External Card Reader And Concept2 Logbook

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] mforge

General

Post by [old] mforge » December 8th, 2005, 10:38 pm

I just received my external card reader from C2, which I'm excited to use to load my logcard data into my Concept2 Logbook software, instead of having to detach and hook my PM3 monitor up to the computer each time.<br /><br />So far, however, I can't see anyway to do this! I thought the Logbook software would automatically recgnize the card reader the same way it recognized the PM3, but it does not.<br /><br />I hope there's something I'm missing. If the Logbook can't recognize the card reader, it's an almost useless device.<br /><br />m

[old] Citroen

General

Post by [old] Citroen » December 9th, 2005, 3:46 am

<!--QuoteBegin-mforge+Dec 9 2005, 02:38 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mforge @ Dec 9 2005, 02:38 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I hope there's something I'm missing. If the Logbook can't recognize the card reader, this it's an almost useless device.<br /><br />m <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />My OmniKey stand-alone card reader works perfectly using the <i>BETA</i> logcard utility that can be downloaded from <a href='ftp://ftp.concept2.com/public' target='_blank'>ftp://ftp.concept2.com/public</a>.<br /><br />The final, gold, generally available version of that utility still hasn't been released by C2. But the <i>beta</i> version runs well.

[old] jfo

General

Post by [old] jfo » December 9th, 2005, 5:06 am

Hi there.<br /><br />I have no experience with external card reader.<br /><br />You mention "Concept2 Logbook software" where can it find that?<br /><br />In the Concept2 ranking Logbook on the net it is not possible to record interval training passes like "10x1' AN" is that possible on the SW you mention?<br /><br />Br. Jfo<br />

[old] Jef

General

Post by [old] Jef » December 9th, 2005, 6:30 am

Jfo, if you download RowPro the log book comes as part of it. You can fill this in manually or by importing info from your machines monitor by conecting it to your comp.<br /><br />Althoughthe Row Pro software is a 10 use limited demo, the log book can continue tobe used indefinately.<br /><br />Find it here.<br /><br /><a href='http://www.digitalrowing.com/' target='_blank'>Row Pro home page link</a>

[old] jfo

General

Post by [old] jfo » December 9th, 2005, 6:58 am

Cool.<br />Thanks

[old] mforge

General

Post by [old] mforge » December 9th, 2005, 7:14 am

Yes, it's this software I was referring to in my original post. The card reader does work with the log card utility software, but that's not designed for tracking your training sessions. The Logbook software is far superior for this purpose.<br /><br /><br /><!--QuoteBegin-Jef+Dec 9 2005, 06:30 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Jef @ Dec 9 2005, 06:30 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Jfo, if you download RowPro the log book comes as part of it. You can fill this in manually or by importing info from your machines monitor by conecting it to your comp.<br /><br />Althoughthe Row Pro software is a 10 use limited demo, the log book can continue tobe used indefinately.<br /><br />Find it here.<br /><br /><a href='http://www.digitalrowing.com/' target='_blank'>Row Pro home page link</a> <br /> </td></tr></table>

[old] c2scott

General

Post by [old] c2scott » December 9th, 2005, 11:30 am

Folks:<br /><br />My appologies for not doing a better job of communicating. Life has been going a bit too fast, and international travel to the BIRC and Euro Open have slowed things down. Sorry for the whining, I'll stop now...<br /><br />Here's the deal:<br /><br />Download the latest version of the LogCard utility from Concept2's web site. This is NOT ver 2.5.x, but either the beta 2.9.x or soon to be release versions 3.0.x. Concept2 is putting some finishing touches on it (fixing things that are broken if you have multiple users on your computer and the like) so a new release is going to be very soon. <br /><br />To get up and running today, go to:<br /><br /><a href='http://www.concept2.com/05/rower/servic ... tility.asp' target='_blank'>LogCard Utility Home Page</a><br /><br />However I reccomend waiting for a few days and downloading the most recent version when it's available. You will see the release date and version # change when that happens. Should be very soon, could be today, could be sometime next week depending on how testing goes.<br /><br />The Mac version is also posted, but is also due for an update. At this time, the Mac version has VERY LIMITED external LogCard reader capability: Please read the release notes carefully before purchasing one for your Mac, or just wait for Ver 3.1 due sometime 1Q06 or 2Q06.<br /><br />-- Scott

[old] mforge

General

Post by [old] mforge » December 9th, 2005, 12:25 pm

Thanks for the update, Scott. But what about my originial inquiry: Does the Logbook software (not the LogCard Utility) work with the card reader?<br /><br /><!--QuoteBegin-c2scott+Dec 9 2005, 11:30 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(c2scott @ Dec 9 2005, 11:30 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Folks:<br /><br />My appologies for not doing a better job of communicating.  Life has been going a bit too fast, and international travel to the BIRC and Euro Open have slowed things down.  Sorry for the whining, I'll stop now...<br /><br />Here's the deal:<br /><br />Download the latest version of the LogCard utility from Concept2's web site.  This is NOT ver 2.5.x, but either the beta 2.9.x or soon to be release versions 3.0.x.  Concept2 is putting some finishing touches on it (fixing things that are broken if you have multiple users on your computer and the like) so a new release is going to be very soon.  <br /><br />To get up and running today, go to:<br /><br /><a href='http://www.concept2.com/05/rower/servic ... tility.asp' target='_blank'>LogCard Utility Home Page</a><br /><br />However I reccomend waiting for a few days and downloading the most recent version when it's available.  You will see the release date and version # change when that happens.  Should be very soon, could be today, could be sometime next week depending on how testing goes.<br /><br />The Mac version is also posted, but is also due for an update.  At this time, the Mac version has VERY LIMITED external LogCard reader capability: Please read the release notes carefully before purchasing one for your Mac, or just wait for Ver 3.1 due sometime 1Q06 or 2Q06.<br /><br />-- Scott <br /> </td></tr></table><br />

[old] c2scott

General

Post by [old] c2scott » December 9th, 2005, 12:33 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-mforge+Dec 9 2005, 11:25 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mforge @ Dec 9 2005, 11:25 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Thanks for the update, Scott. But what about my originial inquiry: Does the Logbook software (not the LogCard Utility) work with the card reader? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Good question. The LogBook program was written by DigitalRowing and is dependent on their development path. I do not have a good answer for you at this moment, although I think the answer is no. When I hear back from DigitalRowing I will post (unless they beat me to it). I would expect a future version of RowPro and the LogCard utility will eventually support it. I'm sorry this is probably not the news you wanted to hear...<br /><br />-- Scott<br />