Bungy Life Expectancy

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Gonz

Product

Post by [old] Gonz » August 29th, 2004, 6:11 am

What is the life expectancy of the bungy?<br><br>Cheers Gonz; I look forward to & appreciate your replies

[old] Pete Marston

Product

Post by [old] Pete Marston » August 29th, 2004, 6:14 am

Don't know the answer, but believe it is longer on the model D than the C because of the arrangement of the bungees. There is one in my gym that needs new bungees, the rest are fine, and they have all done many thousands of km over a number of years.

[old] John Rupp

Product

Post by [old] John Rupp » August 29th, 2004, 5:59 pm

I changed the bungee on my model B after 15 million meters.<br><br>The bungee was quite frayed and not all that clean, but otherwise was fine.<br><br>I had previously adjusted the length of it once, around 10-12 million meters, to make sure the handle would go up to the cage.<br><br>An older bungee is actually better for rowing, as it stretches out over a longer length, and thus provides less resistance on the drive.<br><br>This was quite noticeable after I'd changed them, i.e. there was greater resistance with the new bungee than the old one.

[old] c2jonw

Product

Post by [old] c2jonw » August 30th, 2004, 7:41 am

Gonz- The C&D bungees are the same material and arrangement, and are a significant improvement over the A&B arrangement due to larger pulleys and reduced stretching. Tough to quantify life expectancy because of so many variables, but typically health clubs and other institutions get at least several months of use out of a bungee and individuals get years. Hope this helps......Jon W