nd, 2014, 1:15 pm

And so the big day finally arrives ! Will it be Hawks or Horses? Enjoy being a FAN !!

Season meters as of 277/365 = 125,172,239 m

Total meters on the day = 262,132 m (ah...the reality that the VTC is over...and team is in recovery mode)

Oars in space (participation) = 20 percent

MILESTONES...Bragging Rights...Celebrations:

2.85 MM Jim
1.6 MM Zander
1.2 MM Diana

Thanks, EVERYONE, for rowing and skierging with this team !

Fabrizio 1,906 m
Jeff M 2,200 m
Jodie 3,000 m
Diana 3,500 m
Bobbie 4,000 m
Nataliya 4,000 m
Debbie R 4,287 m
Katerina 4,800 m
Jeff P 5,000 m
Rebecca 5,000 m
Robyn 5,000 m
Scott 5,000 m
Steve G 5,000 m
Marty 5,100 m
Barry S 5,543 m
Elton 6,000 m
Sorin 6,012 m
Rick 6,329 m
Marie 6,890 m
David W (GBR) 7,247 m
Harold 8,000 m
Andrea 8,515 m
David A 8,829 m
Ronnie 9,000 m
Zander 9,000 m
Baz 10,000 m
David T 12,000 m
Jim 14,332 m
Howard 15,087 m
Jay ImageImageImageImageImage m ... :D whoa. almost didn't have any "special" number sequences today..
Gail 20,000 m
Richard T 36,000 m

Toothdoc
10k Poster

Post by Toothdoc » February 2nd, 2014, 1:36 pm

macbruce1 wrote:
brotherjim wrote:Is anyone interested in a Super Bowl total points challenge? I was thinking maybe 100 meters per point. So if it ends 24-20 that would b 44x100=4400 meters. Any day in the coming week would be ok to row this. Jaybird and I have did this the past 3 years but row 300 per point. Any one interested or have a different meter amount to suggest? Probably be a low scoring game. Next year when da Bears play in it, will be a different story.
I'm up for it Jim :!: I'll try to join you and Jay for the 300 meter per point challenge. I've taken one day off for recovery, so I think I'll be good to go.
On another note, I just want to thank everyone for the great effort put forth on this challenge. I am proud of all of you. I want to express special thanks to K2 and AJ who have once again gone "above and beyond the call of duty" to make this challenge an extra special experience. Thanks to our OD members who really stepped it up a notch. I think this team should be really proud of what we accomplished. It was sort of a "David vs Goliath" contest and our meters rowed per person shows an awesome level of commitment, even though we didn't have anyone like "Darlene the Dynamo".
Da Do Ron Ron

Count me in

danno

Kristine Strasburger
10k Poster

Post by Kristine Strasburger » February 2nd, 2014, 3:18 pm

☆☆☆☆☆Congratulations to the whole Team! Great job on the January Challenge! ☆☆☆☆☆
☆~Kristine~☆

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Post by bg » February 2nd, 2014, 7:13 pm

Kristine Strasburger wrote:☆☆☆☆☆Congratulations to the whole Team! Great job on the January Challenge! ☆☆☆☆☆
ditto :}

BAZzy
6k Poster

Post by BAZzy » February 2nd, 2014, 9:10 pm

Kristine Strasburger wrote:☆☆☆☆☆Congratulations to the whole Team! Great job on the January Challenge! ☆☆☆☆☆
And me to!

Cheers, Baz
"Those who don't think it can be done shouldn't bother the person doing it..."
www.thelandy.com

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Post by Kona2 » February 2nd, 2014, 10:07 pm

Dismal dismal dismal - good thing I can cheer for the Lunies!

brotherjim
10k Poster

Post by brotherjim » February 2nd, 2014, 10:49 pm

Not a very competitive game, sorry Bronco fans, yay Seahawk fans. Surprised at the score.Jay and i along with Ron are going to row 300 meters per point. I think Ed and Danno are also.
Congrats to our team for finishing third, the little engine that could!

brotherjim
10k Poster

Post by brotherjim » February 2nd, 2014, 11:29 pm

5100 if you do 100 meters per point,10200 if you choose 200 per point, and 15300 if 300 per point. Might b fun.

Calamity
1k Poster

Post by Calamity » February 2nd, 2014, 11:59 pm

Two Seahawkacchinos for the victory! Did I mention green and blue hair spray? Sending the kids to school with face paint? 12 in window art on the car?
Oh yeah - a little mad with the commentators saying Seattle has one one professional team win in the past with the SuperSonics. They must be forgetting women's professional teams like the very successful WNBA Seattle Storm.

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Post by bg » February 3rd, 2014, 4:28 am

sorry denver folks....congrats seahawks...and thanks for remembering the storm.....off to run...then row :}

normadelaney
6k Poster

Post by normadelaney » February 3rd, 2014, 10:15 am

brotherjim wrote:5100 if you do 100 meters per point,10200 if you choose 200 per point, and 15300 if 300 per point. Might b fun.
Today? Would need to work it in with shoveling!