LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.

Can this one team row to the moon and back?

Poll ended at May 17th, 2008, 12:28 pm

I think we can do it together. I'm all in!
85%
No way! You all are wacko!
15%

Total votes: 54

Kona2
Marathon Poster

bg on the course map

Post by Kona2 » April 15th, 2013, 11:31 am

For those who are interested in seeing where bg aka Barbara Grandberg is on the Boston Marathon course map, here is a link to the site where you can input bg's name and her participant number, which is 21410. Then you can select tracking and you should get the option to put your runner on a course map.

http://www.baa.org/individual.html

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Re: bg on the course map

Post by Kona2 » April 15th, 2013, 12:57 pm

Kona2 wrote:For those who are interested in seeing where bg aka Barbara Grandberg is on the Boston Marathon course map, here is a link to the site where you can input bg's name and her participant number, which is 21410. Then you can select tracking and you should get the option to put your runner on a course map.

http://www.baa.org/individual.html

She's at the halfway milestone! Whoop, whoop...it's all downhill to the finish, bg!

Rumping
1k Poster

Re: LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

Post by Rumping » April 15th, 2013, 3:10 pm

Thank goodness she's not at the finish yet (I checked). Supposedly a large explosion just happened near the finish.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/04/15/s ... nish-line/

Edit: She did the 40k check-in after the news broke. I'm glad she's okay, but I feel bad for the mark this puts on the whole event (and the lives of everyone involved).
Last edited by Rumping on April 15th, 2013, 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wim (attempting to get back into rowing shape).

voodoogirl
500m Poster

Post by voodoogirl » April 15th, 2013, 3:29 pm

Rumping wrote:Thank goodness she's not at the finish yet (I checked). Supposedly a large explosion just happened near the finish.

Edit: She did the 40k check-in after the news broke. I'm glad she's okay, but I feel bad for the mark this puts on the whole event (and the lives of everyone involved).
Thanks for the update, Rumping--just heard the news and was concerned about her. I hope no one was badly injured. What a terrible thing to happen.
Laurie Pachter
Herndon, VA

just27
10k Poster

Post by just27 » April 15th, 2013, 3:37 pm

voodoogirl wrote:Thanks for the update, Rumping--just heard the news and was concerned about her. I hope no one was badly injured. What a terrible thing to happen.
The website is overloaded, so I've been texting my friend, whose husband finished the marathon about 45 minutes ago. They're safe, but that's all I've heard, since the earlier Boston news reports about two explosions.

voodoogirl
500m Poster

Post by voodoogirl » April 15th, 2013, 3:42 pm

just27 wrote:
voodoogirl wrote:Thanks for the update, Rumping--just heard the news and was concerned about her. I hope no one was badly injured. What a terrible thing to happen.
The website is overloaded, so I've been texting my friend, whose husband finished the marathon about 45 minutes ago. They're safe, but that's all I've heard, since the earlier Boston news reports about two explosions.
Boston news channels are now saying that there are serious injuries. It's terrible--glad your friends are safe, Chris. One report said they are stopping runners at mile 26 on the bridge as they are unsure if there are more explosives. What a tragedy.
Laurie Pachter
Herndon, VA

kakattack
500m Poster

Post by kakattack » April 15th, 2013, 4:34 pm

Rumping wrote:Thank goodness she's not at the finish yet (I checked). Supposedly a large explosion just happened near the finish.

So glad to hear that Barb is okay!!! This is so sad, lets keep the victims of this senseless tragedy in our thoughts and prayers!
Peter Gingras

Dave_H
2k Poster

Post by Dave_H » April 15th, 2013, 4:42 pm

So glad to hear that Barb is OK... thanks for the update Wim. We woke up to the news this morning and she was my first thought.
Very sad for all - prayers and thoughts from Oz to all affected.

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Post by Kona2 » April 15th, 2013, 7:05 pm

She is ok ! Made it home just recently and asked that we let everyone know she is ok!

Toothdoc
10k Poster

Post by Toothdoc » April 15th, 2013, 8:10 pm

BG, Glsd you are OK. You had us worried for a bit there. But I knew you were to onry to get caught by some low life.

danno

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Re: bg on the course map

Post by Kona2 » April 15th, 2013, 8:58 pm

macbruce1 wrote: Just checked and bg has passed 35K :shock: Go Barb :!: I just finished my Erg Marathon-hope some positive energy went out to bg B)
Da Do Ron Ron

Image Congratulations on your FULL marathon, Da Do Ron Ron ! You helped send a lot of positrons Barb's way!

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Post by bg » April 15th, 2013, 9:16 pm

thanks to my luna-tic family...very surreal and scary....hope everyone who knows folks out there, hear that they are okay....

psu80
Paddler

Post by psu80 » April 15th, 2013, 10:42 pm

bg, I followed your progress all day. I am so relieved that you are home safe and sound. I pray for all the people who are affected by this horrific event.

Tim G

andreacs
2k Poster

Post by andreacs » April 16th, 2013, 2:02 am

bg wrote: thanks to my luna-tic family...very surreal and scary....hope everyone who knows folks out there, hear that they are okay....
So good to hear that your home safe! We were thinking of you and the others at the marathon. Sad day...

Our thoughts and prayers are with all those affected and their families.

Plan was to row a few more miles today after a hiatus, but ended up just uploading a session rowed a few days back...

Andrea and Sorin

Jodi
1k Poster

Post by Jodi » April 16th, 2013, 7:39 am

So glad BG is safe. I thought about her when I heard about it. Checked with my neice, who attends college there in Boston, and she was just around the block having lunch. She says they thought it was a celebratory canon at first, until they heard the second blast.
How sad.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, used up, totally worn out, & loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”