Goals And Weekly Training

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] tlsully

Training

Post by [old] tlsully » July 10th, 2004, 3:03 pm

We all have our own training programs to help us acheive our unique goals. I was wondering what your goals were and what your weekly training included.<br><br>My goal is to lose about 20 pounds, keep my cholesterol and blood pressure down and have enough energy be actively play with my little kids.<br><br>My weekly exercise program has been to bike, jog or row for 5-6 days a week. I also lift weights periodically. Based on the recent posts about loosing fat I'm going to change my program a bit, and actively incorporate weight trainging into my program to twice a week.

[old] Pete Marston

Training

Post by [old] Pete Marston » July 10th, 2004, 3:19 pm

My goal is to row 2k in under 6mins before I turn 30.<br><br>To achieve this I follow my own training plan and have been getting consistantly faster since I began erging.<br><br>Pete

[old] Sir Pirate

Training

Post by [old] Sir Pirate » July 10th, 2004, 3:44 pm

My aim is to hold 1:35.9 pace for 15 minutes 59 seconds.<br><br>At the moment I am following a strict training schedule in the build up to the U.K Indoor Rowing Grand Prix.<br><br>Sir Pirate

[old] Thomas

Training

Post by [old] Thomas » July 11th, 2004, 5:56 am

Instead of trying to break 16 minutes for 5k, it might be easier to try and break 20 minutes for 6k, unless you have already done that.<br><br>

[old] eurofoot13

Training

Post by [old] eurofoot13 » July 11th, 2004, 3:13 pm

right now I am learning how to row in an eight, SO different than a four, and my goal is to win freshman four/eight at Dad Vails, and be sub 6:45 as a lightweight by crash-b's in february<br><br>I'm basically just doing general base fitness now, in the fall I'll work up to 5/6 K power pieces, then I'll focus on the 2K specific stuff starting in november

[old] Godfried

Training

Post by [old] Godfried » August 6th, 2004, 6:43 pm

March 1, my goal was simple: loose about 110 pounds.<br><br>August 1, life is more complicated : <br>fat has gone from 41% to 34% ( about 37 pounds ) ;<br>total weight : 30 pounds are gone ;<br>I want more !<br><br>So I have added another goal : <br>be on the first page of every ranking ( in my age - gender - weight class ).<br><br>Only 10 out of 10 distances to go .<br><br>My pace has to improve :<br>for the 21097 from 2:09,2 to 2:07,1 ;<br>for the 60min from 2:04,7 to 2:01,9 ;<br>the other distances are a bigger problem, <b>see <a href='http://concept2.van-diepen.nl/pace-graph-20040806.pdf' target='_blank'>light-blue must be under brown</a>.</b><br><br>It will be a long travel .<br><br>I try to row 4 times a week:<br><br>WU 5min 1200m<br>EX 30min 7000m twice<br>CD 5min 1100m<br><br>And when I feel like it I replace a 30min with a PB-effort.

[old] John Rupp

Training

Post by [old] John Rupp » August 6th, 2004, 7:39 pm

My goal is to better my times from 500 meters though 21.1k.<br><br>My training is 24k each morning, consisting of repetitions twice a week or every third day, and the other days easy.<br><br>It is quite humid this summer, so I'm focusing on training and will go for some PB's when the conditions are more agreeable.

[old] yogieatspies

Training

Post by [old] yogieatspies » August 9th, 2004, 7:08 am

My aim is to break 6000m in 20 min before I get married in March (and then lose my fitness on the honeymoon).

LindaM

Training

Post by LindaM » August 9th, 2004, 8:11 am

My goals are to maintain recent weight loss of 25 pounds and improve fitness and strength. Yesterday on my home machine I rowed 11753 m for the 60 minute piece at DF130. I usually row at a lower DF, but found I could row a comfortable 26-27spm at a faster pace than usual. Will try to use DF130 for shorter intervals too, and see if I can build some more muscle.

[old] Bill

Training

Post by [old] Bill » August 9th, 2004, 10:37 pm

Hello,<br><br>Goal is 2k in 7:00 or less and maybe perhaps one day to see a shadow of my abs peeking through the fatty layer ?<br><br>Associated with 7:00 are the appropriate times for all distances following the 5 second estimation<br><br>Doing approx 48k per week of training pieces and 12k warmups warmdowns<br><br>Oh yeah and to beat TomHz and PeterB at everything.<br><br>Bill

[old] tomhz

Training

Post by [old] tomhz » August 10th, 2004, 6:38 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Bill+Aug 10 2004, 02:37 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td class='genmed'><span class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></span> (Bill @ Aug 10 2004, 02:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><br>Oh yeah and to beat TomHz and PeterB at everything.<br><!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><br> <br><br>Go for it, Bill.<br><br>TomHz

[old] raverlaw

Training

Post by [old] raverlaw » August 18th, 2004, 1:44 pm

My goal is to LIVE.<br><br>I had open heart surgery February 20 to replace a defective aortic valve. I now sport an artificial valve and have been walking/jogging/running to get in shape and lose some weight.<br><br>I started erging August 2 when my wife surprised me with a new Model D for my 50th birthday.<br><br>I've lost 28 pounds since the day of the surgery and would like to lose about 5 more, plus tone up all muscle groups (abs too ) and build stamina.<br><br>I do a short calisthenics routine in the morning (stomach crunches, leg lifts, squats, toe lifts and push ups) to warm up and then try to row a variety of workouts for 20-30 minutes. In the evenings, I alternate a 5k run (very hilly here) with 30-45 minutes on the erg. <br><br>So far, I feel great and am seeing results from the erg already. And it is a lot kinder to my knees than running...

[old] Guido B

Training

Post by [old] Guido B » August 21st, 2004, 8:25 am

My goal is to follow a have a certain discipline till 30 september and then to evaluate the benefits of it:<br><br>Continue my group workout classes 2x week.<br>Continue rowing 3x week: 1 long piece, pieces to work endurance ex 2000 m a litle above PB, intervals with short bursts. <br>On off days do some exercises to build core strenght and stretch; my hamstrings are very tight and a fitness-coach warned this could lead to lower back problems.<br> <br><br>Stop watching TV until late at night; instead get plenty of sleep.<br><br>Join and go to the local Toastmaster club to work to get over my shyness <br><br>If I hang on till 30 september, I'll give myself a treat. I don't know how yet, maybe a meal in a fancy restaurant.

[old] TedCG

Training

Post by [old] TedCG » August 22nd, 2004, 12:40 am

My >Major<goal is to finish my 2 milion meters by New Years Eve. This turns into minor goals of staying healthy, not getting distracted, and spending between 30 and 60 minutes every day pulling the chain. Sub-goals included doing a marathon, and doing enough speed work to post new PB's at 2K and 30 minutes. My Super-Major goal is to be fit, healthy, disciplined, and erging long enough to move into an age bracket where my sorry times will be competative.

[old] debs

Training

Post by [old] debs » August 22nd, 2004, 10:57 am

11 weeks ago I started going to the gym with my husband 5 days a week. I do weights every workout, plus cardio.<br><br>My primary goal is to keep doing this indefinitely! <br><br>I just had my annual physical. My cholesterol, CRP, resting pulse and blood pressure numbers are all great. This is important to me given the health history of literally all of my older siblings.<br><br>Friday night I went shopping for new pants. I have been wearing a size 12 for many years - Friday night I had to buy size 8's (and one size 6). Since I've been size 12 forever, I had to try on clothes at several different stores to validate my new size <br><br>My secondary goal is to reach a size 4 - and I can see it coming very quickly and very easily if I keep up my habits.<br><br>My husband's only issue is eating enough calories every day for continued weight gain - must be nice!