2006 Crash B's

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] fergie

Competitions

Post by [old] fergie » June 27th, 2005, 6:17 am

Hi all.<br />I'm pretty new to the indoor rowing competition scene, but i was just looking at the crash b website (full of info!).<br />But i was wanting to know if its usually held the same time every year (ie, Mid Feb) if not, does anyone know when it'll be held next year?<br />And will the birth date cut off just be a year from lasts year one (which was 1st sept 1986 on wards) as i was born on the 5th of september '87 and was looking at competiting in the junior lightweight catergory.<br /><br />And one other thing - i no its off topic - but just a quick Q... i haven't done an races for the 2k - i do more 500m and 1ks, at the moment, my 1k time is 3.10.6, if i were to go to the CB i'd be wanting a time of around 6.30-40ish - would this be possible with alot of training (i've done a 2k once at the start of the yea r- got 6.50) and i haven't really done alot of training for the rest, oh, and i'm pretty much on the weight limit now - so i can't do much weight training!!<br /><br />Thanks!!<br />happy rowing

[old] arakawa

Competitions

Post by [old] arakawa » June 27th, 2005, 8:59 am

<!--QuoteBegin-fergie+Jun 27 2005, 06:17 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(fergie @ Jun 27 2005, 06:17 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->But i was wanting to know if its usually held the same time every year (ie, Mid Feb) if not, does anyone know when it'll be held next year?[right] </td></tr></table><br />Here are the dates of the last seven CRASH-Bs:<ul><li> 21 Feb 1999<br /></li><li> 20 Feb 2000<br /></li><li> 25 Feb 2001<br /></li><li> 24 Feb 2002<br /></li><li> 23 Feb 2003<br /></li><li> 22 Feb 2004<br /></li><li> 13 Feb 2005</li></ul>They're all Sundays.<br /><br /><!--QuoteBegin-fergie+Jun 27 2005, 06:17 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(fergie @ Jun 27 2005, 06:17 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->And will the birth date cut off just be a year from lasts year one (which was 1st sept 1986 on wards) as i was born on the 5th of september '87 and was looking at competiting in the junior lightweight catergory.[right] </td></tr></table><br />The age restrictions section of the <a href='http://www.crash-b.org/rules.htm' target='_blank'>CRASH-B rules</a> should answer your question.<br /><br /><!--QuoteBegin-fergie+Jun 27 2005, 06:17 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(fergie @ Jun 27 2005, 06:17 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->And one other thing - i no its off topic - but just a quick Q... i haven't done an races for the 2k - i do more 500m and 1ks, at the moment, my 1k time is 3.10.6, if i were to go to the CB i'd be wanting a time of around 6.30-40ish - would this be possible with alot of training (i've done a 2k once at the start of the yea r- got 6.50) and i haven't really done alot of training for the rest, oh, and i'm pretty much on the weight limit now - so i can't do much weight training!![right] </td></tr></table><br />You'll want to know your 2k time, if for no other other reason, because the CRASH-B organizers will ask you what it is so that they can seed you appropriately.<br /><br />As for whether or not your goal can be met with a lot of training or not, I offer the following excerpt from the <a href='http://www.concept2.com/forums/wolverine_plan.htm' target='_blank'>Wolverine Plan</a>:<br /><br /><b><i>If the goal is to win, the price can’t be negotiated. The only thing that can be negotiated is the goal.</i></b><br /><br />You do the math.

[old] Andrew Burrows

Competitions

Post by [old] Andrew Burrows » June 27th, 2005, 9:29 am

<!--QuoteBegin-fergie+Jun 27 2005, 10:17 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(fergie @ Jun 27 2005, 10:17 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->my 1k time is 3.10.6, if i were to go to the CB i'd be wanting a time of around 6.30-40ish<br /> <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />With that 1k time of yours and presuming your not a power monster (and being LWT Id guess not) and your endurance is up to scratch Id say your looking at a 2k time of approx 6:35. Only one way to find out though !<br /><br />Cheers<br />Andy

[old] fergie

Competitions

Post by [old] fergie » June 28th, 2005, 4:24 pm

thanks guys.<br /><br />last time i done the 2k i got 6.50 - and this was at the same time i got the 3.10 for the 1k.<br /><br />so do u think i should work more on fitness/endurance?<br />just long rows, and long intervals maybe?<br /><br />and when does the planning usually start for the 06 CB, just that i'd like to no ASAP whether i'll fit in the cut off date so i can start saving/fundraising (as i live in New Zealand, it'll cost a bit to get there!)<br /><br />Thanks

[old] fergie

Competitions

Post by [old] fergie » July 14th, 2005, 1:40 am

just got an email from Robert Brody from Concept 2, he said the cutoff date for Juniors DOB is on or after the 1st of September 1987, so i meet it - by 4 days!!<br /><br />Na all i've got to do is start saving $$, train a bit harder, and make sure i don't eat to much junk food (i'm trying to stay LW) and i'll see you all there next year!!

[old] ranger

Competitions

Post by [old] ranger » July 28th, 2005, 4:08 am

<!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->last time i done the 2k i got 6.50 - and this was at the same time i got the 3.10 for the 1k.<br /><br />so do u think i should work more on fitness/endurance? </td></tr></table><br /><br />Yep. The best lwts do "double the d, add 3." If you can row 1:35 pace for 1K, fully trained and at the limits of your endurance, you should be able to approach 1:38 pace (6:32) for 2K. <br /><br />ranger