Team Row Pain, Row Gain

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] Zot

Weight Loss/ Weight Control

Post by [old] Zot » September 7th, 2005, 1:18 am

<!--QuoteBegin-RockinRobin+Sep 3 2005, 05:01 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(RockinRobin @ Sep 3 2005, 05:01 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->.........<br />Warning:  Beware the Turtle!  Sorry boys, I kinda like the number 350     <br />Zot, you definately gave me a run for my money!  I can't believe we sneaked by Jason while he was back snoozin on his couch <grin>    <br /><br />"To begin a journey one must have courage; to finish a journey one must have perseverance."<br /><br />Anybody up for 400??? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hi Robin,<br /><br />400K sure feels sweet! You won't catch ME snoozing 2 challenges in a row!<br /><br /> <br /><br />Z<br /><br /><br />

[old] RockinRobin

Post by [old] RockinRobin » September 7th, 2005, 7:53 am

)<br /><!--QuoteBegin-Zot+Sep 7 2005, 12:18 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Zot @ Sep 7 2005, 12:18 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-RockinRobin+Sep 3 2005, 05:01 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(RockinRobin @ Sep 3 2005, 05:01 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->.........<br />Warning:  Beware the Turtle!  Sorry boys, I kinda like the number 350     <br />Zot, you definately gave me a run for my money!   I can't believe we sneaked by Jason while he was back snoozin on his couch <grin>     <br /><br />"To begin a journey one must have courage; to finish a journey one must have perseverance."<br /><br />Anybody up for 400??? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hi Robin,<br /><br />400K sure feels sweet! You won't catch ME snoozing 2 challenges in a row!<br /><br /> <br /><br />Z <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>Congratulations Zoli on reaching 400,000 meters!</span></span></span> I rowed last nite but could barely eek out 10K. I guess that shows who really has the stamina. And yes it feels great when you complete a goal you have to work for, those good endorphines kick in to say yeah, way to go!<br /><br />(Trouncing the competition doesn't hurt either )

[old] code_monkey

Post by [old] code_monkey » September 7th, 2005, 10:58 am

<!--QuoteBegin-RockinRobin+Sep 7 2005, 03:53 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(RockinRobin @ Sep 7 2005, 03:53 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->     )<br /><!--QuoteBegin-Zot+Sep 7 2005, 12:18 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Zot @ Sep 7 2005, 12:18 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-RockinRobin+Sep 3 2005, 05:01 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(RockinRobin @ Sep 3 2005, 05:01 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->.........<br />Warning:  Beware the Turtle!  Sorry boys, I kinda like the number 350     <br />Zot, you definately gave me a run for my money!  I can't believe we sneaked by Jason while he was back snoozin on his couch <grin>    <br /><br />"To begin a journey one must have courage; to finish a journey one must have perseverance."<br /><br />Anybody up for 400??? <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hi Robin,<br /><br />400K sure feels sweet! You won't catch ME snoozing 2 challenges in a row!<br /><br /> <br /><br />Z <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>Congratulations Zoli on reaching 400,000 meters!</span></span></span> I rowed last nite but could barely eek out 10K. I guess that shows who really has the stamina. And yes it feels great when you complete a goal you have to work for, those good endorphines kick in to say yeah, way to go!<br /><br />(Trouncing the competition doesn't hurt either ) <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br /><br />And I, sadly, have not rowed much at all.... But, I was rowing on Monday and hurt my back so have to take a few days off to recuperate.<br />I think it was from turning my head a little to the side to watch tv, which may have twisted my torso just enough to be out of alignment.<br />So, that being said, even though I initiated the 350K challenge, I am the only one that has yet to complete it...<sigh><br /><br />-jason<br />

[old] jimjayhawk

Post by [old] jimjayhawk » September 7th, 2005, 12:29 pm

Holy smokes! Have you noticed how the WelshIrishScotEnglish team is pulling away from us? There has been nearly a 2 million meter turn around in little under a week!!!<br /><br />Have we stopped rowing? Are they living on their ergs? Any explanations? Or can we simply write it off on the holiday weekend???? <br /><br />I'm not going to sit by and let them blow us out of the water... <br /><br />I've decided that I want to make it to the 5000 meters a day and above honor board by the end of September.... <br /><br />If I can maintain an average of 8000 a day for the remainder of September... I'll make it...

[old] code_monkey

Post by [old] code_monkey » September 7th, 2005, 2:37 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-jimjayhawk+Sep 7 2005, 08:29 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(jimjayhawk @ Sep 7 2005, 08:29 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Holy smokes! Have you noticed how the WelshIrishScotEnglish team is pulling away from us? There has been nearly a 2 million meter turn around in little under a week!!!<br /><br />Have we stopped rowing? Are they living on their ergs? Any explanations? Or can we simply write it off on the holiday weekend???? <br /><br />I'm not going to sit by and let them blow us out of the water... <br /><br />I've decided that I want to make it to the 5000 meters a day and above honor board by the end of September.... <br /><br />If I can maintain an average of 8000 a day for the remainder of September... I'll make it... <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Good luck, Jim. I have a feeling you'll be able to do it. If nothing else, I'll be rooting for you.<br /><br />-jason

[old] Zot

Post by [old] Zot » September 7th, 2005, 2:44 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-jimjayhawk+Sep 7 2005, 09:29 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(jimjayhawk @ Sep 7 2005, 09:29 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Holy smokes! Have you noticed how the WelshIrishScotEnglish team is pulling away from us? There has been nearly a 2 million meter turn around in little under a week!!!<br /><br />Have we stopped rowing? Are they living on their ergs? Any explanations? Or can we simply write it off on the holiday weekend???? <br /><br />I'm not going to sit by and let them blow us out of the water... <br /><br />I've decided that I want to make it to the 5000 meters a day and above honor board by the end of September.... <br /><br />If I can maintain an average of 8000 a day for the remainder of September... I'll make it... <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I'm doing what I can - I've added almost 100K since 9/1 (average 16.5K meters a day) <br /><br />Jason - sorry you got hurt - I've been there before. A few months ago I was doing some heavy leg presses and tweaked my back - spent a week in bed. So I can relate!<br /><br />Don't worry about the 350K - You lit a fire with your challenge and we as a team all benifited from that. I know you will catch up when you recover, in the meantime we'll carry the load for you, cuz that's what a team does <br /><br />Z<br /><br />

[old] copywriter

Post by [old] copywriter » September 7th, 2005, 7:00 pm

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE<br /><br />Sorry to have gone AWOL. Travel for work, travel for pleasure. <br /><br />Back on the case now, lots of catching up to do!<br /><br />Ken Munn, GBR

[old] cnapier

Post by [old] cnapier » September 7th, 2005, 9:26 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-jimjayhawk+Sep 7 2005, 11:29 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(jimjayhawk @ Sep 7 2005, 11:29 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Holy smokes! Have you noticed how the WelshIrishScotEnglish team is pulling away from us? There has been nearly a 2 million meter turn around in little under a week!!!<br /><br />Have we stopped rowing? Are they living on their ergs? Any explanations? Or can we simply write it off on the holiday weekend???? <br /><br />I'm not going to sit by and let them blow us out of the water... <br /><br />I've decided that I want to make it to the 5000 meters a day and above honor board by the end of September.... <br /><br />If I can maintain an average of 8000 a day for the remainder of September... I'll make it... <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Howdy all,<br /><br />Well, yes I stopped rowing.<br /><br />The cold I came down with kind of progressed into pneumonia, only found out due to blood in my sputum (lots, for a couple of hours) which scared me into seeing the doctor. So ten days antibiotics, a chest x-ray or two, bumped my calories up to maintence levels and rest.<br /><br />But...I'm coming back. 6000 meters this evening.<br /><br />Damage to the weight loss efforts? Up about a pound.<br /><br />Won't cut back the calories (points really-WW program) until Monday and should be back up to regular workouts once more.<br /><br />As someone once said "It's not how many times you fall...it's how many times you get back up that counts" or something along those lines.<br /><br />Charles

[old] rowmantic

Post by [old] rowmantic » September 8th, 2005, 2:19 pm

<br /> <br />[/quote]<br /><br /><br />As someone once said "It's not how many times you fall...it's how many times you get back up that counts" or something along those lines.<br /><br />Charles <br />[/quote]<br /><br /><br />Well put. Perseverance certainly is the key. Glad you are able to get back to rowing. I can't say that it is easy to hop on my erg every day, but knowing that others are counting on me sure helps. I love reading everyone's input especially as I sit here drinking my caffeinated black tea. Give up caffeine?!? never....<br />~Grace

[old] blandings

Post by [old] blandings » September 9th, 2005, 9:25 am

Thanks Team<br /><br />I've been a member for three weeks now and in those three weeks I've:<br /><br />- rowed over 110,000 meters <br />- learned the real purpose of bubble wrap<br />- sympathized with Jason, Charles, and Mark in their desire to row despite ill health<br />- cheered Robin on in her race with "the boys"<br />- started rowing strapless in sock feet and watched my spm drop and pace increase<br />- found I enjoy rowing for an hour but more than that is work<br />- watched Andy and Jimmie Sue tag team up the rankings and I put in extra meters to stay ahead of them<br />- drunk tea with Grace but mine has skim milk in it for the calcium to prevent osteoporosis<br /><br />and last but most important and the reason I joined the team, I've lost 3 pounds. <br /><br />I know I could have done it on my own but I wouldn't have, so thanks for the banter, encouragement and meters.<br /><br />Go Team, Row<br /><br />Alice<br /><br />PS If you have to stop rowing for a while Jason, there are lots of us who will race you to 350

[old] code_monkey

Post by [old] code_monkey » September 9th, 2005, 11:00 am

<!--QuoteBegin-blandings+Sep 9 2005, 05:25 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(blandings @ Sep 9 2005, 05:25 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Thanks Team<br /><br />I've been a member for three weeks now and in those three weeks I've:<br /><br />- rowed over 110,000 meters <br />- learned the real purpose of bubble wrap<br />- sympathized with Jason, Charles, and Mark in their desire to row despite ill health<br />- cheered Robin on in her race with "the boys"<br />- started rowing strapless in sock feet and watched my spm drop and pace increase<br />- found I enjoy rowing for an hour but more than that is work<br />- watched Andy and Jimmie Sue tag team up the rankings and I put in extra meters to stay ahead of them<br />- drunk tea with Grace but mine has skim milk in it for the calcium to prevent osteoporosis<br /><br />and last but most important and the reason I joined the team, I've lost 3 pounds. <br /><br />I know I could have done it on my own but I wouldn't have, so thanks for the banter, encouragement and meters.<br /><br />Go Team, Row<br /><br />Alice<br /><br />PS If you have to stop rowing for a while Jason, there are lots of us who will race you to 350 <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Yes, as it turns out, I'm still not 100%. My back still hurts, but continues to improve with each new day. So, those of you that are below the 350K mark have a good chance to put in some meters, uncontested by myself.<br />So, come one, come all - join in on the race or email someone closer to your total, no matter where you are in the rankings, and challenge them to go for broke with you...<grin><br />I am hoping to be back on my erg after the weekend.<br /><br /><br />-jason

[old] julieofarc

Post by [old] julieofarc » September 9th, 2005, 7:45 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-fornelli+Sep 9 2005, 08:00 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(fornelli @ Sep 9 2005, 08:00 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Yes, as it turns out, I'm still not 100%. My back still hurts, but continues to improve with each new day. ....I am hoping to be back on my erg after the weekend.<br />-jason <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I'm right there with ya, Jason! I did something bad to my lower back on the water last Friday (the boat set was really bad, and so some of the strokes were really weird position-wise), then sat in a car for 8 hrs to my folks, erged down there, and then sat for another 8 hrs. on the return trip. Bad combination. Then I foolishly went out to row on Tues. AM- it was too windy so we did a land workout. I haven't been this sore since high school cross country, or maybe college crew stadium runs. So, between the lower back thing and the sore muscles, I've been sitting since Tuesday. I'm really antsy to get back on the erg & water, but I know if I do it'll make my recovery worse later on. <br /><br />All that is to say, it does take discipline to know when to lay off and rest your body. Good for you for staying off the erg until you can get back on without further injuring yourself. And we know you'll get back on track soon! (As will I... My fear is always "if I stop now, how do I know I'll pick it back up?" Hey Grace- make sure you pester me sometime next week to make sure I'm back in the groove, okay?)<br /><br />I've lost a total of 10# now since I started rowing again. Gotta love that.

[old] jimjayhawk

Post by [old] jimjayhawk » September 10th, 2005, 9:37 am

W.I.S.E. must have really gotten peeved with us... they've pulled out to a 3 million meter lead... we either need a bunch of lurkers with stock-piled meters to join RPRG or everyone who has been ignoring their C2 for the past 2 weeks get back on it or we will never get close to them again! <br /><br />Jim

[old] code_monkey

Post by [old] code_monkey » September 10th, 2005, 5:26 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-julieofarc+Sep 9 2005, 03:45 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(julieofarc @ Sep 9 2005, 03:45 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-fornelli+Sep 9 2005, 08:00 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(fornelli @ Sep 9 2005, 08:00 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Yes, as it turns out, I'm still not 100%. My back still hurts, but continues to improve with each new day. ....I am hoping to be back on my erg after the weekend.<br />-jason <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I'm right there with ya, Jason! I did something bad to my lower back on the water last Friday (the boat set was really bad, and so some of the strokes were really weird position-wise), then sat in a car for 8 hrs to my folks, erged down there, and then sat for another 8 hrs. on the return trip. Bad combination. Then I foolishly went out to row on Tues. AM- it was too windy so we did a land workout. I haven't been this sore since high school cross country, or maybe college crew stadium runs. So, between the lower back thing and the sore muscles, I've been sitting since Tuesday. I'm really antsy to get back on the erg & water, but I know if I do it'll make my recovery worse later on. <br /><br />All that is to say, it does take discipline to know when to lay off and rest your body. Good for you for staying off the erg until you can get back on without further injuring yourself. And we know you'll get back on track soon! (As will I... My fear is always "if I stop now, how do I know I'll pick it back up?" Hey Grace- make sure you pester me sometime next week to make sure I'm back in the groove, okay?)<br /><br />I've lost a total of 10# now since I started rowing again. Gotta love that. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Thanks for the kind and encouraging words, Julie.<br />I did end up going out for a 6.5 mile hike with a 340 meter change in elevation (lowest point to highest point, but up and down and up and down....) today so got plenty of exercise and the back didn't bother me. I am trying to stretch it out as I can.<br />I'm still going to wait until Monday at the earliest, but will wait until then to make some determination.<br /><br />-jason

[old] SteveCO

Post by [old] SteveCO » September 10th, 2005, 5:30 pm

Hello, Newbie here.<br /><br />I just started hitting the Erg again in August after a few months off. Just thru diet changes like avoiding wheat, sugar, and fast food along with walking my dog I went from 168# in May to 161# in August. I am only 5'6", so I would like to get down to around 150#.<br /><br />Now I lost another 3# since hitting the ERG. I signed up for this team and maybe I can at least pass some of you (most of you are REALLY far ahead).<br /><br />Thanks for the motivation,<br />Steve<br /><br />PS It is so nice to see that L for lightweight now, I was chasing it for about a year on and off.