Wirc

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Thomas

e-row

Post by [old] Thomas » February 24th, 2006, 2:43 pm

Hello,<br /><br />Unfortunately, I am not competing at the WIRC. My health and my job have gotten in the way. I basically took vacation so I could be sick and still have to handle work issues. I have not trained since Wednesday of last week. I probably will not race a 5k this weekend, either. It is not the end of the world, but it is somewhat depressing. <br /><br />Later,<br />Thomas

[old] Marilyn

e-row

Post by [old] Marilyn » February 25th, 2006, 8:07 am

Hi Thomas<br /><br />I apologize that you are not rowing at the WIRC. I was hoping seeing you rowing under 6:20<br />Your place will be empty, really sad<br /><br />But ok, it can happen and it happen often that things are not working fine at the race day<br /><br />Anyway I hope you show us a sub 6:20 in another way, a local race? online?<br />I cross the fingers for you<br /><br />A good recuperation!<br /><br />Marilyb<br />

[old] Thomas

e-row

Post by [old] Thomas » February 25th, 2006, 10:40 pm

<!--quoteo(post=57062:date=Feb 25 2006, 04:07 AM:name=Marilyn)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Marilyn @ Feb 25 2006, 04:07 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>Hi Thomas<br /><br />I apologize that you are not rowing at the WIRC. I was hoping seeing you rowing under 6:20<br />Your place will be empty, really sad<br /><br />But ok, it can happen and it happen often that things are not working fine at the race day<br /><br />Anyway I hope you show us a sub 6:20 in another way, a local race? online?<br />I cross the fingers for you<br /><br />A good recuperation!<br /><br />Marilyb<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Hi Marilyn,<br /><br />Thanks for the vote of confidence. I saw the race. Very impressive venue. I can say I would have finished in the top 10 and possibly top 5 with respect to those who raced today.<br /><br />It appears in my race that Skip Donnely also was a no show, someone who was indicating a sub 6:10 time<br /><br />It was weird to see Andreas Von Tonder finish a strong fourth place. I don't think I have ever seen him race and not get a medal.<br /><br />I will try to row the 5k tomorrow.<br /><br />Later,<br />Thomas

[old] Marilyn

e-row

Post by [old] Marilyn » March 2nd, 2006, 5:51 am

Hi Thomas<br /><br />I checked the resuls yesterday and the race M40H was a very strong race, with a sub 6:00<br />in the 1st place (a german guy)<br /><br />Andreas had a very good time, with the same time last year he won silver and this year<br />"only" a 4th place. After Andreas was 13sec difference with the <br />next rower.<br /><br />You could be in a place 5th or 6th place, yes maybe<br /><br />A hard race, a hard race...<br /><br />Marilyn<br />

[old] Thomas

e-row

Post by [old] Thomas » March 2nd, 2006, 9:10 pm

If, "if's and but's were candy and nuts, we would all have a Merry Christmas."<br /><br />