Dwayne's Race Fund.

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] hjs

Competitions

Post by [old] hjs » March 1st, 2006, 12:06 pm

<!--quoteo(post=57861:date=Mar 1 2006, 05:02 PM:name=H_2O)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(H_2O @ Mar 1 2006, 05:02 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--quoteo(post=57857:date=Mar 1 2006, 10:56 AM:name=cbrock)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(cbrock @ Mar 1 2006, 10:56 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><br />We all pledge (and C2 hopefully)a certain amount to the cause if he breaks a record a lesser amount if he rows a time within 5% of the record.<br /><br />Chris<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />But indeed, what <b>do</b> you pledge?<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br /><br />Sing me up for 50 euro's, no dollars offcause I only use real money :D :D

[old] Porkchop

Competitions

Post by [old] Porkchop » March 1st, 2006, 12:13 pm

What Diesel said -- me, too.

[old] mpukita

Competitions

Post by [old] mpukita » March 1st, 2006, 12:15 pm

<!--quoteo(post=57832:date=Mar 1 2006, 09:29 AM:name=Chad Williams)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Mar 1 2006, 09:29 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>I don’t know of Evesham, I am not available for that race if it is July 8th. My 1st race will be BiRC and or EiRC, you can take as many pictures as you like of me at that event.<br /> </td></tr></table><br />Chad:<br /><br />I'm not trying to bait you here ... this is an honest question ... how is your turning me down here, that much different than Dwayne's preferring not to race? <br /><br />I could say, "Chad, I don't think you can break the equivalent adjusted pace of a sub 7:00 2K for a Mile." Because you've said you can, does your rejection of Evesham allow me to call you a liar or a cheat?<br /><br />No need to respond quickly ... take a few moments to give this some thought, please.<br /><br />Regards ... Mark

[old] H_2O

Competitions

Post by [old] H_2O » March 1st, 2006, 12:22 pm

<!--quoteo(post=57862:date=Mar 1 2006, 11:05 AM:name=cbrock)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(cbrock @ Mar 1 2006, 11:05 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>H20,<br />Whatever Mark pledges and providing he agrees to pay my share if my wife beats his time!<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />No, No!<br /><br />Let us not have pledges with conditions attached such as<br />"if the comet rises in the east" of "if a mule gives birth" or such.<br /><br />We need raw, pure pledges --- or else how shall we know how much money we have?

[old] mpukita

Competitions

Post by [old] mpukita » March 1st, 2006, 12:29 pm

<!--quoteo(post=57867:date=Mar 1 2006, 11:22 AM:name=H_2O)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(H_2O @ Mar 1 2006, 11:22 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--quoteo(post=57862:date=Mar 1 2006, 11:05 AM:name=cbrock)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(cbrock @ Mar 1 2006, 11:05 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>H20,<br />Whatever Mark pledges and providing he agrees to pay my share if my wife beats his time!<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />No, No!<br /><br />Let us not have pledges with conditions attached such as<br />"if the comet rises in the east" of "if a mule gives birth" or such.<br /><br />We need raw, pure pledges --- or else how shall we know how much money we have?<br /> </td></tr></table><br />I believe Chris was joking around H2O as his wife may be able to kick my butt on the erg. See:<br /><br /><a href="http://www.concept2.co.uk/wirc/results_ ... ace=21&w=l" target="_blank">http://www.concept2.co.uk/wirc/results_ ... w=l</a><br /><br />She's the SILVER MEDALIST.<br /><br />Bravo! to her, BTW.

[old] Dickie

Competitions

Post by [old] Dickie » March 1st, 2006, 12:33 pm

<!--quoteo(post=57816:date=Mar 1 2006, 08:43 AM:name=Ericr)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Ericr @ Mar 1 2006, 08:43 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>I think some members doubts are funded, more so because they compete on almost the same level on the rankings. Even if it's an honour system, still some proof has to be delivered. <br /><br />What if some unknown guy ranks #1 rankings year after year, but that same guy never shows up in racing or does not deliver any shroud of proof. Wouldn't most members doubt those times. It's not much different to the case of a contributing member to this forum that ranks those #1 times. <br /><br />It begs the question why Dwayne does not silence his doubters with one easy to deliver piece of evidence. Digicams are quite common in our western world, be it photo or video it's not too hard to deliver something that will silence his doubters forever.<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I disagree, the ranking lists are for your best time of the year, be it training or racing. They could not conceivably be for racing only, as there are very few races in any event other than the 2k, and even in the 2k less than half on the list ever race. Also, just because you race, does not guarantee a best time (There is at least 1 winner from WIRC that has a better training time than their winning performance by almost 5 seconds). We also saw a former world record holder who could not perform that day for whatever reason.<br /><br />There may be lots of reasons Dwayne or anyone else does not attend a particular race. Family, work or financial reasons all dictate when and where we are able to race. Dwayne was on the USIRT development squad, but if I remember correctly, he was out of the country when he would have to qualify. I noticed Chad was not at WIRC either, but no one calls him out.<br /><br />I think the main problem is that people take the ranking far more seriously than was ever intended, I was here from almost the beginning (member number 60) and as I recall the ranking was for motivational purposes. What motivation is there for the vast majority of users who never race if you restrict it to racing or demand that the top people prove themselves. If it bothers you that much then just post a better time and be done with it.<br /><br />Short of a public race performance, there is no way to silence doubters, Dwayne was asked to perform and get the requisite IND_V, which he did, but that is not enough, now they want a photo of the monitor. I suspect that if that were given there would be those who would say he must have scammed the monitor by having several people row, or he must have done intervals. he could provide a video and there would be speculation that he somehow altered the tape. he is in a no win situation.<br /><br />This is an honor system with training times, I think its time to lighten up.

[old] PaulS

Competitions

Post by [old] PaulS » March 1st, 2006, 12:41 pm

<!--quoteo(post=57866:date=Mar 1 2006, 08:15 AM:name=mpukita)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(mpukita @ Mar 1 2006, 08:15 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--quoteo(post=57832:date=Mar 1 2006, 09:29 AM:name=Chad Williams)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Chad Williams @ Mar 1 2006, 09:29 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>I don’t know of Evesham, I am not available for that race if it is July 8th. My 1st race will be BiRC and or EiRC, you can take as many pictures as you like of me at that event.<br /> </td></tr></table><br />Chad:<br /><br />I'm not trying to bait you here ... this is an honest question ... how is your turning me down here, that much different than Dwayne's preferring not to race? <br /><br />I could say, "Chad, I don't think you can break the equivalent adjusted pace of a sub 7:00 2K for a Mile." Because you've said you can, does your rejection of Evesham allow me to call you a liar or a cheat?<br /><br />Regards ... Mark<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />The situations are completely different. <br /><br />Dwayne has been entered in races an had unfortunate circumstances prevail. Chad has said when his target race is and, pending unfortunate circumstances, should be allowed to stay on track for that.<br /><br />I'm 99.99% certain that if you asked Chad to prove that he could complete a Mile (1609m) at 1:43-1:42 to show what you "think" is wrong, he would do it. Now if you meant to "think" Sub-6:00 2k adjust pace for a mile (~1:28) then that would likely fall outside the training plan enough to be avoided. Anyway, he's a FB now and we only do what we want to do. 8) <br /><br />I heard of a very good athlete, that was being asked to show up to a race to help promote the thing, say "I'll be happy to come out an do a 5:45 Erg for you, I'm just not sure how many meters I'll be covering." :P

[old] cbrock

Competitions

Post by [old] cbrock » March 1st, 2006, 12:42 pm

[quote name='mpukita' date='Mar 2 2006, 12:29 AM' post='57868']<br />Mark,<br />I'm going to Bed.<br /><br />zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz<br /><br />

[old] H_2O

Competitions

Post by [old] H_2O » March 1st, 2006, 12:44 pm

<!--quoteo(post=57869:date=Mar 1 2006, 11:33 AM:name=Dickie)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Dickie @ Mar 1 2006, 11:33 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>I think its time to lighten up.<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Far from it --- now is the time to make your pledge!<br />

[old] mpukita

Competitions

Post by [old] mpukita » March 1st, 2006, 12:47 pm

<!--quoteo(post=57872:date=Mar 1 2006, 11:41 AM:name=PaulS)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(PaulS @ Mar 1 2006, 11:41 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>The situations are completely different. <br /><br />Anyway, he's a FB now and we only do what we want to do. 8) <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Not in <b><u>my</u></b> world they're not!<br /><br /> :D <br /><br />You're just taking sides because he's now on your team!<br /><br /> :twisted:

[old] John Rupp

Competitions

Post by [old] John Rupp » March 1st, 2006, 12:59 pm

<!--quoteo(post=57800:date=Mar 1 2006, 05:12 AM:name=Ericr)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Ericr @ Mar 1 2006, 05:12 AM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>I think it's better to leave Andreas out of the equation considering Dwayne's challenge to race Andreas on the water. That was a bogus challenge, Andreas is no on water rower so no need to repeat that challenge over and over again.<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />John Rupp has pointed out that Andreas is a much better canoeist than Dwayne, and would probably beat Dwayne 100% of the time on such On Water races.<br /><br />John makes a great point with this.<br /><br />I agree with him and think Andreas should take Dwayne up on this challenge.<br />

[old] j.d

Competitions

Post by [old] j.d » March 1st, 2006, 1:07 pm

£50

[old] H_2O

Competitions

Post by [old] H_2O » March 1st, 2006, 1:22 pm

Pledged men of substance are these:<br /><br /><b>mpukita, Ericr, j.d., hjs, Chad, PaulS, H_2O</b><br /><br />whilst these:<br /><br /><i>John Rupp, Porkchop, cbrock, Dickie, whp4</i><br /><br />are men of vaporous words but without deeds, and <b>those</b>:<br /><br />Cant_Climb, nharrigan, Paul_B, hepting, Spectre, NavigationHazard, Andreas,<br />c2jon, Mike_McGuirk, FrancoisA, John_'SugarBoy'Foy, samdkrc, Will, mumbles<br /><br />sneakily hung about but dared not show themselves. <br /><br />

[old] mpukita

Competitions

Post by [old] mpukita » March 1st, 2006, 1:27 pm

<!--quoteo(post=57887:date=Mar 1 2006, 12:22 PM:name=H_2O)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(H_2O @ Mar 1 2006, 12:22 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>Pledged men of substance are these:<br /><br /><b>mpukita, Ericr, j.d., hjs, Chad, PaulS, H_2O</b><br /><br />whilst these:<br /><br /><i>John Rupp, Porkchop, cbrock, Dickie, whp4</i><br /><br />are men of vaporous words but without deeds, and <b>those</b>:<br /><br />Cant_Climb, nharrigan, Paul_B, hepting, Spectre, NavigationHazard, Andreas,<br />c2jon, Mike_McGuirk, FrancoisA, John_'SugarBoy'Foy, samdkrc, Will, mumbles<br /><br />sneakily hung about but dared not show themselves.<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Another purely non-judgemental post ... <br />

[old] John &#39;SugarBoy&#39; Foy

Competitions

Post by [old] John &#39;SugarBoy&#39; Foy » March 1st, 2006, 1:41 pm

<!--quoteo(post=57887:date=Mar 1 2006, 05:22 PM:name=H_2O)--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(H_2O @ Mar 1 2006, 05:22 PM) </b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'>Pledged men of substance are these:<br /><br /><b>mpukita, Ericr, j.d., hjs, Chad, PaulS, H_2O</b><br /><br />whilst these:<br /><br /><i>John Rupp, Porkchop, cbrock, Dickie, whp4</i><br /><br />are men of vaporous words but without deeds, and <b>those</b>:<br /><br />Cant_Climb, nharrigan, Paul_B, hepting, Spectre, NavigationHazard, Andreas,<br />c2jon, Mike_McGuirk, FrancoisA, John_'SugarBoy'Foy, samdkrc, Will, mumbles<br /><br /><b><!--sizeo:7--><span style="font-size:36pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->sneakily hung about but dared not show themselves<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->.</b> </td></tr></table><br /><br />This should say ' These sensible people preferred to piss themselves laughing at children having playground arguments on an internet forum'<br /><br /><br />John<br />