I Don’t Want Any Trouble

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Chad Williams

General

Post by [old] Chad Williams » January 24th, 2006, 9:54 am

I know I said in my last post that I feel I have no place on this forum, I do how ever still feel that a few questions still need asking.<br /><br />Over the weekend Dwayne rowed a 2000m in 5.46.2, this has been proved by way of an IND_V code from the PM3 he used for the row. I can not argue that fact, I asked for proof, and that is the closest we can get to proof as we stand today. I am not questioning Dwayne’s row in any way or form before people start attacking me. I fully accept that it met with the criteria that I set out in my original post, and C2 are happy with it.<br />This is the only row on the rankings that Dwayne has used the IND_V verification code as proof and it turned out to be his fastest.<br /><br />I would ask a question though- Dwayne said he would also take a screen shot of the row, I wondered if he did this as I would very much like to see it. It is not often you get to see a 5.46.2 on a PM3 display screen unless you are at some sort of major competition. Nothing has been mentioned since the row was confirmed; I think we must have all got caught up in the excitement of it all.<br />So, if there are any pictures taken by witnesses (if there where any people watching the row? This is a question and not worded as an accusation) then it would be great to see them.<br /><br />A guy named chickenlegs on this forum made a point about maybe more than 1 person could row a continuous 2000m piece, sort of changing over during the row. I think this is a good point and I would be interested to know how the PM3 IND_V firmware would react to that sort of row, would it be picked up by the PM3? Maybe someone at C2 has an answer to this, or there are 3 or 4 people that would like to try it out.<br />Once again I am not saying this is what Dwayne did, I am asking if it is possible for it to be done, so please don’t attack me on this issue either.<br /><br />My next point.<br />I think that it is essential for Dwayne to at least get one good competition race behind him. When you are pulling the sort of times that he is, racing against people of equal or better ability will bring that little bit more out of you (I am guessing this, as I have never raced before).<br />If you have the ability to set a World Record then I think that you should try your best to reach that goal.<br />I for one would enjoy watching Dwayne Adams competing against the likes of the Graham Benton’s of this world on the indoor rowing World stage. If you are devoted to the sport as Dwayne seems to be, how can that not appeal to you? I think the majority of us who would be lucky enough to be in that position would jump at the chance. Dwayne must have his own reasons for not wanting to perform at a race at a high level; this is a shame for us all.<br />Dwayne could be a World Champion in the 40-49Hwts or even has a chance of being a medallist in the Open category at BiRC or Boston.<br /><br />I put a lot of secrecy around my rows and training; I did not want to give out information of my times as I do not have any proof of them, that is why I do not log any of my times or distances. When I train it is just me and my C2. I do not have a PM3 either.<br /><br />I thought that I may be a bit of competition for Dwayne and Andreas, this is one of the reasons I questioned the proof of the times, but after this weekend Dwayne is just that bit to far ahead of me. I will improve, but not to below 5.50<br /><br />I have never raced, but have 2 goals, to race in BiRC 2006 and Boston 2007.<br /><br />

[old] hjs

General

Post by [old] hjs » January 24th, 2006, 10:02 am

chad,<br /><br />I think you should let it go, If you did read the postings attented to dwayne you could see that most of the people still think mwa, I would like to see him do that in a real race. <br /><br />Until than we will have to wait. I myself only look at race results, I do now of some other people who have ranked times that are a bit .............. you know what I mean.<br /><br /><br />I also think you have a place hear, you don't have to buddy buddy with everybody. <br />

[old] Daren C

General

Post by [old] Daren C » January 24th, 2006, 10:06 am

Let it go.

[old] hjs

General

Post by [old] hjs » January 24th, 2006, 10:07 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Daren C+Jan 24 2006, 03:06 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Daren C @ Jan 24 2006, 03:06 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Let it go. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />I agree

[old] hjs

General

Post by [old] hjs » January 24th, 2006, 10:21 am

chad are you planning to do other races to? Or do you want to come out of the blue all of a sudden during Birc next year?<br />

[old] Mark Keating

General

Post by [old] Mark Keating » January 24th, 2006, 10:22 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 24 2006, 08:54 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 24 2006, 08:54 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Dwayne must have his own reasons for not wanting to perform at a race at a high level; this is a shame for us all. <br /> </td></tr></table><br />I'll agree with you on the first part Chad. Dwayne has his reasons and I choose to respect them.<br /><br />But my eternal happiness does not depend on Dwayne rowing in public to prove himself. There are more important things in life IMO.<br /><br />Regards, <br />Mark

[old] PaulS

General

Post by [old] PaulS » January 24th, 2006, 10:58 am

Don't bother easing into the forum, if you have something to contribute, come on in, I can't see any grudges being held. If you want a place here, you have one, it's rather easy going, most of the time.<br /><br />I mentioned something about the screen-shot, but have no idea if one exists. Still "Don't care". <br /><br />Since the 100K team challenge was done at an average pace that exceeds all official WR's for 2k's, there is no reason to believe that a 2k couldn't be done by a team and the machine would have no way of knowing, unless there is a stroke by stroke log that would show some anomalies that would surely occur during the swap. That the "Single Distance" can be distinguished is a pretty good safeguard for the interval bug.<br /><br />Heading to indoor competitions is really an individuals choice, it's not exactly like Rowing on the water where conditions come into play. The Machine is repeatable from any living room/gym/etc... in the world, the performance can be done, or it can't. Being around crowds, getting a bit of metal, and a pat on the back is made accessible for those that want that sort of thing, but it's not exactly a character flaw for that to not be a priority, is it?<br /><br /><!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I put a lot of secrecy around my rows and training; I did not want to give out information of my times as I do not have any proof of them, that is why I do not log any of my times or distances. When I train it is just me and my C2. I do not have a PM3 either.<br /> </td></tr></table><br />Seriously, that's how this all started. Your word is really enough, and your times are not "impossible to believe", are they? Even if they were questioned, you would still know the "truth" wouldn't you? This just ain't that serious. <br /><!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I thought that I may be a bit of competition for Dwayne and Andreas, this is one of the reasons I questioned the proof of the times, but after this weekend Dwayne is just that bit to far ahead of me. I will improve, but not to below 5.50<br /><br />I have never raced, but have 2 goals, to race in BiRC 2006 and Boston 2007. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />If you are thinking you would be a bit of competition, my bet would be that you would be, there are still variables of travel, illness, nerves, etc... Which would be nice to eliminate, but even those things effect people differently, something that hurts one, might enhance another. And anyway, the loudest cheering I've ever heard at an Ergatta is being done for the valiant souls that suffer the longest rather than the shortest. <br /><br />Would Dwayne's being secretive have been better for you? What if you knew you were 10 seconds faster than Dwaynes ranked time based on your own machine, 15, 20.... Does that change anything? Seems you would either want to officially produce the performance in public or not, and that is purely an individual choice.<br /><br />Cheers.

[old] mpukita

General

Post by [old] mpukita » January 24th, 2006, 11:23 am

<!--QuoteBegin-PaulS+Jan 24 2006, 10:58 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(PaulS @ Jan 24 2006, 10:58 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Don't bother easing into the forum, if you have something to contribute, come on in,  I can't see any grudges being held.  If you want a place here, you have one, it's rather easy going, most of the time. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Agreed Paul ... I was the most vociferous here on this matter, and I hold no grudges ... life is too short ... I do feel we all shared some deeply held feelings and beliefs in a (relatively) polite manner ... as well as some intellectually challenging exchanges ... one can't read these forums and say (rowing) athletes are egg heads!<br /><br />

[old] Dickie

General

Post by [old] Dickie » January 24th, 2006, 12:41 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 24 2006, 09:54 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 24 2006, 09:54 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I know I said in my last post that I feel I have no place on this forum, I do how ever still feel that a few questions still need asking.<br /><br />Over the weekend Dwayne rowed a 2000m in 5.46.2, this has been proved by way of an IND_V code from the PM3 he used for the row. I can not argue that fact, I asked for proof, and that is the closest we can get to proof as we stand today. I am not questioning Dwayne’s row in any way or form before people start attacking me. I fully accept that it met with the criteria that I set out in my original post, and C2 are happy with it.<br />This is the only row on the rankings that Dwayne has used the IND_V verification code as proof and it turned out to be his fastest.<br /><br />I would ask a question though- Dwayne said he would also take a screen shot of the row, I wondered if he did this as I would very much like to see it. It is not often you get to see a 5.46.2 on a PM3 display screen unless you are at some sort of major competition. Nothing has been mentioned since the row was confirmed; I think we must have all got caught up in the excitement of it all.<br />So, if there are any pictures taken by witnesses (if there where any people watching the row? This is a question and not worded as an accusation) then it would be great to see them.<br /><br />A guy named chickenlegs on this forum made a point about maybe more than 1 person could row a continuous 2000m piece, sort of changing over during the row. I think this is a good point and I would be interested to know how the PM3 IND_V firmware would react to that sort of row, would it be picked up by the PM3? Maybe someone at C2 has an answer to this, or there are 3 or 4 people that would like to try it out.<br />Once again I am not saying this is what Dwayne did, I am asking if it is possible for it to be done, so please don’t attack me on this issue either.<br /><br />My next point.<br />I think that it is essential for Dwayne to at least get one good competition race behind him. When you are pulling the sort of times that he is, racing against people of equal or better ability will bring that little bit more out of you (I am guessing this, as I have never raced before).<br />If you have the ability to set a World Record then I think that you should try your best to reach that goal.<br />I for one would enjoy watching Dwayne Adams competing against the likes of the Graham Benton’s of this world on the indoor rowing World stage. If you are devoted to the sport as Dwayne seems to be, how can that not appeal to you? I think the majority of us who would be lucky enough to be in that position would jump at the chance. Dwayne must have his own reasons for not wanting to perform at a race at a high level; this is a shame for us all.<br />Dwayne could be a World Champion in the 40-49Hwts or even has a chance of being a medallist in the Open category at BiRC or Boston.<br /><br />I put a lot of secrecy around my rows and training; I did not want to give out information of my times as I do not have any proof of them, that is why I do not log any of my times or distances. When I train it is just me and my C2. I do not have a PM3 either.<br /><br />I thought that I may be a bit of competition for Dwayne and Andreas, this is one of the reasons I questioned the proof of the times, but after this weekend Dwayne is just that bit to far ahead of me. I will improve, but not to below 5.50<br /><br />I have never raced, but have 2 goals, to race in BiRC 2006 and Boston 2007. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I agree with most of your points, but unfortunately, they are the nature of the beast and can only be solved by open public competition where the machines are provided by a disinterested third party (at least disinterested in individual performances) and are witnessed by the public at large. <br /><br />The world record list has stated requirements although I have a problem with allowing records from closed National Team Trials. In other Sports team selections are made by open competition at public events. But if these are the rules, then I am OK with them as long as they apply to everyone.<br /><br />The ranking lists are for everyone else and the only requirement is honor. If I am not mistaken, they are there for you to list your best times that year, in competition or in training. This makes them informal. If things are changed so that only competitive rows are eligible, then the rankings will not be available for most of the year and will contain precious few entries in the lists for everything other than the 2000m distance. <br /><br />If you really are the competitive type who need more proof, then might I suggest the results pages of the various regional and world competitions as your yardstick, isn't that what you are suggesting we do with the online rankings anyway.<br /><br />I would suggest the following.<br /><br />For the elite, the competitive, compare yourselves to the world records and race results from the various regional, national and world competitions, these results are above reproach.<br /><br />For everyone else, continue to use the online ranking for its intended purpose, as a means to compare yourself to the rest of us who don't race or to provide motivation.<br /><br />PS. For the elite and the competitive, please also post on the online rankings, your time, although unattainable by most of us are still a great motivating factor.<br /><br />Finally, I do agree with most others in that it is past time to "Let it go"<br /><br />

[old] Chad Williams

General

Post by [old] Chad Williams » January 24th, 2006, 2:40 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-hjs+Jan 24 2006, 09:21 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(hjs @ Jan 24 2006, 09:21 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->chad are you planning to do other races to? Or do you want to come out of the blue all of a sudden during Birc next year? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I hope to make BiRC my 1st race. I want to row in the Open.<br /><br />

[old] PaulS

General

Post by [old] PaulS » January 24th, 2006, 2:55 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 24 2006, 10:40 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 24 2006, 10:40 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-hjs+Jan 24 2006, 09:21 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(hjs @ Jan 24 2006, 09:21 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->chad are you planning to do other races to? Or do you want to come out of the blue all of a sudden during Birc next year? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I hope to make BiRC my 1st race. I want to row in the Open. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Even as a 40+, or did I misinterpret the implication of your age being the same category as Dwayne and Andreas? What is your Age? Will you be the same age for BIRC 2006 and CRASH-B 2007?

[old] hennmart

General

Post by [old] hennmart » January 24th, 2006, 2:55 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 24 2006, 08:40 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 24 2006, 08:40 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-hjs+Jan 24 2006, 09:21 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(hjs @ Jan 24 2006, 09:21 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->chad are you planning to do other races to? Or do you want to come out of the blue all of a sudden during Birc next year? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I hope to make BiRC my 1st race. I want to row in the Open. <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Hi Chad,<br /><br />Nice that you stayed! You wrote a lot of good things (I enjoyed it). And yes I think you may ask questions; no problem at all. Most thinks, I really think, were asked in real sportsmanship. I hope that you will reveal some more of yourself.<br /><br />Hennie

[old] Chad Williams

General

Post by [old] Chad Williams » January 24th, 2006, 3:17 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-PaulS+Jan 24 2006, 01:55 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(PaulS @ Jan 24 2006, 01:55 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 24 2006, 10:40 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 24 2006, 10:40 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-hjs+Jan 24 2006, 09:21 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(hjs @ Jan 24 2006, 09:21 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->chad are you planning to do other races to? Or do you want to come out of the blue all of a sudden during Birc next year? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I hope to make BiRC my 1st race. I want to row in the Open. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Even as a 40+, or did I misinterpret the implication of your age being the same category as Dwayne and Andreas? What is your Age? Will you be the same age for BIRC 2006 and CRASH-B 2007? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I am 42 now, 43 in May.<br /><br />Yes, I would like to row in the Open at the age of 43. <br /><br /><br />

[old] PaulS

General

Post by [old] PaulS » January 24th, 2006, 3:50 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 24 2006, 11:17 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 24 2006, 11:17 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I am 42 now, 43 in May.<br /><br />Yes, I would like to row in the Open at the age of 43. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Not saying that you shouldn't, as I think it's always best to seek out the best competitive race for yourself, but why not race in the class you qualify for by age? Remember, if you get the fastest time of the day (generally the Open Winner, but wouldn't have to be), the Open guys will still know who was the fastest that day, adn you have a Gold Medal. If you're not the fastest of the day and race in the Open but are the fastest 40+, all the 40+'s will know you were faster than them, but there will be a guy with a Medal from the event that says he won the class on that day and it won't be you (and he might even been capable of being faster, no way to know, as you didn't "race" him.). i.e. You could row the piece in your home and it would have the same ultimate meaning. But then we would be right back to "why race indoors at all?", afterall, we don't find all top Olympians or World Cup Rowers showing up to these things, but is there any doubt they would produce some times which could be considered "unbelievable"?<br /><br />I'm just curious as to your thought processes on this.

[old] Hal Morgan

General

Post by [old] Hal Morgan » January 24th, 2006, 4:10 pm

"no place on this forum"<br /><br />I knew IT! I knew IT!<br /><br />