Yes
89%
No
11%

Total votes: 9

JohnFlynn
Paddler

Post by JohnFlynn » June 3rd, 2007, 8:43 pm

You could row lightweight (165 I believe). So train hard and get that 2k down!
146lbs
LP: 1:21 / 2k: 6:57

George Dunning
1k Poster

Post by George Dunning » June 3rd, 2007, 9:59 pm

Your times are irrelevant, you should go because you want to take part in the experience, meet people, learn from others and about yourself.

There is only ever going to be one winner in a class and all the others are participants, and not everyone who should win will win, but I have read the reports of enough people who went there with an attitude of getting the most out of it, coming away feeling like great and grateful that they took part. For most the race is all over in minutes but the memories of the camaraderie last a life time :!:

Set your goals, train hard, push your boundaries .... take part and be a better person and rower for the effort and experience

george
'Salaam aleykum'

bscastro
500m Poster

Post by bscastro » June 4th, 2007, 10:00 am

Hey there,

I think you should definitely go for it. I am training for it, and I pretty much know I won't be winning any medals, but it is a goal to train for and a motivational tool. For example, I initially set my goal for 8 min. 2k (not great, but my previous best at the time was 8:37). In two months of training, I cut it down to 7:55.6. So now I reset my goal for 7:30. It is a process, but setting a long-range goal will definitely boost your motivation and results.

Best regards,
Bryan

John Hendrie
1k Poster

Post by John Hendrie » June 4th, 2007, 10:51 am

I agree with the others - don't go to win a hammer, go for the experience of a lifetime. I have not been to the CRASH Bs but have competed in 3 local qualifiers over the years (Golden State IRC). I did not win anything beyond a wonderful experience. Go for it
Proud member of the Ancient Mariners.

You don't stop laughing because you grow old,
You grow old because you stop laughing!!!

Completed circumnavigation of the globe 26 November 2011