LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.

Can this one team row to the moon and back?

Poll ended at May 17th, 2008, 12:28 pm

I think we can do it together. I'm all in!
85%
No way! You all are wacko!
15%

Total votes: 54

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Re: 31 Million Lifetime Meters....Whoa....

Post by Kona2 » January 30th, 2014, 8:50 pm

macbruce1 wrote: There was a metal globe and a little airplane that went around it and somehow, I don't remember exactly how, you raced around the globe. I guess all this rowing isn't helping my memory :lol:
Da Do Ron Ron

I think this sounds like what you're talking about: I had never seen one (not because I'm not vintage).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replogle-Global ... 1308533375

Edscapade
2k Poster

Re: Breaking News! It's ANOTHER Million Meter Boat

Post by Edscapade » January 31st, 2014, 1:22 am

macbruce1 wrote:
Kona2 wrote:Image Rowin ....rowin....rowin.....keep those meters flowin.....

Whoop, whoop and HOOYAH !!! EPIC !!! Congratulations, Da Do Ron Ron, on crossing the ONE million meter milestone and putting ANOTHER million meter boat in the virtual waters of Moon River !!!

ImageImageImage
Ron MacBruce w/George J Stannard figurehead

Looks like a Vermont militia history moment, Da Do Ron Ron....run with it !
Thanks :!: Great boat B) I love the figure head. General Stannard commanded the Second Vermont Brigade which played a pivotal role during Pickett's "charge" on the third day of the Battle of Gettysburg. One of my ancestors was at Gettysburg as a member of the First Vermont Cavalry.
Da Do Ron Ron
AWESOME!!! Great Rowing

Edscapade
2k Poster

Re: Breaking News..it's the first MILLION meter boat of the

Post by Edscapade » January 31st, 2014, 1:35 am

Kona2 wrote:ImageImageImage
Ed Church

Whoop, whoop and HOOYAH !! Congratulations, Ed, on achieving (and surpassing) ONE million meters in the VTC! Not sure what happened to your boat...obviously it was posted....and then it disappeared....yikes. Must have been that darned Seahawk diving into the waters to grab another fish....
Hi Kona- no worries, I myself get lost from time to time!
Thanks all, great team all around. Appreciate the notes. Going to take the family to the sand dunes and ride the 4 wheelers. Lot of fun with many kilometers to play in with the Persian Gulf right next to us, have a great weekend!
Ed

Kristine Strasburger
10k Poster

Re: LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

Post by Kristine Strasburger » January 31st, 2014, 2:16 am

Great job, Team! Let's give it all we've got in the final hours . ☆☆☆☆☆
☆~Kristine~☆

Drivetofast
6k Poster

Post by Drivetofast » January 31st, 2014, 11:07 am

Thank You to all The OD Teamates. Awesome Job :D

ronnie1
500m Poster

Post by ronnie1 » January 31st, 2014, 3:07 pm

Thank you Richard on behalf of all my O.D. teammates, very kind of you to say. This has been an exciting challenge that all Luna-tics teammates have put in so many many meters. Congratultions to each and everyone on this team.
I have maybe pushed some of my O.D. mates a little hard yet I know they will forgive me.Go Luna-tics!

Drivetofast
6k Poster

Post by Drivetofast » January 31st, 2014, 3:28 pm

Way to Row Big Jim I Knew You could Do It . Congrats

brotherjim
10k Poster

Post by brotherjim » January 31st, 2014, 4:41 pm

Thank you Richard and Ron,. I did 2 -3 hour rows to get there. Congrats to all Looneys for rowing increditable meter totals. What a great team effort!

Toothdoc
10k Poster

Post by Toothdoc » January 31st, 2014, 5:07 pm

Haven't been on the board for a while, even lurking. So was pleasantly surprised to see we have 3 members over the 1 Million mark for the VTC. With 3 or 4 more within striking distance.

Outstanding effort from Ed, Ron and Jim.

Congrats fellas!

danno

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Post by Kona2 » January 31st, 2014, 7:56 pm

Kristine Strasburger wrote:Great job, Team! Let's give it all we've got in the final hours . ☆☆☆☆☆

I suspect that the one million meters suddenly input by Girls Row Boston of the Community Rowing Inc is either (a) an error, or (2) many more people than just one girl. Looks like an entire program. Be that as it may, we will come in second among virtual clubs. What an outstanding Challenge!

I find myself up river without a paddle. I had to trade the paddle for a snow shovel in the last couple of days and I just cannot row and shovel for hours in the same day. Fortunately, I have multiple teammates in the boat and I know that a tether line will be attached. The other thing is that you never see the coxswain actually rowing.....just telling everyone else to row. :lol:

1 FRENCH INDOOR ROWERS TEAM Virtual Club 43,006,242 372 115,608
2 Community Rowing, Inc On-Water Club 36,221,622 335 108,124
3 LUNA-TICS Virtual Club 35,107,818 140 250,770
4 Age Without Limits Virtual Club 32,489,514 222 146,349
5 Greenwich Crew On-Water Club 21,005,111 122 172,173

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Post by Kona2 » January 31st, 2014, 8:00 pm

brotherjim wrote:Thank you Richard and Ron,. I did 2 -3 hour rows to get there. Congrats to all Looneys for rowing increditable meter totals. What a great team effort!
I thought you would get to the ONE million, Jim ! Congratulations....! And, if I had a one million meter boat ready to award...I surely would do so! I think our resident artist might have gotten surprised by some of the late meters...and I don't think we're done just yet, either !

Kona2
Marathon Poster

TWO more bathtubbers !!

Post by Kona2 » January 31st, 2014, 8:05 pm

Congratulations to Katerina M and Mike G (TMITWH) for attaining 500,000 m in the VTC. Gives a whole new meaning to the term flotilla.

Katerina Mack

Katerina's hot tub is adorned with something called a Kalamazoo Hornet, and I am sure there is a story there. However, I am not the one to tell it.

Mike Gilger

And the man in the white hat gets quite the panorama of horses on the side of his hot tub! Woot!

Kona2
Marathon Poster

She's A Meter Millionaire!

Post by Kona2 » January 31st, 2014, 8:10 pm

ImageImageImage Image

Whoop, whoop and hooyah! Congratulations, Kristine, on achieving another ONE million meter rowing season! We wish you many, MANY more !!

DUCKMARX
1k Poster

Post by DUCKMARX » January 31st, 2014, 10:22 pm

Kona2 wrote:
brotherjim wrote:Thank you Richard and Ron,. I did 2 -3 hour rows to get there. Congrats to all Looneys for rowing increditable meter totals. What a great team effort!
I thought you would get to the ONE million, Jim ! Congratulations....! And, if I had a one million meter boat ready to award...I surely would do so! I think our resident artist might have gotten surprised by some of the late meters...and I don't think we're done just yet, either !

Jim, Jan is correct! You weren''t on my projections! I'll make your boat this evening. (I'm in the throes of adobo pork prep and baking bread :D )

Kona2
Marathon Poster

ANOTHER Bathtub Claimed !!

Post by Kona2 » February 1st, 2014, 12:00 am

Jane Newall

Hooyah! Congratulations, Guinan Jane on achieving 500,000 m in the Virtual Team Challenge ! Just in the nick of time (not the night to be singing After Midnight), the final meter installment was posted for the coveted tub! Rule Brittania and all that ! Quite a nice regal Leo on that tub, too. Well done !

Should be an effortless glide across the ONE million meter milestone from here for Guinan.