Fast Fall Races

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] JaapR

e-row

Post by [old] JaapR » October 11th, 2005, 1:32 pm

Hi,<br />The straight 5k for the next weekend has been set up for sunday 16, 8:30 GMT.<br />My target will be 16:46. GMT afternoon or evening rowing is not possible for Roland. <br /><br />Roland, Pieter and Hennie: again I can't join you with the 3x2000 next saturday. With my 11-year old son and lots of other kids (and parents) I will join a mountain bike training that day. Hope to see you next sunday morning.<br /><br />Jaap

[old] H_2O

e-row

Post by [old] H_2O » October 12th, 2005, 5:22 am

<!--QuoteBegin-JaapR+Oct 7 2005, 12:51 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(JaapR @ Oct 7 2005, 12:51 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I will miss Michael who is at about the same pace as I am.<br /><br />Jaap<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Not any more. I don't think I can break 17:00 in my current shape.<br />We'll see on Sunday.

[old] hennmart

e-row

Post by [old] hennmart » October 12th, 2005, 5:26 am

<!--QuoteBegin-JaapR+Oct 11 2005, 07:32 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(JaapR @ Oct 11 2005, 07:32 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi,<br />The straight 5k for the next weekend has been set up for sunday 16, 8:30 GMT.<br />My target will be 16:46. GMT afternoon or evening rowing is not possible for Roland. <br /><br />Roland, Pieter and Hennie: again I can't join you  with the 3x2000 next saturday. With my 11-year old son and lots of other kids (and parents) I will join a mountain bike training that day. Hope to see you next sunday morning.<br /><br />Jaap <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Hi Jaap,<br /><br />Have fun on your mountain bike training. Maybe next week you can join us?<br /><br />Hennie

[old] H_2O

e-row

Post by [old] H_2O » October 15th, 2005, 6:12 pm

I pulled out of the 5K since I am in dreadful shape.<br /><br />I used to have a very sloppy posture on the rowing machine (hips tilted backward, back arched, arms scraping along knees) which I resolved to change by straigthening myself, sitting more upright, keeping the hips straight, legs narrow.<br /><br />I could tell right away that this is a much better posture.<br />Unfortunately I seem to have injured a muscle in my left lower back (on the other side of where I usually have my problems).<br /><br />As it is only a muscle injury I am determined to row through it (it's not even slowing me down but is a nuisance nonetheless).<br /><br />However I am also mentally in bad shape and the scope of my ambitions has now shrunk to the 2000m at the Austrian indoor rowing championships (where the competition in my age group will be only lightweights).<br /><br />I intend to follow a minimalist preparation consisting only of rowing the 2K three times a week following some intense warmup.<br />I don't think I will be participating in any online races. <br /><br />Best of wishes for all of you.

[old] JaapR

e-row

Post by [old] JaapR » October 16th, 2005, 5:39 am

<!--QuoteBegin-H_2O+Oct 15 2005, 05:12 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(H_2O @ Oct 15 2005, 05:12 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I pulled out of the 5K since I am in dreadful shape.<br /><br />I used to have a very sloppy posture on the rowing machine (hips tilted backward, back arched, arms scraping along knees) which I resolved to change by straigthening myself, sitting more upright, keeping the hips straight, legs narrow.<br /><br />I could tell right away that this is a much better posture.<br />Unfortunately I seem to have injured a muscle in my left lower back (on the other side of where I usually have my problems).<br /><br />As it is only a muscle injury I am determined to row through it (it's not even slowing me down but is a nuisance nonetheless).<br /><br />However I am also mentally in bad shape and the scope of my ambitions has now shrunk to the 2000m at the Austrian indoor rowing championships (where the competition in my age group will be only lightweights).<br /><br />I intend to follow a minimalist preparation consisting only of rowing the 2K three times a week following some intense warmup.<br />I don't think I will be participating in any online races. <br /><br />Best of wishes for all of you. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hi Michael,<br />Sorry to hear about the new back problem. It's a good excuse to withdraw. Being in a dreadful shape isn't. If your back is ok, I think you should start joining the online races again, where you can race against rowers who are at your level or even slightly faster. Not saying you should not go to the Austrian championships, on the contrary, but to focus entirely on a 2k in january and miss all the fun online?<br />I'm sure that as soon as your back is ok again and you can start picking up the interval training and some online races with serious competition, you will be back in pb shape within 3 weeks.<br /><br />all the best, hope to see you soon online<br /><br />Jaap <br /><br /><br />

[old] hennmart

e-row

Post by [old] hennmart » October 16th, 2005, 5:43 am

<!--QuoteBegin-H_2O+Oct 16 2005, 12:12 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(H_2O @ Oct 16 2005, 12:12 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I pulled out of the 5K since I am in dreadful shape.<br /><br />I used to have a very sloppy posture on the rowing machine (hips tilted backward, back arched, arms scraping along knees) which I resolved to change by straigthening myself, sitting more upright, keeping the hips straight, legs narrow.<br /><br /><br />I intend to follow a minimalist preparation consisting only of rowing the 2K three times a week following some intense warmup.<br />I don't think I will be participating in any online races. <br /><br />Best of wishes for all of you. <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Michael, best wishes to you and I hope that you will soon recover and that we see you again online.<br /><br />Hennie

[old] JaapR

e-row

Post by [old] JaapR » October 16th, 2005, 6:03 am

Hi,<br />Results for this morning fast_fall_5k_s3 race are as follows:<br /><br /><!--c1--><table width='95%' cellspacing='1' cellpadding='3' border='0' align='center'><tr><td><b><div class='genmed'>CODE</div></b></td></tr><tr><td class='code'><div><!--ec1--><br />Name                       Time   <br />Jaap Roosma                16:49.0    <br />Pieter de Jong             17:19.3    <br />Hennie Martini             17:45.4    <br /><!--c2--></div></td></tr></table><br /><br />A great PB for Pieter. Congrats Pieter. Hennie rowed a 2k PB yesterday so took it easy today. I rowed slightly faster than last week, however not the pb (too much food/alcohol yesterday evening). But a lot of races to go, and I feel the shape is growing each week.<br />Only 3 competitors . I heard Roland is joining an indoor race in Australia this weekend. How did it go Roland? Please let me know if you intend to join the fast fall races in the next weeks. The 8:30 GMT is not my ideal time of the day to set a pb, but if you are joining this compensates because I think I'm getting closer to your times every week so your a terrific pace boat.<br /><br />Jaap<br />

[old] Sir Pirate

e-row

Post by [old] Sir Pirate » October 16th, 2005, 6:31 am

Nice row guys <br /><br />I could not join this 5K as I was at a training day yesterday and rowed a 5K, 30 min @ 20spm the did a 10sec on 50sec off x10 sprint session. (see my training diary for full splits and times etc.. <a href='http://www.concept2.co.uk/forum/weblog. ... a8919a203c' target='_blank'>http://www.concept2.co.uk/forum/weblog. ... 03c</a><br />It would have been a bit much for me to row again 1st thing this morning.<br /><br />I am racing the one at 2:00pm today. I now have a stinking cold, so will not be going full out today, which is a shame, as I was going to beat you time Jaap <br /><br />Sir P

[old] Roland Baltutis

e-row

Post by [old] Roland Baltutis » October 16th, 2005, 11:36 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-JaapR+Oct 16 2005, 05:03 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(JaapR @ Oct 16 2005, 05:03 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi,<br />Results for this morning fast_fall_5k_s3 race are as follows:<br /><br /><!--c1--><table width='95%' cellspacing='1' cellpadding='3' border='0' align='center'><tr><td><b><div class='genmed'>CODE</div></b></td></tr><tr><td class='code'><div><!--ec1--><br />Name                       Time   <br />Jaap Roosma                16:49.0    <br />Pieter de Jong             17:19.3    <br />Hennie Martini             17:45.4    <br /><!--c2--></div></td></tr></table><br /><br />A great PB for Pieter. Congrats Pieter. Hennie rowed a 2k PB yesterday so took it easy today. I rowed slightly faster than last week, however not the pb (too much food/alcohol yesterday evening). But a lot of races to go, and I feel the shape is growing each week.<br />Only 3 competitors . I heard Roland is joining an indoor race in Australia this weekend. How did it go Roland? Please let me know if you intend to join the fast fall races in the next weeks. The 8:30 GMT is not my ideal time of the day to set a pb, but if you are joining this compensates because I think I'm getting closer to your times every week so your a terrific pace boat.<br /><br />Jaap <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />I really wanted to join in this race with you guys and appreciate that you set the 8.30 GMT time slot to fit me in. I will be back in action next weekend in the 3 X 2000m workout and the Fall series race the following day.<br /><br />The reason I couldn't join in is because we had the Australian Indoor rowing champs on Sunday. As it turned out it was an easy race for me. I won the race by about 45 seconds. Because I had no pressure on me I just rowed it, well within myself, at 1.35 pace to finish in 6.20. I go faster than that in training but saw no reason to push myself when I was about 170 meters in front of the next guy. Hennie and Pieter could have easily won that race.<br /><br />Hence I hope to get some much needed competition from you guys over the coming weeks. Nice 16.49 row Jaap. I've got a feeling the next few races between us are going to be very close. I'm looking forward to that.<br /><br />Rockin Roland<br />

[old] hennmart

e-row

Post by [old] hennmart » October 17th, 2005, 5:30 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Roland Baltutis+Oct 17 2005, 05:36 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Roland Baltutis @ Oct 17 2005, 05:36 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-JaapR+Oct 16 2005, 05:03 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(JaapR @ Oct 16 2005, 05:03 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hi,<br />Results for this morning fast_fall_5k_s3 race are as follows:<br /><br /><!--c1--><table width='95%' cellspacing='1' cellpadding='3' border='0' align='center'><tr><td><b><div class='genmed'>CODE</div></b></td></tr><tr><td class='code'><div><!--ec1--><br />Name                       Time   <br />Jaap Roosma                16:49.0    <br />Pieter de Jong             17:19.3    <br />Hennie Martini             17:45.4    <br /><!--c2--></div></td></tr></table><br /><br />A great PB for Pieter. Congrats Pieter. Hennie rowed a 2k PB yesterday so took it easy today. I rowed slightly faster than last week, however not the pb (too much food/alcohol yesterday evening). But a lot of races to go, and I feel the shape is growing each week.<br />Jaap <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />The reason I couldn't join in is because we had the Australian Indoor rowing champs on Sunday. As it turned out it was an easy race for me. I won the race by about 45 seconds. Because I had no pressure on me I just rowed it, well within myself, at 1.35 pace to finish in 6.20. I go faster than that in training but saw no reason to push myself when I was about 170 meters in front of the next guy. Hennie and Pieter could have easily won that race.<br /><br />Hence I hope to get some much needed competition from you guys over the coming weeks. Nice 16.49 row Jaap. I've got a feeling the next few races between us are going to be very close. I'm looking forward to that.<br /><br />Rockin Roland <br /> </td></tr></table><br />Congratulations with your first place in the Australian Indoor rowing champs. It's a pity that I could not participate, but it is a little bit far away for one day <br /><br />See you Saturday on RP.<br /><br />Hennie<br />

[old] JaapR

e-row

Post by [old] JaapR » October 17th, 2005, 4:27 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Roland Baltutis+Oct 16 2005, 10:36 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Roland Baltutis @ Oct 16 2005, 10:36 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Because I had no pressure on me I just rowed it, well within myself, at 1.35 pace to finish in 6.20. I go faster than that in training but saw no reason to push myself when I was about 170 meters in front of the next guy. <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Roland,<br />Great time 6:20. I've never rowed such a fast time in training. Only twice in a competition. At the Dutch (also European) last year december I really had to give all in the last 500m to keep the next Dutch guy after me. The difference was only 0.5 seconds. <br />Good to hear you are joining (most of) the races next weeks. I scheduled the 6k handicap for Sunday 23-th 8:30 GMT. Hopefully Andreas can join us as well. I saw in the rankings that he has an incredible fast SB: 20:10.5. Pieter (SB 21:27.5) and/or Hennie (SB 21:27.8) will be competing for the bonus points I guess. My SB is 20:34.5 which I should be able to break. Roland, you did not rank an SB this season, so please let me know.<br /><br />Jaap

[old] Roland Baltutis

e-row

Post by [old] Roland Baltutis » October 18th, 2005, 11:29 pm

My SB is 20:34.5 which I should be able to break. Roland, you did not rank an SB this season, so please let me know.<br /><br />Jaap <br />[/quote]<br /><br />Jaap,<br /> <br />I haven't done a 6K on the erg yet this season. I have in a single scull on the water. Does that count? I guess since there isn't much defference between us I'm happy to take the same handicap as you, providing there are no objections. At least that way we can pace each other and make the race more interesting. It will be my first 6K race on the erg for the season so I hope I don't crash and burn.<br /><br />Rockin Roland<br /><br />

[old] Andreas

e-row

Post by [old] Andreas » October 19th, 2005, 12:09 am

Good to hear you are joining (most of) the races next weeks. I scheduled the 6k handicap for Sunday 23-th 8:30 GMT. Hopefully Andreas can join us as well. I saw in the rankings that he has an incredible fast SB: 20:10.5. <br /><br />Jaap <br />[/quote]<br /><br />Hi Jaap and Roland<br />Well done Roland with your 6:20.I will have trubble pulling this at this stage. Seems it came fearly easy to you.<br />Jaap, you did well on sunday's 5k. I blew up completely.Well done!!!<br />I'll try to join you guys on Su, but I'm in training at this stage and it doesnt realy fit in with the program.I won't come close to my SB.I'll be happy with a 20:40.<br /> CU (hopefully) Su.

[old] JaapR

e-row

Post by [old] JaapR » October 19th, 2005, 4:02 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Roland Baltutis+Oct 18 2005, 10:29 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Roland Baltutis @ Oct 18 2005, 10:29 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->It will be my first 6K race on the erg for the season.<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Roland, <br />If we do not get any objections, it's ok by me to use the same handicap based on 20:34.5. Officially, if you don't have an SB this year or last year, you should predict the 6k target out of your 5k result (20:46.6), using Nonathlon. But I don't know how to do that.<br /><br />If Andreas joins us (you did not yet register Andreas), we can also start all together at the delay based on his SB which is 20:10.5. <br /><br />Jaap<br />

[old] JaapR

e-row

Post by [old] JaapR » October 19th, 2005, 4:20 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Andreas+Oct 18 2005, 11:09 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Andreas @ Oct 18 2005, 11:09 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Jaap, you did well on sunday's 5k. I blew up completely.Well done!!!<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Your 16:44 the week before is still 5 sec faster, but if my progress is 1 sec each week, it won't take long before I'm faster (and if the sky comes down we will all sleep under a blue blanket).<br /><br /><!--QuoteBegin-Andreas+Oct 18 2005, 11:09 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Andreas @ Oct 18 2005, 11:09 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I'll try to join you guys on Su, but I'm in training at this stage and it doesnt  realy fit in with the program.I won't come close to my SB.I'll be happy with a 20:40.<br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Can you tell us more about your training program? Is the estimated 20:40 because of the heavy training you are doing this week?<br />Currently, I'm doing 2 intervals a week, and with the fall races one fast race. The last six weeks I've been training 5 times a week (about 64km). The remaining 2 days/week are U1 and sometimes an U2 (too boring).<br /><br />Jaap