Model B

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] rowboy87

General

Post by [old] rowboy87 » June 18th, 2005, 8:50 pm

I've been training with a Model B I bought in 87. I just signed up to the forum. Does anybody know if the times are on my machine are the same as the newer model. Meaning is my 10,000 the same as a 10,000 on a new Concept 2?<br /><br />

[old] John Rupp

General

Post by [old] John Rupp » June 18th, 2005, 8:54 pm

Yes the meters and times are the same, although the pm1 is a little bit slower and not as accurate as the pm2.

[old] shu246

General

Post by [old] shu246 » June 22nd, 2005, 7:39 am

have a model B, recently used #2 son's model C for a few days while visiting. the C is of course quieter; the damper settings are different; but the measured work and power output per perceived input are remarkably consistent.<br /><br />(the C lacks the second, smaller, drive gear of the B and so cannot get to the really high ratio hard pulls available on the B, but that extreme is not useful for aerobic training anyhow.)<br /><br />the C seemed to have a smoother pull, but that may just be to the age of my machine. i'll know this weekend after i fit in a new bungee and chain which just arrived.<br /><br />if you are concerned about 'fairness' between the models as to logging meters, be not concerned.<br /><br />if you are training with intent to compete in a public arena, you should make a point to finish out on the model which will be used just to get used to subtle differences in the stroke.<br /><br />by all means! lose that @#$% heel bar and order yrself a retrofit kit of the model C flexible foot plates. find an old pair of lose fitting loafers or hush puppies; leave them in the stirups; insert stockinged feet; row. your heels will be free to comfortably rise up at the end of the recovery stroke, and back down for the power stroke; freedom of motion and no chaffing whatever!<br /><br />also get a set of retrofit wheels for moving the machine around on the floor.<br /><br />rowboy87 - pls email me at rshuey@rgv.rr.com<br /><br /> - shu