Wolverine Plan

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Rowingrunner

Training

Post by [old] Rowingrunner » December 24th, 2005, 10:03 pm

I'm sorry to cause any inconvenience. Many people seem to be reccomending the Wolverine Plan, but upon looking at the Discussion Thread I didn't receive any straightforward introductory answers, it was more for people that understood the plan. Is there anywhere I could find a basic intro to the plan to see what it focuses on and requires, as well as information about the different levels? Thanks

[old] arakawa

Training

Post by [old] arakawa » December 25th, 2005, 12:09 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Rowingrunner+Dec 24 2005, 09:03 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Rowingrunner @ Dec 24 2005, 09:03 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I'm sorry to cause any inconvenience.  Many people seem to be reccomending the Wolverine Plan, but upon looking at the Discussion Thread I didn't receive any straightforward introductory answers, it was more for people that understood the plan.  Is there anywhere I could find a basic intro to the plan to see what it focuses on and requires, as well as information about the different levels?  Thanks[right] </td></tr></table><br />The very first thing you have to do is read <a href='http://www.concept2.com/forums/wolverine_plan.htm' target='_blank'>the Wolverine Plan</a>. After you read the Plan, the discussion thread will make a lot more sense.<br /><br />Be advised - most of your initial questions have already been answered and may be found in either the Plan itself or in the discussion thread. Yes, there is a lot to read, but there is a tremendous amount of information in there. To quote the Plan's author,<br /><!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->If you don't have the discipline to READ it, you don't have the discipline to USE it. </td></tr></table><br />While the community welcomes your questions, we're much more inclined to answer new questions than re-answer old ones.

[old] raymond botha

Training

Post by [old] raymond botha » December 27th, 2005, 6:22 am

Hi there , did you come right ? For the same reason I went with the "Pete Plan" because I could get going immedietly with it. I think it really depends on where you are and what you want from your erging. By that I mean competing which I think is a natural progression and just reward for all your hard training.<br /><br />Erging can be as complicated as you like and perhaps there is a time for that but I personally started just wanting to condition my body . Once I started enjoying the erging I had a look at what everyone else was up to . Thats when it got confusing .<br /><br />Being too sceintific can take a lot of the fun out it for me. Exercise is a from of self expression and I think you have a say in what you want to do regards the process.<br /><br />Problem is everyone is different. Pick the one you identify best with. After all we learn from our mistakes. There's nothing like personal experience , and theres lots of time for that <br /><br />My motto "Keep it simple" . Enjoy the process. I also find the concept2 uk site very informative.<br /><br />Best of luck<br />Ray <br />