Fast Fall Races

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Roland Baltutis

e-row

Post by [old] Roland Baltutis » November 4th, 2005, 7:05 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Sir Pirate+Nov 3 2005, 01:51 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Sir Pirate @ Nov 3 2005, 01:51 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Bit of a shame that the Fast Fall race is to to early for me, I can not go "all out" that early in the morning.<br /><br />My seasons best is a 3:08.0 which was done as a warm-up to a session. I should be good for a sub 3:04.0, by best is 3:04.2 and that was done an age ago.<br /><br />I am in the 1:00 GMT (I think    ) race on Saturday.<br /><br />Sir Pirate <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I'm the 7th person to enter the Fast Fall 1K H race, so Phil you better be quick if you change your mind, because there is only one spot left. Sometimes you need to make a sacrifice to get in on the best race.<br /><br />Rockin Roland<br />

[old] JaapR

e-row

Post by [old] JaapR » November 4th, 2005, 3:12 pm

Hi,<br />From Raymond Botha and Rocket Roy I did not receive an SB time or target. From Roys footnote I saw a 3:11.9. The delay time below will be based on this time. I suggest Raymond starts the race together with Hennie (no delay, based on SB 3:19.6). Then, the other 5 start with the delay below:<br /><br />Pieter: 5 sec (SB 3:15.2)<br />Roy: 8 sec (3:11.9)<br />Roland, Andreas and me: 15 sec (SB 3:04.7)<br /><br />Jaap

[old] Sir Pirate

e-row

Post by [old] Sir Pirate » November 4th, 2005, 6:49 pm

Good luck guys. I have to go out 1st thing in the morning so I could not make this race anyway.<br /><br />Set me a good target to aim for <br /><br />Sir Pirate

[old] JaapR

e-row

Post by [old] JaapR » November 5th, 2005, 6:00 am

Hi,<br />The results are:<br /><br /><!--c1--><table width='95%' cellspacing='1' cellpadding='3' border='0' align='center'><tr><td><b><div class='genmed'>CODE</div></b></td></tr><tr><td class='code'><div><!--ec1--><br />                           Time      Delay    Net Time<br />Pieter de Jong             3:11.2    0:05     3:06.2<br />Roland Baltutis            3:14.9    0:15     2:59.9<br />Hennie Martini             3:15.8    0:00     3:15.8<br />Jaap Roosma                3:16.7    0:15     3:01.7<br />Royston Brook              3:28.4    0:08     3:20.4<br /><!--c2--></div></td></tr></table><br /><br />A PB for Pieter, Hennie and Roland. Congretulations. I've been faster only once (2:57.8), about 15 years ago, when I trained a lot on the water. My 2nd best time was last year (3:03.2), so I'm satisfied with the 3:01.7. Maybe next week a sub 3, who knows.<br />Problem with e-row is that I often don't see Rolands boat, also this morning. It is only with certain people that this happens, but if I don't see him, other e-row users don't see him either. Hopefully, I will have a newer PC next year, so that I can play the Rowpro software.<br /><br /><br />Jaap<br /><br />

[old] Roland Baltutis

e-row

Post by [old] Roland Baltutis » November 5th, 2005, 9:09 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-JaapR+Nov 5 2005, 05:00 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(JaapR @ Nov 5 2005, 05:00 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi,<br />The results are:<br /><br /><!--c1--><table width='95%' cellspacing='1' cellpadding='3' border='0' align='center'><tr><td><b><div class='genmed'>CODE</div></b></td></tr><tr><td class='code'><div><!--ec1--><br />                           Time      Delay    Net Time<br />Pieter de Jong             3:11.2    0:05     3:06.2<br />Roland Baltutis            3:14.9    0:15     2:59.9<br />Hennie Martini             3:15.8    0:00     3:15.8<br />Jaap Roosma                3:16.7    0:15     3:01.7<br />Royston Brook              3:28.4    0:08     3:20.4<br /><!--c2--></div></td></tr></table><br /><br />A PB for Pieter, Hennie and Roland. Congretulations. I've been faster only once (2:57.8), about 15 years ago, when I trained a lot on the water. My 2nd best time was last year (3:03.2), so I'm satisfied with the 3:01.7. Maybe next week a sub 3, who knows.<br />Problem with e-row is that I often don't see Rolands boat, also this morning. It is only with certain people that this happens, but if I don't see him, other e-row users don't see him either. Hopefully, I will have a newer PC next year, so that I can play the Rowpro software.<br /><br /><br />Jaap <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />That was a really enjoyable race. As it was my first 1000m race I started too conservatively at about 1.32 pace then with 500m to go I still felt fresh and very strong. I surprised myself how I could do the last 500m at 1.28 pace and still had legs left at the end. I was freaking out at seeing 1.28 on the monitor for so long.<br /><br />What a shame Jaap that you don't have Rowpro. When the racing is this close we really need to be able to see each others boats. It would also help immensely in achieving faster times. Looking forward to the straight race 1000m.<br /><br />Also a pity that Andreas was too crook to race. I'm a bit worried about his preparation for BIRC as this year doesn't seem to be as trouble free as previous years for him.<br /><br />Rockin Roland

[old] JaapR

e-row

Post by [old] JaapR » November 8th, 2005, 5:25 pm

Hi Phil,<br />Welcome back at the fast fall series. Just a tip for if you have difficulties to go all out early in the morning:<br />A long time ago, when we had to row our boat races also early in the morning, we had a coach who was convinced that to be able to row fast, one needs to be awake for at least 3 hours, preferable 4. It happened more than once that for that reason we sat at the breakfast table at 5:00 AM, although the race started at 8:30. <br /><br /><br />Good luck next saturday,<br /><br />Jaap

[old] JaapR

e-row

Post by [old] JaapR » November 13th, 2005, 7:00 am

Hi,<br />The results are:<br /><br /><!--c1--><table width='95%' cellspacing='1' cellpadding='3' border='0' align='center'><tr><td><b><div class='genmed'>CODE</div></b></td></tr><tr><td class='code'><div><!--ec1--><br />1. Andreas 2:58.9<br />2. Roland  2:59.0<br />3. Jaap    2:59.5<br />4. Pieter  3:04.7<br />5. Hennie  3:15.7<br /><!--c2--></div></td></tr></table><br /><br />A PB for Pieter, Hennie and Roland. Congretulations. Pieter could have been one or two seconds faster if he hadn't chosen the fly and die strategy. He died with 250m to go. It was one of my most exciting rows ever. Not only because I finally made the sub 3, but also to view the race with Andreas and Roland. Thanks guys!<br /><br />Jaap<br />

[old] Andreas

e-row

Post by [old] Andreas » November 13th, 2005, 4:37 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-JaapR+Nov 13 2005, 06:00 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(JaapR @ Nov 13 2005, 06:00 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi,<br />The results are:<br /><br /><!--c1--><table width='95%' cellspacing='1' cellpadding='3' border='0' align='center'><tr><td><b><div class='genmed'>CODE</div></b></td></tr><tr><td class='code'><div><!--ec1--><br />1. Andreas 2:58.9<br />2. Roland  2:59.0<br />3. Jaap    2:59.5<br />4. Pieter  3:04.7<br />5. Hennie  3:15.7<br /><!--c2--></div></td></tr></table><br /><br />A PB for Pieter, Hennie and Roland. Congretulations. Pieter could have been one or two seconds faster if he hadn't chosen the fly and die strategy. He died with 250m to go. It was one of my most exciting rows ever. Not only because I finally made the sub 3, but also to view the race with Andreas and Roland. Thanks guys!<br /><br />Jaap <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Thanx for a very nice race.I think it was the race with the closest finish ever on RP or e-row( I saw RP even got confused with my and Roland's times), and then 3X sub 3 min for M40H...... not to shubby.To bad Jaap and Roland is not going to BIRC, but will see Pieter and Hennie there.I leave on We. night stop in Dubai and arrive in Birmingham on Th. midday. Fortunatly not a big time differance between us and Birmingham.The only problem is: going from real hot summer to real cold winter <br />I surpose we wont be joining you guys next week in the fall series

[old] H_2O

e-row

Post by [old] H_2O » November 13th, 2005, 7:13 pm

Wow! Best of luck at the BIRC.<br />

[old] Roland Baltutis

e-row

Post by [old] Roland Baltutis » November 13th, 2005, 10:40 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-JaapR+Nov 13 2005, 06:00 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(JaapR @ Nov 13 2005, 06:00 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi,<br />The results are:<br /><br /><!--c1--><table width='95%' cellspacing='1' cellpadding='3' border='0' align='center'><tr><td><b><div class='genmed'>CODE</div></b></td></tr><tr><td class='code'><div><!--ec1--><br />1. Andreas 2:58.9<br />2. Roland  2:59.0<br />3. Jaap    2:59.5<br />4. Pieter  3:04.7<br />5. Hennie  3:15.7<br /><!--c2--></div></td></tr></table><br /><br />A PB for Pieter, Hennie and Roland. Congretulations. Pieter could have been one or two seconds faster if he hadn't chosen the fly and die strategy. He died with 250m to go. It was one of my most exciting rows ever. Not only because I finally made the sub 3, but also to view the race with Andreas and Roland. Thanks guys!<br /><br />Jaap <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />WHAT A RACE!!!!<br />I demand to see the photo finish. That's the second time in the space of a month that I've crossed the line together with Andreas and been delegated to second spot by Rowpro. Makes me wonder if it is possible for two people to be given exactly the same time and placing in a Rowpro race. Some how I don't think Rowpro allows it. Has anyone ever had an equal time & placing in Rowpro???<br /><br />Hopefully, in 3 weeks time when we do the 2K fast fall races the three of us are together but this time I get the 10th of a second advantage.<br /><br />Bad luck Pieter with your fly and die strategy. I thought that everyone went out too hard in that race because I was at the rear of the field at around the 400 meter mark. I had enormous fun chasing you all down, one by one, and passing you but just didn't have enough left in the tank, in the last 50 meters, to get in front of Andreas.<br /><br />Good luck in the BIRC. I'd love to join you all but as I've just bought a new boat I couldn't justify the expense. Looks like just me and Jaap are left to fight it out in next weekends fast fall race.<br /><br />Rockin Roland<br />

[old] hennmart

e-row

Post by [old] hennmart » November 14th, 2005, 4:26 am

Like to race the 10K. but because we are at the BIRC Saturday and Sunday we cannot race in the weekend. Maybe it is an option to race in the week after the BIRC when Andreas and Pieter also like this propossal?<br /><br />Hennie

[old] Pieter

e-row

Post by [old] Pieter » November 14th, 2005, 12:23 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-hennmart+Nov 14 2005, 03:26 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(hennmart @ Nov 14 2005, 03:26 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Like to race the 10K. but because we are at the BIRC Saturday and Sunday we cannot race in the weekend. Maybe it is an option to race in the week after the BIRC when Andreas and Pieter also like this propossal?<br /><br />Hennie <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hi Hennie,<br /><br />If it's ok with Frank, I would like to join.<br />But I think I´ve read that it's a weekend-only thing ( understandable because Frank has to calculate the points and there must be a limit for that otherwise he calculating all week)<br /><br />Seems like I will lose poll-position after this weekend<br /><br />The weekend after we do the belgium open so we will miss another race <br /><br />Pieter

[old] FrankJ

e-row

Post by [old] FrankJ » November 14th, 2005, 12:57 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Pieter+Nov 14 2005, 04:23 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Pieter @ Nov 14 2005, 04:23 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-hennmart+Nov 14 2005, 03:26 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(hennmart @ Nov 14 2005, 03:26 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Like to race the 10K. but because we are at the BIRC Saturday and Sunday we cannot race in the weekend. Maybe it is an option to race in the week after the BIRC when Andreas and Pieter also like this propossal?<br /><br />Hennie <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hi Hennie,<br /><br />If it's ok with Frank, I would like to join.<br />But I think I´ve read that it's a weekend-only thing ( understandable because Frank has to calculate the points and there must be a limit for that otherwise he calculating all week)<br /><br />Seems like I will lose poll-position after this weekend<br /><br />The weekend after we do the belgium open so we will miss another race <br /><br />Pieter <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Seems like a reasonable request. Remember that we will throw out the lowest scoring handicap and straight race so you it won't have an impact if you miss only one of each. However if you can set up a race for a group of you that can't make the race this weekend it is OK with me. It is a close contest and I don't want to win by some technicality. My intent was to keep from scoring a bunch of individual time trials.<br /><br />Frank

[old] michaelb

e-row

Post by [old] michaelb » November 14th, 2005, 1:07 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Roland Baltutis+Nov 13 2005, 09:40 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Roland Baltutis @ Nov 13 2005, 09:40 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I demand to see the photo finish. That's the second time in the space of a month that I've crossed the line together with Andreas and been delegated to second spot by Rowpro. Makes me wonder if it is possible for two people to be given exactly the same time and placing in a Rowpro race. Some how I don't think Rowpro allows it. Has anyone ever had an equal time & placing in Rowpro???<br /><br />Rockin Roland <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Wow, what a race. The 1k has certainly proven to be a very exciting distance to race online. <br /><br />I am almost sure that your actual time in rowpro is determined locally, on your own machine, and is not affected by whether or not you are rowing online. You can't trust your 3d display however to show accurate boat position or distance +/- to within a .1 of sec though, so you may "appear" to even be ahead in 3d and get touched out at the end, because of how RP may delay displaying positions. There have been many times when people get the same time in an online race, the 9min warmdown is a good example. Sometimes RP messes up the rank order of the finish.

[old] holm188

e-row

Post by [old] holm188 » November 14th, 2005, 9:31 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-FrankJ+Nov 14 2005, 11:57 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(FrankJ @ Nov 14 2005, 11:57 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Pieter+Nov 14 2005, 04:23 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Pieter @ Nov 14 2005, 04:23 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-hennmart+Nov 14 2005, 03:26 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(hennmart @ Nov 14 2005, 03:26 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Like to race the 10K. but because we are at the BIRC Saturday and Sunday we cannot race in the weekend. Maybe it is an option to race in the week after the BIRC when Andreas and Pieter also like this propossal?<br /><br />Hennie <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hi Hennie,<br /><br />If it's ok with Frank, I would like to join.<br />But I think I´ve read that it's a weekend-only thing ( understandable because Frank has to calculate the points and there must be a limit for that otherwise he calculating all week)<br /><br />Seems like I will lose poll-position after this weekend<br /><br />The weekend after we do the belgium open so we will miss another race <br /><br />Pieter <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Seems like a reasonable request. Remember that we will throw out the lowest scoring handicap and straight race so you it won't have an impact if you miss only one of each. However if you can set up a race for a group of you that can't make the race this weekend it is OK with me. It is a close contest and I don't want to win by some technicality. My intent was to keep from scoring a bunch of individual time trials.<br /><br />Frank <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hi Frank,<br />In the rules for the fall series you specified the time frame and I think at least 2 rowers for the races (correct me if I'm wrong). On another occasion you have asked a heat not to start before the time on Friday, which is reasonable. I missed two straight races due to private travelling and well I will miss about 85 to 90 points. BIRC is also a private choice, so well points are gone (or this is the cross out race). Alternatively everybody could arrange a make up race with at least another contestant, but I agree this might get out of hand.<br /><br />I leave it up to you and won't say anything more after my opinion here. I like the race series and they should stay fun (including for the organizer ), fair and not too rule heavy!!!<br /><br />Cheers, Holm