Who Rows In The Morning?

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Laupi

Training

Post by [old] Laupi » September 24th, 2005, 4:01 pm

Whats your favourite work out time?<br /><br />Personally I enjoy evenings - in the morning I feel dizzi and grunchy - could only handle a work-out after my first coffee.......

[old] Citroen

Training

Post by [old] Citroen » September 24th, 2005, 6:01 pm

I don't have a chance in the evenings (my wife works Mon through Thu).<br /><br />It's 10K on my bike round trip to the gym so weekday lunchtimes are less than ideal. <br /><br />So, I row in the mornings between 06:30 and 08:10 so I can get home (5k ride) eat breakfast and start work before 09:00.

[old] ebolton

Training

Post by [old] ebolton » September 24th, 2005, 7:40 pm

Coffemaker on timer for 4:15 A<br /><br />Alarm clock set at 4:30<br /><br />Wake, have some coffee, sometimes a granola bar.<br /><br />Start workout at 5:00, have about an hour till the rest of the house comes alive.<br /><br />6:15 to 6:30, hound the kid to get ready for the bus. Dressed in drenched workout clothes.<br /><br />Wife and kid out at 6:30, have 45 minutes to shower antd eat breakfast, then off to work myself.<br /><br />I sometimes have more available time in the evening, but it's not very often and not predictable. That's why I keep my workout time in the morning.<br /><br />Wish I needed less sleep. 4:30 is t=0 for me, and even that is tough by the end of the week.<br /><br />Ed

[old] Annabassand

Training

Post by [old] Annabassand » September 25th, 2005, 1:30 am

Hi<br /><br />I have some flexibility in my job (teaching at a business school). So my workouts have to fit in with my teaching schedule. I love working out at 10 or 11 (2-3 hours after breakfast) or a couple of hours after lunch. If I have a full day at work I usually prefer working out before dinner. <br /><br />I have great difficulty in working out in the evening. First of all because I feel fatigued at evening + it always takes me a few hours to calm down afterwards (which isn't always practical) <br /><br />/Anna

[old] FrankJ

Training

Post by [old] FrankJ » September 25th, 2005, 6:37 am

My workday starts at 6:00 AM so I normally row right after work but that isn't my preferred rowing time. <br /><br />On days when I'm home I prefer to row between 9:00 AM and noon as that is when I feel the best rowing. <br /><br />Frank

[old] Will

Training

Post by [old] Will » September 25th, 2005, 6:48 am

I row early in the morning before work - usually around 5:15 AM. I can't say this is my favorite time to row, but I usually do not have another choice. My work day usually runs from 7AM to 6PM with late night meetings several days a week. I am too tired to row after work.

[old] Sleepy_Floyd

Training

Post by [old] Sleepy_Floyd » September 25th, 2005, 10:56 am

I'm a night person, so lately, I've been rowing late at night, starting after 11:00PM. sometimes the entire excersize session runs til 1:00 PM, so technically thats early morning. But I didnt see a choice for that time in your poll.

[old] neilb

Training

Post by [old] neilb » September 25th, 2005, 1:14 pm

get to gym between 6:45 and 7:00 including weekends. Row for 60 min total the off to work (where I start with bowl of cereal and banana - but still need a coffee.)<br /><br />My working day is too unpredictable and usually long to allow me to train in the evenings. Also gym is much busier in evening and I prefer to be alone to focus on what I am doing.<br /><br />Neil

[old] atineb

Training

Post by [old] atineb » September 26th, 2005, 8:02 am

hehe<br /><br />there was no categorie for mine as I do both early morning 5:30am after breaky.. then I have a second one and after school at 4:00pm before dinner<br /><br />I love rowing at around lunchtime... 1:00pm or 2:00pm in the autumn/spring when the temperature is just right.. around 18 degrees celcius that is.. mmm peeeerfect!

[old] RowedandRode

Training

Post by [old] RowedandRode » September 26th, 2005, 9:04 am

<br />Up at 4.30-4.45 am<br />Empty stomach<br />On rower by 5.00<br />Weights from 6.00-6.30<br /><br />Sometimes:<br />row 30 min, 5.00-5.30<br />Run 1 hour till 6.30<br /><br />Breakfast at 6.45 - "recovery" meal: <br />1 c. skim milk, 1 sc. protein powder, 1/2 c. fruit (banana, mango, strawberry, blueberry, peach, etc.), 1 T ground flax seed, wheat bran or psyllium husks<br /><br /><br /><br />

[old] bw1099

Training

Post by [old] bw1099 » September 26th, 2005, 10:23 pm

"Between breakfast" would be my best answer. I need something before I row, or I won't have any energy at all. Typically I have some sort of cereal bar or breakfast square. Then row. Drink a pint of water. Then have the real breakfast - one or two of the following: bagel, yogurt, cereal, power bar.<br /><br />bw

[old] chispaislas

Training

Post by [old] chispaislas » September 30th, 2005, 10:34 pm

Wake up at 4.30, get dressed and go to row....on water at 5am till 7, then get to university and after university eat in 10 minutes and sleep about 1hr, go back to row for few more hours , come back home, have dinner and sleep for the next day!<br />Love rowing....the hardest part of the day is waking up!!!!!

[old] dneiss

Training

Post by [old] dneiss » October 1st, 2005, 1:22 pm

I started doing something different.<br /><br />I now try to do 2.5k in the morning, after breakfast, and then do my regular 7.5k when I get home, before dinner. Thats lets me get in 10k a day now. I know it would be better to do the 10k all at once, but its just too boring for me to go that whole time in one shot.

[old] Laupi

Training

Post by [old] Laupi » October 3rd, 2005, 5:54 pm

Looks like nearly 50 % of people row in te morning..... quite a surprise to me. I wonder how I could manage this - but in the morning I gnerally feel so weak that I can not really get going. What are your tricks? Is my blood pressure just too low in the morning? How could this be overcome? Any good suggestion is welcome.... or do I just go to bed too late to be fresh enough for a morning row? How many hours do you generally sleep to be fit enough for as morning row?<br /><br />Thanks in advance for your advise.

[old] John Rupp

Training

Post by [old] John Rupp » October 3rd, 2005, 7:00 pm

Yes, staying up late would put a damper on how strong you feel when you wake.<br /><br />Eating a lot of stimulating foods in the evenings would also make you feel tired in the mornings.<br /><br />You should be feeling better and stronger in the mornings, since you've been resting and sleeping all night.