Ducks In A Row - Introductions

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] la_flaca

Women's Forum

Post by [old] la_flaca » March 28th, 2005, 9:07 pm

WOW!! How the team has grown since it started!! <br /><br />First of all, WELCOME TO THE NEW DUCKS!!!, definitly we have a princess!!, Daisy Duckling as earn the title with her 9 years only!.<br /><br />We have Brazilian, Canadian and Argentinian Ducks! (that´s me ), besides all the rest of the bunch, mostly they are from the US, don´t you?. <br /><br />I LOVE THIS!!, I think this is just another prove that the world is really small... and how passion for something makes the people come togheter in the same goal.<br /><br />I hope the team keep growing like this, incorporating more womes from another countries!, so we can lear everything about erging in other parts of the globe. Ain´t that great??!!.<br /><br />As usual, I also hope that you can undestand my english... today I have some trouble translating my ideas! <br /><br />Cheers Ducks!!<br /><br />La Flaca... Argentinian Duck!! <br />

[old] Daisy Duckling

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Daisy Duckling » March 28th, 2005, 11:11 pm

Wow, thanks for that warm welcome! Princess Daisy Duckling... that sounds great!!! Other than rowing, I do some other stuff like skating and swimming. I'm allso the proud owner of two cats named Tomas and Sequoia, a dog named Hunter, a fish named Spotty and two guinea pigs (just got them) named Maple and <br />Rip. <br /><br />Princess Daisy Duckling

LindaM

Women's Forum

Post by LindaM » March 29th, 2005, 8:53 am

Princess D.D. That's a lot of animals to take care of! When do you find time to row?

[old] KathiS

Women's Forum

Post by [old] KathiS » March 29th, 2005, 10:19 am

Hi Pricess Daisy Duckling! I think its great that you and your mom both row, and are both Ducks too!! Welcome to the Pond! With starting at such a young age, I am sure that you will be blowing the rest of us out of the water with your meters before you know it!<br /><br />Canada Goose -- You must be very proud! <br /><br />Dawnold Duck -- Thank you for the very kind words. It has been a long road to getting healthy but worth every bit of effort.<br /><br />Wow.. the Ducks are moving right up on the team rankings.. with getting started so late in the season, I think we are making great progress. I can't wait to see how well we do next season, especially with our kickoff marathon!

[old] Bufflehead

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Bufflehead » March 29th, 2005, 2:00 pm

Look at all the new Ducks!!<br />Welcome to the pond - all of you! I hope you have as much fun as I'm having rowing and posting on this forum. It has been a great way to "meet" people.<br />And just like La Flaca said - we're from all over the place! Wow! <br /><br />The Buffle

[old] Bufflehead

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Bufflehead » April 3rd, 2005, 10:43 am

Hi Ducks!<br />The UK website has a picture from an article about the SLIRC that I went to last Sunday. Guess who is in the background? You got it! Your very own Bufflehead is located in the back of the picture if you look past the C2 monitor. Granted, you can't see much, but at least it shows I was there! I will try to put a link to it on this post. I've never tried that before, so we'll see what happens!<br /><a href='http://www.suttonguardian.co.uk/sport/l ... rowers.php' target='_blank'>SLIRC Picture</a><br /><br />Hey - I think it worked! At least it worked from the preview post. As you can see, I wasn't really dressed for racing! I did, at least, take off the sweater! Just thought you might get a laugh out of it. <br /><br />The Buffle

[old] marialbertini

Women's Forum

Post by [old] marialbertini » April 5th, 2005, 8:04 am

Thank you for the warm welcome!<br />For some reason after the new web has been updated I couldn't post. <br />Ducks in a row in Portuguese is: "Patos em fila" or "Patas em fila" since we are all girls. . In English it sounds much better. <br />Princess D.D. congratulations for starting erg so early. I wish I started many years ago.<br />Good to see what a diverse group of rowing girls we are! Go ducks!!!

[old] sandikeenan

Women's Forum

Post by [old] sandikeenan » April 7th, 2005, 7:51 pm

Hi There,<br /><br />My name is Sandi and I have just joined you guys at Ducks in a row. I'm 42 and live in Christchurch New Zealand, but was born in Glasgow, Scotland. I have only been rowing since early March. but really enjoy it.<br /><br />Been reading the posts for a few weeks now and decided to jump on into the pond and join with you all. I've enjoyed reading the posts.

[old] snappyrower

Women's Forum

Post by [old] snappyrower » April 7th, 2005, 10:55 pm

welcome Sandi! Glad that you've decided to jump in and join us! Wow, a Scottish-New Zealander duck! We're becoming quite the international bunch! How fun! <br /><br />Feel free to join in as much as you like, we'd love to hear more from you!

[old] niobe

Women's Forum

Post by [old] niobe » May 5th, 2005, 1:27 pm

Hi All,<br />I just joined DIAR on May 2nd. Was looking through the site when I saw your name. A bit about myself. I'm 53 and a HW. I started rowing Sept. 2004. My sister got me interested in it, and I got a C2 model D. Hit 1 million meters in Apr. 2005. I'm about 5 weeks from graduating from nursing school. This is about my fourth or fifth career. I'm what is known as a "non-traditional" student (meaning older than most). Now that I'm just about to graduate, I guess I'm going to have to get a job . I've been using RowPro to keep me motivated. Look forward to rowing with all of you ducks. Karen

LindaM

Women's Forum

Post by LindaM » May 5th, 2005, 1:56 pm

Great to be beginning the new season with new Duck recruits! Welcomes to sandi and niobe. Row and write. Quack! - Harly/LindaM

[old] KathiS

Women's Forum

Post by [old] KathiS » May 5th, 2005, 10:40 pm

Yes, welcome to the pond Sandi and Karen! The Ducks are most definitely going to be a force to reckoned with this season! <br /><br />Harly, you've been a great inspiration! I am still in complete awe of the 2 million meters last season!

LindaM

Women's Forum

Post by LindaM » May 6th, 2005, 7:56 am

<!--QuoteBegin-KathiS+May 5 2005, 09:40 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(KathiS @ May 5 2005, 09:40 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Harly, you've been a great inspiration!  I am still in complete awe of the 2 million meters last season! <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Thanks, Kathi. But really - it's not that hard to do - just takes a lot of sitting and pulling. You can DO IT too!

[old] niobe

Women's Forum

Post by [old] niobe » May 8th, 2005, 1:27 pm

Thanks for the welcome. Look forward to racking up the meters.

[old] Shari

Women's Forum

Post by [old] Shari » May 11th, 2005, 12:20 am

<!--QuoteBegin-LindaM+May 5 2005, 12:56 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(LindaM @ May 5 2005, 12:56 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Great to be beginning the new season with new Duck recruits!  Welcomes to sandi and niobe.  Row and write.  Quack!  - Harly/LindaM <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />I am enjoying being part of Ducks in a Row. You all are inspiring me to row more regularly. It is fun to check in and see how everyone is doing. Thank you to whoever started this for us.<br /><br />Shari