TimbukTOO Team Room

A member of an indoor rowing team or club? If so, this is the place for you.
Kathy B
Paddler

Post by Kathy B » September 9th, 2009, 5:40 pm

Hey....

You missed me, I did 5,038 at 5:30 this morning.....

Good Job Everyone...

Michael Taft are you over the million yet?

Kathy
It's all Good!

Kathy B
Paddler

Post by Kathy B » September 9th, 2009, 5:51 pm

Hey Mike,

I guess I never noticed that about your user name. I was going to suggest you challenge him.

Green Bay, Why couldn't you guys have just kept that Brett F. with you?

Will he ever retire.....

I can't wait for Monday night....I love football season...

I am already over a million, but that includes outdoor, so for the million meter challenge, it needs to be only indoor...

Are you at a million? I was thinking you must have past it a long time ago.

Wow Linda, you really are going down the river with all of those meters...

Linda and our Fearless leader really lead the way......
It's all Good!

PJM
Half Marathon Poster

Post by PJM » September 9th, 2009, 6:47 pm

Kathy B wrote:Hey....

You missed me, I did 5,038 at 5:30 this morning.....

Good Job Everyone...

Michael Taft are you over the million yet?

Kathy
Didn't miss you..will be on the next days stats!! B)
[img]http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k195/lockaroundmyheart/Not%20Real%20Pictures/Animations/diddle-1.gif[/img]

PJM
Half Marathon Poster

Post by PJM » September 9th, 2009, 6:48 pm

ImageMICHAEL has passed the 100,000 meter mark!!!Image

Way to row!!!!!!!

Congrats!!

Pat
B)
[img]http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k195/lockaroundmyheart/Not%20Real%20Pictures/Animations/diddle-1.gif[/img]

michaelc
500m Poster

Post by michaelc » September 9th, 2009, 7:23 pm

Kathy B wrote:Hey Mike,

I guess I never noticed that about your user name. I was going to suggest you challenge him.

Green Bay, Why couldn't you guys have just kept that Brett F. with you?

Will he ever retire.....

I can't wait for Monday night....I love football season...

I am already over a million, but that includes outdoor, so for the million meter challenge, it needs to be only indoor...

Are you at a million? I was thinking you must have past it a long time ago.

Kathy B- hit the following link, I picked this song especially for you! But please don't swear at me again and using the B#@%^ word :evil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H09MBynulM

It will be a big show down on Monday Night Oct. 5th when the Pack goes to play the Vikings at the Metrodome. There were already big rivalry between the teams, and now with the Number 4 on the other side of the field, it will be an intense game to say the least. And how the preseason looked, the Pack is going to be a strong contender!

As far as the million meter mark, I'm just coming up to it, probably tonight! I took the spring and summer off of the rower and focused on cycling and running, but now I'm back on board and rowing strong.

Livestrong................Rowstrong...............Team TimbukTOO!!!!

michaelc

dr. espo
1k Poster

Post by dr. espo » September 9th, 2009, 8:32 pm

ok, are you ready for a bit of irony...so, there I am with a bit of a heavy package I was eagerly awaiting...about 60 lbs I think, anyway its a an awkward package...long/rectangular with handholds but still not easy to carry. Do I need help? Of course not, that would be like asking for directions, its just not done!

I attempt to carry it over and lift it into my truck (this was delivered to my office) for the ride home...no problem until I feel a nice hot searing effect in my back just below the shoulder blade...hmmmm, minor muscle pull?

Next day ache, sore difficult to twist around to the left side...downright painful...difficult to row! Darn and double darn...

The irony? The package contained slides for my C-2! Its been a week and slowly getting better, but no speed records will be broken this week!

Ahhh, what a twisted web we weave...

Mike

:oops:

ps: the slides are NIIIIIIICE!
always learning...

[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w2qhAni/exercise.png[/img]

damselfly
Half Marathon Poster

Post by damselfly » September 9th, 2009, 8:38 pm

Slides! Cool! They look really neat in action. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

So, is it cheating on days when I'm not feeling really well to set the damper down a little? :?

Lisa
-- Lisa

Try not! Do, or do not! There is no "try". -- Yoda

dr. espo
1k Poster

Post by dr. espo » September 9th, 2009, 8:44 pm

damselfly wrote:Slides! Cool! They look really neat in action. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

So, is it cheating on days when I'm not feeling really well to set the damper down a little? :?

Lisa
No, its not cheating in the sense that the erg measures power (ie watts) so the lower the damper, the less power, the fewer meters per stroke (since the flywheel isn't spinning as fast)...its sort of like bike riding in 1st gear...you will get to the top of the hill, but it will take longer.

At least that's the way I understand it...

At any rate, as long as you are erging whatever the damper setting, you are STILL getting excercise!

Mike
always learning...

damselfly
Half Marathon Poster

Post by damselfly » September 9th, 2009, 8:48 pm

Cool. Anything positive like that coming from someone with the honorific "Dr." works in my book. B) I did 10k, but it certainly wasn't my best. :P
-- Lisa

Try not! Do, or do not! There is no "try". -- Yoda

dr. espo
1k Poster

Post by dr. espo » September 9th, 2009, 8:50 pm

BTW, if anything is cheating its using slides. Reason being that instead of moving your own body mass, you are really only moving the mass of the C-2 unit. In my case this is favorable as I am 180lbs!

This is no doubt why slides are not allowed in competition.

Mike :wink:
always learning...

dr. espo
1k Poster

Post by dr. espo » September 9th, 2009, 8:53 pm

damselfly wrote:Cool. Anything positive like that coming from someone with the honorific "Dr." works in my book. B) I did 10k, but it certainly wasn't my best. :P
LOL, don't let the "Dr." influence you...but, I DID get a good nights sleep at a Holiday Inn Express, if THAT makes a difference. :lol:

Mike
always learning...

michaelc
500m Poster

Post by michaelc » September 10th, 2009, 7:43 am

MILLION METER CLUB! HERE I COME!

Only 6400m to ROW!

Kathy B see you soon at "Club Million"! I hear it's where all cool people like to hang out! :lol:

Just Kidding, actually all the "cool" people hang out at the club just around the corner called "Club TimbukTOO"!

Livestrong..............Rowstrong.................TimbukTOO!

michaelc
Last edited by michaelc on September 10th, 2009, 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

cindyreck
Paddler

Post by cindyreck » September 10th, 2009, 8:12 am

This is funny! You guys are giving me some early morning humor and you don't even know it! Nice to follow your chatting. Loved your buzzed-up, caffeine-induced rant, Michael! Now that had me laughing! :D

oh, I know, you were talking about goals...I set my goal at 100,000/month, which gets me to 1 million in under a year. So, to get that 100K/mo. I just have to do 25K per week, which is 5 days of ~5K each, and that only takes me <25 min. per workout. Easy peasy. I don't have much time to row. This is how it usually goes: I get on the erg and warm-up. No problems. I start some kind of interval workout and next thing I know, "Mom, can I have some milk?"; "Mom, Annie's punching me"; "Waaaah, waaaah" (translation: I want to get up and I have a poopie in my diaper) Good times. :roll:

Onto my erg I go....

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!!

PinkPincess
Paddler

We will be gone for a while

Post by PinkPincess » September 10th, 2009, 9:56 am

:cry: Gerry and I did the our final rows we'll be doing for a while. Tomorrow our beloved rowing machine will be put into it's little dark box and then go inside a bigger dark box and just sit there waiting for us to find a new home. We are taking the data card with us and hopefully we will find some Concept 2's along the way so we can get some rowing in during our travels. Once we get settled into a new home, we'll be back! :wink:

michaelc
500m Poster

Post by michaelc » September 10th, 2009, 9:57 am

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I'm at work now and I should be doing something other than posting on this forum. But I was also late getting to work. :shock:

...................................................someone's coming shhhhhhhhhhh...................................................pause, pause, pause,...................................................... they finally left that was close....................................................................hate it being the boss and i have to set a good example for the workers all the time.................................................................................

but I had to reach my lifetime Million meters!!!!!! B)

okay, maybe I'm making a big deal out of this, since our fearless captain is probably sitting back looking at the million as if it's just a good starting point, thinking.......
shut up and keep rowing you mangy sea dogs!!!!
, as she's been flinging food at me all week trying to distract my unwaivering focus :shock: :shock: :shock:

By the way if you have a facebook account, check out the food fights, it's getting really messy around this place!!!!!!!!

Livestrong...................Rowstrong.................TimbukTOO!

michaelc