Ranger's Future In Indoor Rowing

read only section for reference and search purposes.
[old] hjs

Competitions

Post by [old] hjs » November 27th, 2005, 11:00 am

So lots off races to come for ranger. We will see what he will bring <br /><br />I wis him good luck

[old] John Rupp

Competitions

Post by [old] John Rupp » November 27th, 2005, 3:52 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Ericr+Nov 27 2005, 01:40 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Ericr @ Nov 27 2005, 01:40 AM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->So you can row 6:10 at the moment? [right] </td></tr></table><br /><br />Apparently so.<br /><br />6:25 - 15 seconds = 6:10.<br /><br />It will be interesting to see this. <br />

[old] ranger

Competitions

Post by [old] ranger » November 27th, 2005, 5:55 pm

I think that 6:16 is the limit of my potential, and if it is, it sure won't be reached immediately.<br /><br />If things go well, 6:24 might be possible, though.<br /><br />We'll see. <br /><br />6:24 on Jan. 29th at the CRASH-B qualifier in Cincinnati (or Toronto a week later, or Balimore a week later, or Chicago a week later, or Boston a week later...) would break the 55-59 lwt WR by 18 seconds.<br /><br />ranger

[old] ranger

Competitions

Post by [old] ranger » November 27th, 2005, 5:57 pm

If I row 6:24 in one or more of the qualifiers, I might row as a 55-59 hwt in Boston, to see if I can win a hwt hammer, too.<br /><br />6:32 is the qualifying time for the 55-59 hwts.<br /><br />ranger

[old] John Rupp

Competitions

Post by [old] John Rupp » November 27th, 2005, 6:24 pm

What is the 55-59 hwt record?

[old] FrancoisA

Competitions

Post by [old] FrancoisA » November 27th, 2005, 7:15 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-John Rupp+Nov 27 2005, 10:24 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(John Rupp @ Nov 27 2005, 10:24 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->What is the 55-59 hwt record? <br /> </td></tr></table><br />It is 6:21.3 and was set by Andy Ripley in 2005.

[old] John Rupp

Competitions

Post by [old] John Rupp » November 27th, 2005, 7:34 pm

Now we have Rich down to a 6:06.3.

[old] Coach Gus

Competitions

Post by [old] Coach Gus » November 27th, 2005, 11:27 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-John Rupp+Nov 27 2005, 03:34 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(John Rupp @ Nov 27 2005, 03:34 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Now we have Rich down to a 6:06.3.  <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />For not racing in two years, he's really doing great! I hope he keeps going. I think at this rate, he'll be under the magic 6 min. mark.

[old] ranger

Competitions

Post by [old] ranger » November 28th, 2005, 3:53 am

I am not going to be breaking any hwt records this year. I am just going to try to win the CRASH-Bs hwt 55-59 age group.<br /><br />ranger

[old] ranger

Competitions

Post by [old] ranger » November 28th, 2005, 3:57 am

I will be rowing as a hwt OTW.<br /><br />ranger

[old] Byron Drachman

Competitions

Post by [old] Byron Drachman » November 28th, 2005, 4:35 pm

<!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I will be rowing as a hwt OTW. </td></tr></table> <br /><br />Hi Rich,<br /><br />Will it matter? I see some college lightweight men events and some senior-master events, but is there much in the way of age and also weight handicapping for seniors around here? <br /><br />I'm hoping to meet you at the Ann Arbor Regatta next year. I looked for you last year. It was my first regatta. I had a total of a month and a half rowing, but only a few times sculling. I was trying not to flip and to finish ahead of the people in the next heat. It was great fun. Please tell them to get the crabs out of the river next year. I caught quite a few of them.<br /><br />Byron<br /><br />

[old] ranger

Competitions

Post by [old] ranger » November 28th, 2005, 5:03 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Byron Drachman+Nov 28 2005, 03:35 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Byron Drachman @ Nov 28 2005, 03:35 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I will be rowing as a hwt OTW. </td></tr></table><br /><br />Hi Rich,<br /><br />Will it matter? I see some college lightweight men events and some senior-master events, but is there much in the way of age and also weight handicapping for seniors around here? <br /><br />I'm hoping to meet you at the Ann Arbor Regatta next year. I looked for you last year. It was my first regatta. I had a total of a month and a half rowing, but only a few times sculling. I was trying not to flip and to finish ahead of the people in the next heat. It was great fun. Please tell them to get the crabs out of the river next year. I caught quite a few of them.<br /><br />Byron <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Byron--<br /><br />I don't know anything yet about racing on the water. I might try some races this next year, though. Don't know anything about what if available in terms of weight classes. I only know that I can't make 155 lbs., or whatever you have to be to row as a lwt OTW. 160 lbs. is about as low as I can go.<br /><br />I'll tell the folks at the Ann Arbor Rowing Club about the crabs in the Huron River. They can't seem to get rid of them. They slow me down. too! <br /><br />Perhaps I'll see you at the regatta.<br /><br />ranger<br /><br /><br />

[old] Coach Gus

Competitions

Post by [old] Coach Gus » November 28th, 2005, 5:40 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Byron Drachman+Nov 28 2005, 12:35 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(Byron Drachman @ Nov 28 2005, 12:35 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><br />Will it matter? I see some college lightweight men events and some senior-master events, but is there much in the way of age and also weight handicapping for seniors around here? <br /> <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />If there are sufficient entries regattas in this area have lightweight events and are age handicapped with time adjustments based on age.<br />

[old] John Rupp

Competitions

Post by [old] John Rupp » November 28th, 2005, 5:46 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-ranger+Nov 27 2005, 11:57 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(ranger @ Nov 27 2005, 11:57 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I will be rowing as a hwt OTW.<br /><br />ranger[right] </td></tr></table><br /><br />Looks like Freed's records are safe! <br />

[old] ranger

Competitions

Post by [old] ranger » November 28th, 2005, 7:02 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-John Rupp+Nov 28 2005, 04:46 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(John Rupp @ Nov 28 2005, 04:46 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-ranger+Nov 27 2005, 11:57 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><div class='genmed'><b>QUOTE(ranger @ Nov 27 2005, 11:57 PM)</b></div></td></tr><tr><td class='quote'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I will be rowing as a hwt OTW.<br /><br />ranger[right] </td></tr></table><br /><br />Looks like Freed's records are safe! <br /> </td></tr></table><br /><br />Freed's OTW records? I didn't know that he had any. Does he? OTW times are relative to conditions, anyway. OTW rowing is more racing against the opponent in the conditions than rowing against the clock.<br /><br />ranger<br />