Clunking Sound Coming From The Fly Wheel Area ..

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] SpaCityBulldog

Product

Post by [old] SpaCityBulldog » June 25th, 2005, 1:47 pm

I'm getting an occasional clunking sound from my Model D like when you have a quarter in the dryer. Someimes you hear it. Other times you don't.<br /><br />I've taken the side off covering the flywheel and everything looks normal. No lose or broken parts banging around there.<br /><br />Any ideas?<br /><br />

[old] BobD

Product

Post by [old] BobD » June 26th, 2005, 2:52 am

Check the shock cords, sometimes they slip to the outside and slap against the I-Beam on recovery. Makes it hard to locate, may not be in the flywheel at all. <br /><br /><!--QuoteBegin-SpaCityBulldog+Jun 25 2005, 12:47 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(SpaCityBulldog @ Jun 25 2005, 12:47 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I'm getting an occasional clunking sound from my Model D like when you have a quarter in the dryer.  Someimes you hear it.  Other times you don't.<br /><br />I've taken the side off covering the flywheel and everything looks normal.  No lose or broken parts banging around there.<br /><br />Any ideas? <br /> </td></tr></table><br />

[old] C2Shawn

Product

Post by [old] C2Shawn » June 27th, 2005, 9:36 am

<!--QuoteBegin-SpaCityBulldog+Jun 25 2005, 12:47 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(SpaCityBulldog @ Jun 25 2005, 12:47 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I'm getting an occasional clunking sound from my Model D like when you have a quarter in the dryer.  Someimes you hear it.  Other times you don't.<br /><br />I've taken the side off covering the flywheel and everything looks normal.  No lose or broken parts banging around there.<br /><br />Any ideas? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hi,<br /><br />You can also remove the flywheel and check behind it. With the outer cover off, remove the nut on the end of the axle and slide the wheel off. There are a few fasteners and other goodies behind the wheel. Look for anything amiss.<br /><br />Shawn<br />

[old] SpaCityBulldog

Product

Post by [old] SpaCityBulldog » July 6th, 2005, 9:03 pm

I found the "problem." LOL<br /><br />First of all you should know that I have a profound hearing loss and when I do anything that causes me to sweat I have to take out my hearing aids because the moisture will absolutely destroy them. I also have a problem pin pointing just where sounds are coming from.<br /><br />So when I hear this sound I know it has to be loud and it seemed to me that it was coming from the front of the C2.<br /><br />So when it started again I asked my wife to come in and tell me just exactly where it's coming from. The flywheel or the shock cords.<br /><br />"Neither," she says. "It' s coming from under your feet. " <br /><br />The heel cups occasionally were slipping off and slapping back on the foot plate. <br /><br /><br /><br /> <br />