Team Row Pain, Row Gain

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Steelhead

Weight Loss/ Weight Control

Post by [old] Steelhead » October 5th, 2005, 10:40 pm

[quote=jimjayhawk,Oct 5 2005, 02:51 PM]<br />Jim,<br /><br />What DF do you use when you erg? You may have it set too high; rowing a row boat can hurt anyone's back; set a DF for a sleek shell.<br /><br />Anyway, I hope your back gets better.<br /><br />Mike <br />[/quote]<br /><br /><br />Mike, <br /><br />I've got a model B, is there a DF? <br /><br />I typically have my side vent closed and spin on the larger sprocket<br /><br />Jim <br />[/quote]<br /><br />Jim,<br /><br />If you have the PM2 or PM3 monitor you can find the DF, but if your B is like mine, then with the side vents closes and on the larger sprocket your DF is somewhere around 180, which is about what a Model C would be set on a 10.<br /><br />No wonder your back hurts.<br /><br />Mike

[old] jimjayhawk

Post by [old] jimjayhawk » October 6th, 2005, 3:15 am

[quote=Steelhead,Oct 5 2005, 09:40 PM] <br />[/quote]<br /><br />Jim,<br /><br />If you have the PM2 or PM3 monitor you can find the DF, but if your B is like mine, then with the side vents closes and on the larger sprocket your DF is somewhere around 180, which is about what a Model C would be set on a 10.<br /><br />No wonder your back hurts.<br /><br />Mike <br />[/quote]<br /><br />I've got the PM1... <br /><br />I discovered this evening that I was rowing on the outer sprocket... when I moved it to the inner one the pulling was considerably lighter... and it took a bit more speed in the legs to keep the pace under 2:20...<br /><br />whether the vent was open or closed... closed felt mildly easier...<br /><br />When I tried to switch back to the outer sprocket it felt like pulling a ton of bricks in comparison... so while my back is feeling sensitive I'll row with the inner sprocket and settle for fewer meters for the same time, but reduce the strain on the back. <br /><br />Jim<br /><br />

[old] Steelhead

Post by [old] Steelhead » October 6th, 2005, 9:15 am

[quote=jimjayhawk,Oct 6 2005, 12:15 AM]<br />[quote=Steelhead,Oct 5 2005, 09:40 PM] <br />[/quote]<br /><br />Jim,<br /><br />If you have the PM2 or PM3 monitor you can find the DF, but if your B is like mine, then with the side vents closes and on the larger sprocket your DF is somewhere around 180, which is about what a Model C would be set on a 10.<br /><br />No wonder your back hurts.<br /><br />Mike <br />[/quote]<br /><br />I've got the PM1... <br /><br />I discovered this evening that I was rowing on the outer sprocket... when I moved it to the inner one the pulling was considerably lighter... and it took a bit more speed in the legs to keep the pace under 2:20...<br /><br />whether the vent was open or closed... closed felt mildly easier...<br /><br />When I tried to switch back to the outer sprocket it felt like pulling a ton of bricks in comparison... so while my back is feeling sensitive I'll row with the inner sprocket and settle for fewer meters for the same time, but reduce the strain on the back. <br /><br />Jim <br />[/quote]<br />Rowing on the inner socket, the big one, definitely will help the back. Once you get the rythym going though you should be able to get your split back up -- in fact, you should be able to pull a faster split using the bigger sprocket. What happens is that the more DF you have, the easier it is to row with a fast split because you don't have to coordinate the catch the way you do at a lower DF, and you have to power your legs more at the lower DF. So as you keep working on your technique, keeping your back in the proper position at all times, using your legs more than your back and upper body, with the higher sprocket (lower gear), you should see a great improvement in your back.<br /><br />Mike<br />

[old] deppe4

Post by [old] deppe4 » October 6th, 2005, 11:19 am

[quote=jimjayhawk,Oct 5 2005, 07:57 PM]<br />Well, I'm not hardcore but I finally completed my first 10000m row today <br /><br />Does anyone else have their lower back fatigue before any other muscle group (my damper is at 3 or 4 - don't remember)? Any suggestions?<br /><br />I get "tired" in this order:<br />lower back<br />traps/neck<br />shoulders<br />abs<br />legs<br /><br />-deppee4<br /><br />p.s. Why does Mike keep disappeRing from the team's ranking? <br />[/quote]<br /><br /><br />Nice job Deppe! Be careful though... it is really easy to fall into trying to do a 10K every workout... your meters go up rapidly at that rate, and you start flying by the others on the list who don't do such workouts<br /><br />I hope that Mike hasn't disappeared from the list for good... although I suspect that may be the case... <br /><br />Jim S. <br />[/quote]<br /><br />Jim,<br /><br />You may be right about Mike, I was reading a different stream and I think he was considering the e-row group/team(?). <br /><br />I want build up to 2 10000m rows a month and then add on to that as fitness and time permit. Since I've started my third month I'm trying to row to either 6000m and/or 40minutes.<br /><br />As an aside - I've lost 4 lbs and just as import I'm starting to lose inches. I've been measuring at the end of each fourth week. I didn't really believe the measurements from last week so I remeasured everything - it's quite exciting to see progress. Now I just need to keep off what I've lost.<br /><br />Happy rowing everyone, and well we should probably remind ourselves it's not how much we row, but that we are rowing and trying to improve ourselves that counts.<br /><br />-deppe4

[old] jimjayhawk

Post by [old] jimjayhawk » October 6th, 2005, 5:08 pm

As an aside - I've lost 4 lbs and just as import I'm starting to lose inches. I've been measuring at the end of each fourth week. I didn't really believe the measurements from last week so I remeasured everything - it's quite exciting to see progress. Now I just need to keep off what I've lost.<br /><br />Happy rowing everyone, and well we should probably remind ourselves it's not how much we row, but that we are rowing and trying to improve ourselves that counts.<br /><br />-deppe4 <br />[/quote]<br /><br />Deppe, <br /><br />Congrats on the progress... <br /><br />Point well taken on the last comment regarding it isn't how much we row that is important... I enjoy seeing how much I can do... but I know that isn't for everyone... yet, there are so many who don't seem to be rowing at all - wish there was someway we could get them rowing... <br /><br />For those of you who are rowing.... keep it up! You can't begin to understand how much you motivate others.... people behind you are chasing you...and those in front of you are working to stay ahead....Thanks!<br /><br />JIM

[old] deppe4

Post by [old] deppe4 » October 7th, 2005, 9:00 am

[quote=jimjayhawk,Oct 6 2005, 04:08 PM]<br />As an aside - I've lost 4 lbs and just as import I'm starting to lose inches. I've been measuring at the end of each fourth week. I didn't really believe the measurements from last week so I remeasured everything - it's quite exciting to see progress. Now I just need to keep off what I've lost.<br /><br />Happy rowing everyone, and well we should probably remind ourselves it's not how much we row, but that we are rowing and trying to improve ourselves that counts.<br /><br />-deppe4 <br />[/quote]<br /><br />Deppe, <br /><br />Congrats on the progress... <br /><br />Point well taken on the last comment regarding it isn't how much we row that is important... I enjoy seeing how much I can do... but I know that isn't for everyone... yet, there are so many who don't seem to be rowing at all - wish there was someway we could get them rowing... <br /><br />For those of you who are rowing.... keep it up! You can't begin to understand how much you motivate others.... people behind you are chasing you...and those in front of you are working to stay ahead....Thanks!<br /><br />JIM <br />[/quote]<br /><br />Wow,<br /><br />What happened to our team's ranking? I usually skim through the top of the Team's chart since I'm torward the middle, but it seems like we're missing a few more people.<br /><br />Ok let's try some Team motivating:<br /><br />Yesterday I said it's not how much we row but that we row - and well Jim's right having someone to catch or keep ahead of has kept me rowing, along with really wanting to loose weight. First, I wanted to stay ahead of Andy, then catch R.R. Rodriguez, and now I'm working on passing Edward Eustace - why, because it gives me something to work toward - a reason to get on the rower and stay on the rower.<br /><br />I set small accomplishable goals for myself. My first was to row 5000m in under 30mins - most days I accomplish this. My next goal was to row a steady pace - I used to burst out the gate and sputter to near stopping towards the middle to end. Now I tell myself it's ok, in time I'll be a speed racer, but for now, I don't row fast, just a steady 2:53-3:02/500m and in 30mins I've got 5000m. Eventually, rowing 6000m won't kick my behind and then I'll either increase my pace or increase my meters.<br /><br />My point is that I set realistic goals. We all want to loose wiehgt or we wouldn't be on this team. We all want friendly encouragement or we wouldn't be on this team. So row, if you haven't in awhile start small and slow (i.e., 1000m in however long it takes). Or take 15mins out of your day (5mins to change into comfy workout clothes and 5mins to stretch and 5mins to row), and you'll have eased that "You know, the only time I think about this d**n thing is when I stub my toe, I really should use it more" feeling.<br /><br />Ok, I'll now step down off the soap box.<br /><br />-deppe4

[old] Meri Goehring

Post by [old] Meri Goehring » October 7th, 2005, 10:46 am

Thanks for the motivation. I hope I didn't contribute to the membership loss. If so, I most sincerely apologize to the group. <br />I appreciate the suggestions to keep rowing. Sometime I just don't have time to do a long row, although I know it's better for burning fat. I've found advantages to short rows too. <br />By the way, I followed some suggestions and did my 10000 with a much lower damper-I amost always keep it at 10. So, today I changed to 5. I immediately increased my pace to simulate the same feel I've become accustomed to, but then remembered the advise was to try to decrease my 'split', which took a lot of concentration. I was able to decrease my split by lowering my pace and concentrating on the 'push', but if I lost my concentration even for a few seconds, my pace and split times would increase. My total time for 10000 stayed about the same as on the 10 damper, but much easier to breathe! I can see how it might help my legs to push harder.<br />Regarding back pain, for those of you who may suffer, please be careful. I might suggest you video your stroke and watch for any excessive 'slumping'. If I slump, when I get off the erg, I hurt! Even more importantly, watch your posture during the rest of the day. I've had a lot of back pain, so I'm very careful about my posture anymore. <br />Again, thanks for the motivational speech. I'm finally down another 4 lbs, so have lost 14 total lbs. since I started the erg in June with a goal to loose 30 total lbs. Inches down too; slow, but sure. <br />[quote=deppe4,Oct 7 2005, 08:00 AM]<br />[quote=jimjayhawk,Oct 6 2005, 04:08 PM]<br />As an aside - I've lost 4 lbs and just as import I'm starting to lose inches. I've been measuring at the end of each fourth week. I didn't really believe the measurements from last week so I remeasured everything - it's quite exciting to see progress. Now I just need to keep off what I've lost.<br /><br />Happy rowing everyone, and well we should probably remind ourselves it's not how much we row, but that we are rowing and trying to improve ourselves that counts.<br /><br />-deppe4 <br />[/quote]<br /><br />Deppe, <br /><br />Congrats on the progress... <br /><br />Point well taken on the last comment regarding it isn't how much we row that is important... I enjoy seeing how much I can do... but I know that isn't for everyone... yet, there are so many who don't seem to be rowing at all - wish there was someway we could get them rowing... <br /><br />For those of you who are rowing.... keep it up! You can't begin to understand how much you motivate others.... people behind you are chasing you...and those in front of you are working to stay ahead....Thanks!<br /><br />JIM <br />[/quote]<br /><br />Wow,<br /><br />What happened to our team's ranking? I usually skim through the top of the Team's chart since I'm torward the middle, but it seems like we're missing a few more people.<br /><br />Ok let's try some Team motivating:<br /><br />Yesterday I said it's not how much we row but that we row - and well Jim's right having someone to catch or keep ahead of has kept me rowing, along with really wanting to loose weight. First, I wanted to stay ahead of Andy, then catch R.R. Rodriguez, and now I'm working on passing Edward Eustace - why, because it gives me something to work toward - a reason to get on the rower and stay on the rower.<br /><br />I set small accomplishable goals for myself. My first was to row 5000m in under 30mins - most days I accomplish this. My next goal was to row a steady pace - I used to burst out the gate and sputter to near stopping towards the middle to end. Now I tell myself it's ok, in time I'll be a speed racer, but for now, I don't row fast, just a steady 2:53-3:02/500m and in 30mins I've got 5000m. Eventually, rowing 6000m won't kick my behind and then I'll either increase my pace or increase my meters.<br /><br />My point is that I set realistic goals. We all want to loose wiehgt or we wouldn't be on this team. We all want friendly encouragement or we wouldn't be on this team. So row, if you haven't in awhile start small and slow (i.e., 1000m in however long it takes). Or take 15mins out of your day (5mins to change into comfy workout clothes and 5mins to stretch and 5mins to row), and you'll have eased that "You know, the only time I think about this d**n thing is when I stub my toe, I really should use it more" feeling.<br /><br />Ok, I'll now step down off the soap box.<br /><br />-deppe4 <br />[/quote]<br />

[old] Sleepy_Floyd

Post by [old] Sleepy_Floyd » October 7th, 2005, 11:40 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Meri Goehring+Oct 7 2005, 10:46 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Meri Goehring @ Oct 7 2005, 10:46 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Thanks for the motivation. I hope I didn't contribute to the membership loss. If so, I most sincerely apologize to the group. <br />I appreciate the suggestions to keep rowing. Sometime I just don't have time to do a long row, although I know it's better for burning fat. I've found advantages to short rows too. <br />By the way, I followed some suggestions and did my 10000 with a much lower damper-I amost always keep it at 10. So, today I changed to 5. I immediately increased my pace to simulate the same feel I've become accustomed to, but then remembered the advise was to try to decrease my 'split', which took a lot of concentration. I was able to decrease my split by lowering my pace and concentrating on the 'push', but if I lost my concentration even for a few seconds, my pace and split times would increase. My total time for 10000 stayed about the same as on the 10 damper, but much easier to breathe! I can see how it might help my legs to push harder.<br />Regarding back pain, for those of you who may suffer, please be careful. I might suggest you video your stroke and watch for any excessive 'slumping'. If I slump, when I get off the erg, I hurt!  Even more importantly, watch your posture during the rest of the day. I've had a lot of back pain, so I'm very careful about my posture anymore. <br />Again, thanks for the motivational speech. I'm finally down another 4 lbs, so have lost 14 total lbs. since I started the erg in June with a goal to loose 30 total lbs. Inches down too; slow, but sure. <br /><br /><!--QuoteBegin-deppe4+--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(deppe4)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><br /><!--QuoteBegin-jimjayhawk+Oct 6 2005, 04:08 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(jimjayhawk @ Oct 6 2005, 04:08 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><br /><!--QuoteBegin-deppe4+Oct 7 2005, 08:00 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(deppe4 @ Oct 7 2005, 08:00 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><br />As an aside - I've lost 4 lbs and just as import I'm starting to lose inches.  I've been measuring at the end of each fourth week.  I didn't really believe the measurements from last week so I remeasured everything - it's quite exciting to see progress.  Now I just need to keep off what I've lost.<br /><br />Happy rowing everyone, and well we should probably remind ourselves it's not how much we row, but that we are rowing and trying to improve ourselves that counts.<br /><br />-deppe4 <br /><br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Deppe, <br /><br />Congrats on the progress... <br /><br />Point well taken on the last comment regarding it isn't how much we row that is important... I enjoy seeing how much I can do... but I know that isn't for everyone... yet, there are so many who don't seem to be rowing at all - wish there was someway we could get them rowing... <br /><br />For those of you who are rowing.... keep it up! You can't begin to understand how much you motivate others.... people behind you are chasing you...and those in front of you are working to stay ahead....Thanks!<br /><br />JIM <br /><br /> </td></tr></table><br />Wow,<br /><br />What happened to our team's ranking? I usually skim through the top of the Team's chart since I'm torward the middle, but it seems like we're missing a few more people.<br /><br />Ok let's try some Team motivating:<br /><br />Yesterday I said it's not how much we row but that we row - and well Jim's right having someone to catch or keep ahead of has kept me rowing, along with really wanting to loose weight. First, I wanted to stay ahead of Andy, then catch R.R. Rodriguez, and now I'm working on passing Edward Eustace - why, because it gives me something to work toward - a reason to get on the rower and stay on the rower.<br /><br />I set small accomplishable goals for myself. My first was to row 5000m in under 30mins - most days I accomplish this. My next goal was to row a steady pace - I used to burst out the gate and sputter to near stopping towards the middle to end. Now I tell myself it's ok, in time I'll be a speed racer, but for now, I don't row fast, just a steady 2:53-3:02/500m and in 30mins I've got 5000m. Eventually, rowing 6000m won't kick my behind and then I'll either increase my pace or increase my meters.<br /><br />My point is that I set realistic goals. We all want to loose wiehgt or we wouldn't be on this team. We all want friendly encouragement or we wouldn't be on this team. So row, if you haven't in awhile start small and slow (i.e., 1000m in however long it takes). Or take 15mins out of your day (5mins to change into comfy workout clothes and 5mins to stretch and 5mins to row), and you'll have eased that "You know, the only time I think about this d**n thing is when I stub my toe, I really should use it more" feeling.<br /><br />Ok, I'll now step down off the soap box.<br /><br />-deppe4 <br /><br /> </td></tr></table><br /> <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />would you guys mind either turning off the quotes or just be more careful to not edit over the quote tags when you're nesting quotes in your messages.. I fixed the thread above.. its just really hard to read your posts when the quote blocks are not aligned.<br /><br />SF

[old] jimjayhawk

Post by [old] jimjayhawk » October 7th, 2005, 12:32 pm

Sleepy, <br /><br />I wish I had a better feel for how to properly use this forum... <br /><br />I usually just click reply and then delete all but the most essential thought I want to reply to... as for how the quote and other features work I must admit that I am clueless... if it isn't intuitive (and it isn't for me) I'll typically just stumble around rather than search for any manual or direction<br /><br />Jim S.

[old] Normsthename

Post by [old] Normsthename » October 7th, 2005, 12:43 pm

<!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->First, I wanted to stay ahead of Andy............ </td></tr></table><br />Just because I let you! <br />Seriously, not touched the rower for the last week..... <br />Last week I bought a Reebok treadmill off of a guy at work, its a good one, upto 10mph & 12% Incline, heartrate control etc etc<br />So for the last week I have been using the treadmill, mainly paced walking with a little jog thrown in every once and a while, went to a proper running shop and got fitted out with good shoes etc.<br />Now the honeymoon period is over this week, I will be getting back on the rower, I thought about doing 5 days a week training, 2 days rest (Thursday & Sunday) 3 days on the rower, 2 days on the treadmill, and then the next week swap around and do 2 days on the rower, and 3 days on the treadmill etc etc<br />How does that workout routine sound to the more experienced members???<br /><br />Andy

[old] Sleepy_Floyd

Post by [old] Sleepy_Floyd » October 8th, 2005, 4:24 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-jimjayhawk+Oct 7 2005, 12:32 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(jimjayhawk @ Oct 7 2005, 12:32 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Sleepy, <br /><br />I wish I had a better feel for how to properly use this forum... <br /><br />I usually just click reply and then delete all but the most essential thought I want to reply to...  as for how the quote and other features work I must admit that I am clueless... if it isn't intuitive (and it isn't for me) I'll typically just stumble around rather than search for any manual or direction<br /><br />Jim S. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />hmm.. okie.. thats fair..<br /><br />when you click reply.. quoted information is surrounded by two tags... <!--c1--><table width='95%' cellspacing='1' cellpadding='3' border='0' align='center'><tr><td><b><div class='genmed'>CODE</div></b></td></tr><tr><td class='code'><div><!--ec1-->[quote=yourname here, date, time]<br /><!--c2--></div></td></tr></table> and <!--c1--><table width='95%' cellspacing='1' cellpadding='3' border='0' align='center'><tr><td><b><div class='genmed'>CODE</div></b></td></tr><tr><td class='code'><div><!--ec1-->[/quote]<!--c2--></div></td></tr></table><br /><br />the former opens a quote and the later closes the quotes.. so, either try to not delete them, you can delete any of the text in between them, and it wont be a problem, or if you must delete them, you need to delete them in pairs.. Its pretty simple... and it makes the information post alot easier to read and understand..

[old] sloro7

Post by [old] sloro7 » October 8th, 2005, 6:37 pm

Hi Everybody,<br />I was just checking the forums for some training advice and I came across the Row Pain, Row Gain post. What a great idea! I sure could use the extra motivation! <br />Short bio:<br />I'm 49 and have been rowing on and off, mostly off, for a few years now. I'm just getting over a lower back injury (not from rowing!) so I'm taking it kinda easy on my way back to the longer rows. I need to drop about 30 pounds and get the BP under control. I've completed a few half-marathons but never got the courage to overcome the intense pain in my #*& to complete a full one. I would love to finish one before I hit 50! <br />I'm not a very fast rower...I haven't even broken 7 minutes for 2K yet. I try to row at least 5K/day but will increase this as my back improves. <br />I'm about 210 pounds now but would love to hit 180 by next April. Too many Miller Lites! I could start a new instructional book: Rowing for Rummies! <br /><br />I edited my profile to include the Row Pain,Row Gain team. How do I add my meters to the team? <br />Thank you!<br />sloro7<br />aka Chuck

[old] jimjayhawk

Post by [old] jimjayhawk » October 8th, 2005, 7:18 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-sloro7+Oct 8 2005, 05:37 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(sloro7 @ Oct 8 2005, 05:37 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi Everybody,<br />I was just checking the forums for some training advice and I came across the Row Pain, Row Gain post.  What a great idea!  I sure could use the extra motivation!  <br /><br />I edited my profile to include the Row Pain,Row Gain team.  How do I add my meters to the team?  <br />Thank you!<br />sloro7<br />aka Chuck <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Welcome aboard Chuck! <br /><br />If you added RPRG to your profile your meters are there for the team. <br /><br />Take it easy with the back... there are a few of us who manage to mess it up pretty frequently... sometimes even rowing. <br /><br />I've found the team to be a fabulous motivator... plenty of support and information on the forum and then seeing who you can catch and/or pass as well as trying to stay ahead of others trying to catch or pass you provides me with plenty of motivation. I've never done a 2k below 7... and doubt that I ever will... if you are athletic enough to pull it off - go for it... the C2 and RPRG will provide a great work out either way. <br /><br />Jim S<br /><br />P.S. Thanks to Sleepy for the posting tips... I think I have a handle on what I need to do now

[old] jimjayhawk

Post by [old] jimjayhawk » October 9th, 2005, 9:58 pm

<span style='color:blue'>Where is everyone? I feel like some sort of forum freak having two posts back to back... <br /><br />RPRG has taken a few major hits over the past 30 days... I know that I am already missing the 3 big-time fellows (Mike, Kevin, & Scott??) who accounted for over 4 million meters have left us... Since Labor Day we dropped from being in contention for 3rd all the way down to 8th in the standings... <br /><br />The good news is that with 71 members and the winter season approaching (for those of us in the northern hemisphere - hoping the Aussies keep rowing with us even though they are approaching their summer months)... I am hopeful that more RPRG members will clear the dirty laundry and debris from their C2 and log meters on a regular basis once again. Looking at the standings... there are several teams with significantly fewer members ahead of us... if more of us could manage to find our ergs 3-4 times a week on a regular basis... it really wouldn't matter if we were hard-core or doing 2k workouts... the meters all add up... <br /><br />And more importantly, getting back into a habit of rowing, along with the hand to mouth discipline maintained by Rowedandrode (see other thread), we will be moving closer to our goals of personal fitness and weightloss. <br /><br />My back is still touch and go... but I hearby pledge to row no less than 15,000 meters by next Saturday night... Feel free to customize your pledge to your personal situation... but I'm hoping everyone who reads this will strive to increase their rowing and fitness in the coming week. <br /><br />Is anyone else out there? <br /><br />Jim S.</span>

[old] Sleepy_Floyd

Post by [old] Sleepy_Floyd » October 10th, 2005, 1:58 am

I'm still here.. i can pledge 25K per week.. will probably exceed that.. but thats all I'll pledge for now.. and just to put a mark on the wall.. right now the RPRG'ers currently near me in the ranks are:<br /><br />Bobbi Pasternak - 329.4K<br />Chuck Kennington - 304.4K<br />Mary Matthews - 299.7K<br />-------------------------------<br />George Louie (ME) - 290.4K<br />------------------------------<br />Bas de Natris - 289K<br />Rika Werner - 286.3K<br />Nelda Sturgill - 271.8K<br /><br />To those behind me - "Catch me if you can!!!" <br /><br />To those in front of me - "Move to the right, I'm Coming Through!!!" <br /><br />-SF