Looking for team..New C2 owner

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.
CardiacNP
Paddler

Looking for team..New C2 owner

Post by CardiacNP » July 7th, 2013, 10:26 am

I just ordered my C2 D PM4 and I am looking for a team that I can fit into that will help to motivate me and also provide support, and/or friendship.

I am 44 male and a newbie to rowing. I am sure my numbers will suck at first but that is the reason I am taking this challenge. I will be focused on all around fitness, with goals of weight loss, increased endurance and gains in muscle strength. I have completed 1/2 marathons in the past so I know the focus and importance of training.

There appear to be 2 main groups that seem to be very active. I wonder which group will I be a better fit for. I also plan on getting RowPro too.

Looking forward to the fun and the training

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Re: Looking for team..New C2 owner

Post by Kona2 » July 8th, 2013, 8:48 am

Nothing like getting a new rowing machine...and you didn't even have to wait until Christmas! Most of the teams are open to any and all - the one exception might be the Sub 7 group where you have to earn your way there. I am sure that you are checking out the team forums as a way to see which team fits the bill for you. I would also suggest that you just go through the list of affiliations and click on each of them. Some teams have a website that is separate from the forum, and those activities might be what you are looking for.

CardiacNP
Paddler

Post by CardiacNP » July 8th, 2013, 9:29 am

where can i find the list of affiliations?

Citroen
SpamTeam

Post by Citroen » July 8th, 2013, 9:54 am

CardiacNP wrote:where can i find the list of affiliations?
http://log.concept2.com/challenge/univS ... ?sort=name

Izzzmeister
10k Poster

Post by Izzzmeister » July 8th, 2013, 10:16 am

Strong fan of RowPro here, sometimes when I don't feel like rowing, I open RowPro, find a row, and my competitive nature takes over from there.
Another big advantage for me of RP is that my monitor doesn't blank out after a minute, like if I just use my Performance Monitor. I also like rowing against previous rows of mine, especially if I'm going after a PB (personal best) or SB (season's best).

As Cap'n of TimbukTOO, I'd like to personally invite you to join us. We have rowers on all levels, we try to support each other & keep it (relatively) light.

Forget about your sucky times at the beginning - keep rowing consistently & those times will steadily improve...

Izzzmeister
10k Poster

Post by Izzzmeister » July 8th, 2013, 10:20 am

If you meant the place on your personal page to choose Affiliations from, it's under the Profile tab, hit "Edit Profile", towards the bottom of the page.
Or try http://log.concept2.com/edit_profile.asp