Best Use Of Rower To Lose Weight?

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] cityeast

Weight Loss/ Weight Control

Post by [old] cityeast » January 10th, 2005, 8:35 am

I would also like to see some supporting evidence.<br><br>My main concern is stretching. I would have to spend most of the break-time stretching to avoid pain, soreness, or injury. <br><br>And anyway, for me any break longer than 30sec is enough time to reach the refrigerator. After 30min continuous I've lost my appetite . <br><br>Thanks, but for now I will stick with 30-60min continuous for weight loss. I intend to introduce intervals soon but nothing that involves "breaks" as such.

LindaM

Weight Loss/ Weight Control

Post by LindaM » January 10th, 2005, 9:47 am

he biggest advantage I've found for longish intervals with active rest periods, is that it keeps me on the erg longer. One of my favorite workouts is 10 x 5:00 with 3:00 rests. I do the work intervals at 2:25 - 2:30/500. And I estimate the rest periods are 2:40 - 2:50/500. I can (and often do) do 50-60 minutes steady state without a break. But this way, I'm on the erg for 80 minutes. I push harder when I know there are rest periods too. <br><br>I lost 27 pounds in 4 months, doing longer workouts (with intensity, at times), and eating a low glycemic (South Beach) diet.