Indoor Rowing And "celebrities"

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Xeno

General

Post by [old] Xeno » November 27th, 2005, 1:34 am

Every once in a while a major paper will mention indoor rowing and its benefits. For example, the Wall Street journal about a month ago, New York Times a couple days ago, and Last year in November in the LA Times feature story in the health section, when I sent in a press release.<br /><br />But to be honest the publicity for indoor rowing is smaller than the size of smaller Argentinian piss-ant.<br /><br />I have a superbly simple solution to let everyone know across the globe about indoor rowing and it lays west and north of L.A.<br /><br />ATTENTION jet set celebrities who need to lose/maintain weight and are sick and tired of pilates, spinning, power/sauna yoga.<br /><br />Not in the too distant past I read that Britney Spears uses a rowing machine (?!)<br /><br />John Travolta was found saying that he thinks twice about eating a hamburger because he knows how much time it would take him to row it off...<br /><br />WOW! I just came up with a cool idea. I am sure Warner Brothers, or some other movie studio pays for their employees health insurance and they care about a healthier work force.... Food for thought. But then again the celebrities that I am thinking of wouldn't train with the stage hands...<br /><br />I think I am going to turn my brain off for now.<br />XENO

[old] SlugButt

General

Post by [old] SlugButt » November 27th, 2005, 1:59 am

<br />Great idea - also, I'll bet many rowers and scullers would pay good money if you would make Brittany Spears erg until she pukes.

[old] Jef

General

Post by [old] Jef » November 27th, 2005, 10:20 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-SlugButt+Nov 27 2005, 06:59 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(SlugButt @ Nov 27 2005, 06:59 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Great idea - also, I'll bet many rowers and scullers would pay good money if you would make Brittany Spears erg until she pukes. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />...eeeeeuuuuuwwww! <br /><br />Nice.

[old] bw1099

General

Post by [old] bw1099 » November 27th, 2005, 11:00 pm

<!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Not in the too distant past I read that Britney Spears uses a rowing machine  (?!)<br /><br />John Travolta was found saying that he thinks twice about eating a hamburger because he knows how much time it would take him to row it off... </td></tr></table><br /><br />Do you suppose that one of those three women from California listed in the ranking for 2000m in the 20-29 age group is really Britney using an alias? <br /><br />bw

[old] Byron Drachman

General

Post by [old] Byron Drachman » November 28th, 2005, 1:36 pm

Hi Xeno,<br /><br />Rather than celebrities I think I’d go after some other groups. For example, around here there is a group of pink ribbon rowers (cancer survivors) who are very active. They meet once a week for ergometer sessions and coaching in the winter, and in the summer they train and race on the water. They’re an absolutely fantastic group, and it’s neat how they changed from being victims to being athletes and in charge. I wonder if you could get a grant from the American Cancer Society or something like that in order to give scholarships to your studio to some cancer survivors. <br /><br />Similarly, how about a group of AA members? I can’t think of a better way to channel obsessive-compulsive behavior than to fitness and good health. I wonder if you could get their organization to fund some scholarships for some of their members. <br /><br />Byron<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />

[old] Janice

General

Post by [old] Janice » November 29th, 2005, 7:35 pm

Hrm... how about writing Jay Leno and getting on the show? You're a gold medalist - he has those on Can you think of some WR attempt to do in 50 minutes with a team?

[old] Xeno

General

Post by [old] Xeno » November 29th, 2005, 11:00 pm

Those are some good ideas.<br /><br />How would I tackle grants for training AA and Cancer survivors?<br /><br />Jay Leno, there is an idea... I didn't know that he puts athetes on the show who are not on the press' A list.<br /><br />

[old] arakawa

General

Post by [old] arakawa » November 30th, 2005, 9:41 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Xeno+Nov 27 2005, 12:34 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Xeno @ Nov 27 2005, 12:34 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->ATTENTION jet set celebrities who need to lose/maintain weight and are sick and tired of pilates, spinning, power/sauna yoga.[right] </td></tr></table><br />Didn't I read once (perhaps even in this forum) that Tiger Woods uses an indoor rower as part of his general fitness regimen?<br /><br />I want to say that Tiger Woods was one of the first golfers to make weight lifting a core part of his training program. Anyway, once the word spread through the PGA and LPGA, all the golfers started hitting the weights.<br /><br />I wonder, if it is true that Tiger rows, more golfers are hitting the ergs.<br /><br />Anyway, I agree that getting more celebrities to row indoors would help publicize the benefits of the erg.

[old] tditmar

General

Post by [old] tditmar » November 30th, 2005, 11:53 am

People need to visually see the effects rowing has on the body. That is what would interest anyone in Hollywood, and really, most of the general population. What type of physique does one get out of it?<br /><br />It may be shallow, but those are the facts. People want to look good and if the erg will do it, everyone will be buying an erg.

[old] Byron Drachman

General

Post by [old] Byron Drachman » November 30th, 2005, 2:00 pm

Hi Xeno,<br />I'm sending you a personal message.<br />Byron

[old] seat5

General

Post by [old] seat5 » December 1st, 2005, 8:01 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Byron Drachman+Nov 30 2005, 06:00 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Byron Drachman @ Nov 30 2005, 06:00 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi Xeno,<br />I'm sending you a personal message.<br />Byron <br /> </td></tr></table><br />You're making us all jealous!

[old] Laupi

General

Post by [old] Laupi » December 2nd, 2005, 2:21 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-seat5+Dec 1 2005, 07:01 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(seat5 @ Dec 1 2005, 07:01 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Byron Drachman+Nov 30 2005, 06:00 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Byron Drachman @ Nov 30 2005, 06:00 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi Xeno,<br />I'm sending you a personal message.<br />Byron <br /> </td></tr></table><br />You're making us all jealous! <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br /><b>Is this a forum for violin play? Looks like I have tromped my self in the forum. Sorry - I check the address again - but i see people speak of music and see a violin player in here - is this right?</b>