Dwyane Adams - Fake Or Real?

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Chad Williams

General

Post by [old] Chad Williams » January 16th, 2006, 7:11 am

I am 42 years old, a reasonably fit guy. I have been rowing many years. I have just been checking out the rankings on this site and other rowing logging sites the last few days.<br /><br />This guy Dwayne Adams can not be for real!!...............Can he?<br /><br />Is there any proof of his times? What’s the story?<br /><br />Not accusing him of cheating, but at 40+ years old pulling those sort of scores would make him one of the best athletes in the world.<br /><br />A poll to see if I am the only doubter is in order.<br /><br />Nothing personal or any offence meant.

[old] Daren C

General

Post by [old] Daren C » January 16th, 2006, 7:11 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 16 2006, 11:07 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 16 2006, 11:07 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Nothing personal or any offence meant. </td></tr></table><br /><br />You registered just for this? It seems personal to me, and I'd be offended if you questioned my integrity in the same way. Don't worry about it. I doubt his times, have any bearing upon your own.

[old] Chad Williams

General

Post by [old] Chad Williams » January 16th, 2006, 7:16 am

I have been on this forum for many months, Yes, I registered to make this point, it is my right to free speech as an American.<br />I would be interest in other people’s views, this is a discussion forum after all.<br /><br />You have expressed your view; other people will do the same, that’s how it works.<br />

[old] hjs

General

Post by [old] hjs » January 16th, 2006, 7:21 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Daren C+Jan 16 2006, 12:11 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Daren C @ Jan 16 2006, 12:11 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 16 2006, 11:07 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 16 2006, 11:07 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Nothing personal or any offence meant. </td></tr></table><br /><br />You registered just for this? It seems personal to me, and I'd be offended if you questioned my integrity in the same way. Don't worry about it. I doubt his times, have any bearing upon your own. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br /><br />mwa Darren. It would be nice to see some proof. Adams seems to be a league of his one but does not race. Doesn't that seem a bit od. Al he has to do is row ones in public, no matter what distance. <br />As fare as I now now he has races ones en didn,t deliver that time. So a bit of proof is welcome.

[old] Chad Williams

General

Post by [old] Chad Williams » January 16th, 2006, 7:32 am

Looking into past races, all be it not digging very deep, the best time I can find in a race for him is not even sub 7.<br /><br />Is my knowledge very limited with this guy, rowing under 5.50 for a 2000m he must be in a National boat!! He is quicker than a lot of our college guys.<br /><br />Hay, just educate me. I am just writing what I read from information that is available to all. Things sure do not seem to fall into place from were I am sitting.<br /><br />C2 must have proof of his rows as I believe he was part of the US Indoor rowing team a few years back.

[old] Daren C

General

Post by [old] Daren C » January 16th, 2006, 7:38 am

<!--QuoteBegin-hjs+Jan 16 2006, 11:21 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(hjs @ Jan 16 2006, 11:21 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->mwa Darren. It would be nice to see some proof. Adams seems to be a league of his one but does not race. Doesn't that seem a bit od. Al he has to do is row ones in public, no matter what distance. <br />As fare as I now now he has races ones en didn,t deliver that time.  So a bit of proof is welcome. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I don't know what "mwa" means.<br /><br />I also don't see why people appear so hung up on Dwayne's times on the CTC online rankings. If he's done them, he's done them. If he hasn't, he hasn't, and he isn't cheating anyone out of anything but "bragging rights". It's not as if medals are handed out at the end of each season, is it? Those that want medals can go and get them by racing in official events. I can think of many reasons why someone might not go and race (although he did compete in the World Masters in Endmonton last year, as I recall). I could understand people getting antsy about Dwayne's claimed yet unverified times if there was something riding on it.<br /><br />I don't know Dwayne, but he strikes me as a genuine fellow, and personally I don't care if his times are genuine or not. It has no bearing upon my own indoor rowing.

[old] NavigationHazard

General

Post by [old] NavigationHazard » January 16th, 2006, 7:39 am

If you look at the current 2k listings, you'll note an Ind-V after Dwayne's 6:03. That means the submitted time was verified as correct by a code generated by the PM3. You'll find the same verification for his 1:14.5 500m and his 2:40.5 1k. What more proof do you need?<br /><br />Dwayne did the 2k for the US IRT Development squad back around 1 November, IIRC after having taken several weeks off of training for a business trip to Asia. There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that he'd have been in the low 5:50s -- at least -- were it not for the interruption.<br />

[old] Daren C

General

Post by [old] Daren C » January 16th, 2006, 7:39 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 16 2006, 11:32 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 16 2006, 11:32 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Looking into past races, all be it not digging very deep, the best time I can find in a race for him is not even sub 7. </td></tr></table><br /><br />I've read, although I don't know if it's accurate, that Dwayne got injured during that race (or it might be a different one that he DNF, I'm not sure).<br />

[old] Chad Williams

General

Post by [old] Chad Williams » January 16th, 2006, 7:48 am

I am not the only doubter by the looks of it.<br /><br /><a href='http://concept2.ipbhost.com/index.php?s ... c=1194&hl=' target='_blank'>http://concept2.ipbhost.com/index.php?s ... 194&hl=</a>

[old] hjs

General

Post by [old] hjs » January 16th, 2006, 7:52 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Daren C+Jan 16 2006, 12:38 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Daren C @ Jan 16 2006, 12:38 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-hjs+Jan 16 2006, 11:21 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(hjs @ Jan 16 2006, 11:21 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->mwa Darren. It would be nice to see some proof. Adams seems to be a league of his one but does not race. Doesn't that seem a bit od. Al he has to do is row ones in public, no matter what distance. <br />As fare as I now now he has races ones en didn,t deliver that time.  So a bit of proof is welcome. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I don't know what "mwa" means.<br /><br />I also don't see why people appear so hung up on Dwayne's times on the CTC online rankings. If he's done them, he's done them. If he hasn't, he hasn't, and he isn't cheating anyone out of anything but "bragging rights". It's not as if medals are handed out at the end of each season, is it? Those that want medals can go and get them by racing in official events. I can think of many reasons why someone might not go and race (although he did compete in the World Masters in Endmonton last year, as I recall). I could understand people getting antsy about Dwayne's claimed yet unverified times if there was something riding on it.<br /><br />I don't know Dwayne, but he strikes me as a genuine fellow, and personally I don't care if his times are genuine or not. It has no bearing upon my own indoor rowing. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />mwa means I think differantly about you posting but can go alone white what your saying.<br />For you the rankings are not important, that'ok, It seems you are not that focussed on erging fast but just enjoying the works outs. For others is differand, They are much more focussed on erging as a sport and want a real ranking. That's also a valid point. It wouldn't be to difficult for dwayne to puplicly perform ones or twice. he rowes hours a day. It must be possible to get some witnesess. <br />

[old] hjs

General

Post by [old] hjs » January 16th, 2006, 7:54 am

<!--QuoteBegin-NavigationHazard+Jan 16 2006, 12:39 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(NavigationHazard @ Jan 16 2006, 12:39 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->If you look at the current 2k listings, you'll note an Ind-V after Dwayne's 6:03.  That means the submitted time was verified as correct by a code generated by the PM3.  You'll find the same verification for his 1:14.5 500m and his 2:40.5 1k.  What more proof do you need?<br /><br />Dwayne did the 2k for the US IRT Development squad back around 1 November, IIRC after having taken several weeks off of training for a business trip to Asia.  There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that he'd have been in the low 5:50s -- at least -- were it not for the interruption. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Thats proof enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <br /><br /> All credits to Him. Great athlete !!!!!!!!<br />

[old] Chad Williams

General

Post by [old] Chad Williams » January 16th, 2006, 8:04 am

<!--QuoteBegin-NavigationHazard+Jan 16 2006, 06:39 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(NavigationHazard @ Jan 16 2006, 06:39 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->If you look at the current 2k listings, you'll note an Ind-V after Dwayne's 6:03.  That means the submitted time was verified as correct by a code generated by the PM3.  You'll find the same verification for his 1:14.5 500m and his 2:40.5 1k.  What more proof do you need? </td></tr></table><br /><br />Not how I understood it at all. I recall reading on this forum that he had it witnessed by members of a gym. C2 then called up the gym and spoke to the people involved. I would not call that an independent witness. Maybe C2 can confirm if this is how it happened?<br /><br />Let’s hear from Dwayne, does he own a PM3 with the latest firm ware? I read on this forum that he only owns a PM2.<br /><br />See, lots of confusion about it all, if he rowed in public we would all know what the real deal is. <br />

[old] Chad Williams

General

Post by [old] Chad Williams » January 16th, 2006, 8:15 am

I have just looked at the C2 Online rankings, Why is Dwayne’s 6000m time of 19.16.2 not a verified row? If he has a PM3 verification unit, why did he not use it for that row, it did put him top of the 40-49 heavyweights after all.<br /><br />I have been informed that this row was for some league table based in the U.K, so it must be obvious that he was going to go all out on it.

[old] Daren C

General

Post by [old] Daren C » January 16th, 2006, 8:26 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Chad Williams+Jan 16 2006, 12:15 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Jan 16 2006, 12:15 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I have just looked at the C2 Online rankings, Why is Dwayne’s 6000m time of 19.16.2 not a verified row? If he has a PM3 verification unit, why did he not use it for that row, it did put him top of the 40-49 heavyweights after all.<br /><br />I have been informed that this row was for some league table based in the U.K, so it must be obvious that he was going to go all out on it. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Maybe he did it on a different machine, or simply didn't feel the need to go to the extra effort of getting the verification code out of it.<br /><br />The "league table" isn't "based in the UK" as such; more borne out of the UK C2 fora. <br /><br />I think you're an alt.

[old] Chad Williams

General

Post by [old] Chad Williams » January 16th, 2006, 8:29 am

It does not matter who I am, I am just expressing a view.