Oh Blisters

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Gonz

General

Post by [old] Gonz » May 25th, 2004, 6:05 am

Advice on blisters Please I've just changed my grip to thumb resting on top of the handle and developed blisters on my fingers! <br><br>All tips on helping blisters healing would be appreciated regards, Gonz

[old] Andrew Burrows

General

Post by [old] Andrew Burrows » May 25th, 2004, 8:21 am

You say it all in your signature - "pain is only a state of mind"<br><br>Ignore them and they WILL go away in a week or two.

[old] Rogus

General

Post by [old] Rogus » May 25th, 2004, 9:52 am

Well, your hands will toughen up over time, but I've found after 3 months that I'm still getting new ones in different places and even under calluses that I now have. Perhaps I just haven't been erging long enough to toughen up all the different places.<br><br>One thing that helps reduce the pain of new blisters is to soak your hands in ice water for a while after your session. It helps to reduce the build up of whatever that liquid is that develops inside a blister that has the skin still on it. If the skin is torn, I think you just have to bear the pain until it heals.

[old] Debra

General

Post by [old] Debra » May 26th, 2004, 10:30 pm

Apply wet tea bag to blisters. Don't wash tea off for a while. They'll dry right up. Quick. Easy. No pain. IT WORKS!<br><br>Debra

[old] frozenrower

General

Post by [old] frozenrower » June 15th, 2004, 4:11 pm

2 years and I still get them...<br><br>Although it's rather primitive, what I do is just pop them, tape them up, and hope for the best.<br><br>And if all else fails, just remember, "Pain is the Clenser." Ha.<br><br><br>--FrozenRower

[old] PaulS

General

Post by [old] PaulS » June 15th, 2004, 4:33 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Gonz+May 25 2004, 10:05 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td class='genmed'><span class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></span> (Gonz @ May 25 2004, 10:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I've just changed my grip to thumb resting on top of the handle and developed blisters on my fingers! <br><br>All tips on helping blisters healing would be appreciated regards, Gonz <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><br>Change your grip back, even being upside down on the planet doesn't mean you don't need to have a relaxed, regular grip on the handle. <br><br>Erg on,<br>Paul Smith