LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.

Can this one team row to the moon and back?

Poll ended at May 17th, 2008, 12:28 pm

I think we can do it together. I'm all in!
85%
No way! You all are wacko!
15%

Total votes: 54

Kristine Strasburger
10k Poster

Re: LUNA-TICS TEAM ROOM: Year-round "Looney" fun.

Post by Kristine Strasburger » March 1st, 2013, 2:42 pm

So sorry to hear of your friend's passing, Jodi. But good to hear from you again.
☆~Kristine~☆

kakattack
500m Poster

Post by kakattack » March 1st, 2013, 3:43 pm

Jodi wrote:Hello, hello my fellow Luna-tics. :D I was going through burn out there for a bit, and then had other things take precedence (a friend in Hospice, then her passing, an interview for a new job, minor injuries, etc). So I've been really sporadic in rowing, and even more so with checking into the forum. :(
Good to see the Military Challenge rowers are back home. I considered signing onto the Air Force team, but that came too close on the heels of the last challenge and as I mentioned, burn out just got the best of me and I lost my motivation.
I start a new job on Monday, and will be forced to get my workouts in prior to 7 AM, so it's going to be a challenge, but I seem to do better with structure like that than when I have all day to get it in. Weird how that works. :? Anyway, I'll check in with the forum periodically. Just wanted to say "hi" to both old and new Luna-tics.
Hi Jodi,

My condolences regarding the passing of your friend. An on a lighter note... Good luck in your new job!

I too have to get my workout in early and I find the structure helps keep me focused and motivated. If I don't get my row in early I have to be running a serious meter deficit in a challenge to motivate myself onto the ERG later in the day.

Cheers,
Peter
Peter Gingras

Jodi
1k Poster

Post by Jodi » March 1st, 2013, 5:22 pm

danwho wrote: Well, I guess it's the early bird that gets the erg.
I love that! It's the early bird that gets the erg! Perfect! And weren't women called "birds" someplace, at some point in history? It works for me. :lol:
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, used up, totally worn out, & loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

Jodi
1k Poster

Post by Jodi » March 1st, 2013, 5:29 pm

Thank you everyone for your condolences and congratulations, both sentiments are appreciated.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body, rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, used up, totally worn out, & loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

bg
Half Marathon Poster

Post by bg » March 1st, 2013, 5:38 pm

macbruce1 wrote:Image
Welcome Ernie and welcome back Jodi-congratulations on your new job and sorry about all your trials and tribulations.
Da Do Ron Ron
to quote danno-ditto :}

Toothdoc
10k Poster

Post by Toothdoc » March 1st, 2013, 7:13 pm

bg wrote:
macbruce1 wrote:Image
Welcome Ernie and welcome back Jodi-congratulations on your new job and sorry about all your trials and tribulations.
Da Do Ron Ron
to quote danno-ditto :}
Well make that a double dog ditto from me!

danno

psu80
Paddler

Post by psu80 » March 2nd, 2013, 2:19 am

Welcome to all the new Luna-Tics. One 10K down, twenty four more to go. I hoping that March Madness gets me back in the erging groove.
Tim G

voodoogirl
500m Poster

Post by voodoogirl » March 2nd, 2013, 1:08 pm

Jodi wrote:Hello, hello my fellow Luna-tics. :D I was going through burn out there for a bit, and then had other things take precedence (a friend in Hospice, then her passing, an interview for a new job, minor injuries, etc). So I've been really sporadic in rowing, and even more so with checking into the forum. :(
Good to see the Military Challenge rowers are back home. I considered signing onto the Air Force team, but that came too close on the heels of the last challenge and as I mentioned, burn out just got the best of me and I lost my motivation.
I start a new job on Monday, and will be forced to get my workouts in prior to 7 AM, so it's going to be a challenge, but I seem to do better with structure like that than when I have all day to get it in. Weird how that works. :? Anyway, I'll check in with the forum periodically. Just wanted to say "hi" to both old and new Luna-tics.
Heartfelt condolences, Jodi, as well as congratulations. Sounds like a very bittersweet time, good to see you back. I am just back myself after two full weeks of fighting stomach and respiratory viruses, it's a little tough to get back into things after hardship but on the other hand, rowing is a great way to work out emotions and toxins! Good luck with your early morning erging. Now that it's March, the birds should be out in force that early so you will have a chorus to row to!
Laurie Pachter
Herndon, VA

Kona2
Marathon Poster

All In A Day's ERG: Team Progress Thru 3.1.13

Post by Kona2 » March 2nd, 2013, 3:08 pm

Image March Madness....as the Shamrock spins....day 2

Hooboy! We've got a couple of number gnomes mixing it up with the leprechauns! After spending most of the last 30 days doing things other than rowing, I know that it is tough to get back "on schedule" with the erg. That said, a couple of days ago I found myself grabbing the calculator and looking at the current lifetime meters...you know you've committed when you grab the calculator and start thinking about how to make that next goal happen. It's those number gnomes that plague me - and I have an opportunity to get to 11,111,111 m by the end of the season. If I work at it, and given that it's a lot less of a meter requirement than that last behemoth for the JVTC, I think I can crank out those meters...it's a little less than 500K to go...in 60 days...

Image Who is it going to be?!! Someone on this team is going to be a Concept2 winner! I just know it is going to happen! The more teammates who row at least 5K, and the great number of teammates that put in a 10K, we're destined to have a winner in this year's March Madness contest. Get on the erg, crank out the meters....UPLOAD those meters within 24 hours so you can be included in the random drawing...and then we can all celebrate at our favorite March Madness hangout...the Sham Rock.

Season meters as of 304/365 = 117,997,076 m

Total meters on the day = 461,276 m

Oars in space (participation) = 26 percent

MILESTONES...Bragging Rights...Celebrations:

6.3 MM Jay
5.25 MM bg
2.25 MM Dana
1.85 MM Matt F
1.8 MM Brian M
1.55 MM Tim K
750 K Stuart
650 K Kevin

Image for rowing with us!

Tony ImageImageImageImage m .... could I talk you into 5555s for the month of March so that you're entered into the daily contests? :D
Sorin 3,380 m
Tammy 4,000 m
ImageKerry 5,035 m
Image Paul S 6,000 m
Image Tom M 6,059 m
Image David A 6,323 m
Image Rick C 6,491 m
Image Rosi ImageImageImageImage m :)
Image David T 7,000 m
Image Zander 7,500 m
Image Mary O 7,509 m
Image Stephen W 7,527 m
ImageMarty ImageImageImageImage m :D
Image Roger 8,000 m
Image Andrea 9,301 m
Image Brian M 10,000 m
ImageKevin N 10,000 m
ImageMike C 10,000 m
ImagePeter G 10,000 m
ImageRebecca 10,000 m
ImageRonnie 10,000 m
ImageSarah 10,000 m
ImageTim G 10,000 m
Image bg 10,076 m
Image Jane 10,203 m
Image Howard 10,313 m
Image Minnie 11,027 m
ImageDana ImageImageImageImageImage m :D
Image Jodi 11,644 m
Image Bruce 11,790 m
Image Jay 13,000 m
Image Jim 13,134 m
Image David W 17,815 m
Image TIm K 20,000 m
Image Image Ron 23,097 m ...a half marathon...and the March moon is green
Image Image Stuart 36,014 m
ImageMatt F 80,000 m ...great update!

Kerry1976
500m Poster

Post by Kerry1976 » March 2nd, 2013, 10:16 pm

Does your row of the day count during your own time zone? If I were to row at 11 pm central US time tonight, take a break, and then row again after midnight. Would the first row count for today and the second one count for tomorrow? Probably a geeky question, but just wondering....

just27
10k Poster

Re: All In A Day's ERG: Team Progress Thru 3.1.13

Post by just27 » March 2nd, 2013, 11:16 pm

Kona2 wrote:Who is it going to be?!! Someone on this team is going to be a Concept2 winner! I just know it is going to happen! The more teammates who row at least 5K, and the great number of teammates that put in a 10K, we're destined to have a winner in this year's March Madness contest.
Me! Me! I'm gonna win ... I'm gonna be a contender!
Chris
Everything's Shiny. Not to fret.

Kristine Strasburger
10k Poster

Post by Kristine Strasburger » March 3rd, 2013, 4:38 am

That's a stack o'gold, Team! Great job, everybody.
☆~Kristine~☆

Kona2
Marathon Poster

Post by Kona2 » March 3rd, 2013, 9:53 am

Kerry1976 wrote:Does your row of the day count during your own time zone? If I were to row at 11 pm central US time tonight, take a break, and then row again after midnight. Would the first row count for today and the second one count for tomorrow? Probably a geeky question, but just wondering....
I believe that Concept2 time stamps according to their ET zone. So probably both rows would be in next day category if you are outside the ET. If you look at the time the forum gives for your postings, it will give you an idea of where C2's database locates you and your numerical entries - I think.

Kerry1976
500m Poster

Post by Kerry1976 » March 3rd, 2013, 11:24 am

Kona2 wrote:
Kerry1976 wrote:Does your row of the day count during your own time zone? If I were to row at 11 pm central US time tonight, take a break, and then row again after midnight. Would the first row count for today and the second one count for tomorrow? Probably a geeky question, but just wondering....
I believe that Concept2 time stamps according to their ET zone. So probably both rows would be in next day category if you are outside the ET. If you look at the time the forum gives for your postings, it will give you an idea of where C2's database locates you and your numerical entries - I think.
Just to be safe, I rowed a few hours before midnight to get a second 5k for yesterday, then rowed today's 10k after midnight. Now enjoying an extra long rest before tomorrow's 10k attempt.

Toothdoc
10k Poster

Post by Toothdoc » March 3rd, 2013, 12:17 pm

K2,

Is it safe to return from the military challenge?

danno